You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky High Roller - TONIGHT

edited September 2016 in Poker Chat

The Sky High Roller resumes this evening (Tuesday) at 9pm.

Edition # 1 was a fabulous success, with 72 runners & a £15,200 prize pool for what was an £8,000 Guarantee.

A week later, the Guarantee has been increased to £10,000, but there seems to be far less noise & awareness, & so far, it has just 6 entrants.....

AKAscotty5000Essexphil5000Ludovician5000MattBates5000StayOrGo5000zit5000

Comments

• edited September 2016

I have a hunch the numbers won't be quite so strong tonight, but I hope I'm wrong. Might not be the first time.

Here's the satellite schedule for today....

17.30 & 18.30

£10.50 1 in 5 satellite to the Semi Final, with 3 semi final seats guaranteed.

£48 1 in 5 Semi-Final, with 5 seats to the Final guaranteed.

20.45, 20.50 & 20.55

£2.30 "All-In" with 1 seat to the Final guaranteed.

19.45, 20.15, 20.45

£2.40 Frenzy Rebuy, with 1 seat to the Final guaranteed.

£220 Sky High Roller 

• edited September 2016

Looking back at last week, if you missed it, we had a ball, & 2 of our Forum Comp winners cashed for 4 figure sums.

I penned a little blog last week, so for a taster of what you missed, have a read,
    HERE

"....mkgunner was then improbably outdrawn when his dominating A-8 was busted by the A-3 of Max_bear which flushed up, so he finished 5th, when he might have reasonably expected 4th being an Arsenal fan....."
  • edited September 2016

Morning Tikay.

Just to let you know, the High Roller is not open for reg yet? It says opens in 6 hours , 37 mins at time of this post. Error surely?
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky High Roller - TONIGHT:
    Morning Tikay. Just to let you know, the High Roller is not open for reg yet? It says opens in 6 hours , 37 mins at time of this post. Error surely?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Crikey, that's not good. I noticed earlier that it was not "highlighted", too.

I guess James had a day off & Sam took over. Leeds lad, see?

I've sent a note upstairs, am pretty sure it will be sorted pdq.

The nod is appreciated, thanks Alan.
  • edited September 2016

^^^^

In fact, I was incorrect Alan - it is NOT an error, it is like that deliberately, & for a reason.

James rarely makes a mistake.

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Sky High Roller - TONIGHT:
    The Sky High Roller resumes this evening (Tuesday) at 9pm.   Edition # 1 was a fabulous success, with 72 runners & a £15,200 prize pool for what was an £8,000 Guarantee.   A week later, the Guarantee has been increased to £10,000, but there seems to be far less noise & awareness, & so far, it has just 6 entrants..... AKAscotty 5000 Essexphil 5000 Ludovician 5000 MattBates 5000 StayOrGo 5000 zit 5000
    Posted by Tikay10
    All the usual suspects then lol

Must admit I was tempted to try this again this week as I enjoyed it last week.  However the satellites last week ran on the Saturday and Sunday aswell as the Monday and Tuesday so lots of chances to qualify for the £220 relatively cheaply.  With just the 2 semi finals this week - and a bit too early for me as won't be home in time from work to play the sats I'll probably have to abstain from it this week.  (Might risk a sneaky all in go though lol)

Good luck all playing it though.
  • edited September 2016

I think I can work out the 'reason', but on this occasion (and surprising coming from me), I disagree and I think reg should be open now to allow players to sign up for later. Or is it just in 6 hours time most of the pros will be just getting up?
  • edited September 2016
    I think I can work out the 'reason', but on this occasion (and surprising coming from me), I disagree and I think reg should be open now to allow players to sign up for later. Or is it just in 6 hours time most of the pros will be just getting up?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I've been up hours.

PS - I don't believe the situation will be changed today, but may be reviewed for future renewals.

• edited September 2016
    There isn't enough demand to run sats over the weekend too. We would do if they worked. Plus there can be too many sats going on at once. We don't want to take runners away from our weekend schedule.
    Maxally - from your point of view what benefits are there from being able to reg well in advance of a tourny starting?
    Cheers
  • edited September 2016
    There isn't enough demand to run sats over the weekend too. We would do if they worked. Plus there can be too many sats going on at once. We don't want to take runners away from our weekend schedule. Maxally - from your point of view what benefits are there from being able to reg well in advance of a tourny starting? Cheers
    Posted by Sky__James

By definition of name, this is a High Roller event. This to me means it will mainly be trying to attract direct buy ins. Not sure of the split last week of sat qualifiers compared with directs, but with the end number of players, it looks like there was a high volume of directs. Enabling them to reg early may spread the word amongst the poker community and subsequently, the 'noise' for this event will be raised.

To put it in simpler terms....the Channing effect ;)
  • edited September 2016
    Can I ask how many runners regged last night in the end?  There didn't seem to be much promotion of it during the week compared to the week before so I'm just wondering if it had any impact on the numbers of players or not.
  • edited September 2016
    According to Aussie09's site, it had 51 entrants which meant it just covered the guarantee.
  • edited September 2016
    indeed.. final Prizepool was £10,200 with top 6 getting paid.
  • edited September 2016

A sort of "as it happened" blow by blow summary of last night's Sky High Roller will be on this Forum in the next few minutes for anyone who may be interested. 
  • edited September 2016

There you go, all done, it is HERE