You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Punta Cuna follow up by staff?

edited September 2016 in Poker Chat
Anyone else still to hear from the Sky team regarding their pacakge? when contacting support it is always difficult as they dont' have zero knowledge of what happens next - state it is normal for communication to take longer than 48hrs as stated ( if so , why not change it) and it coudl take a week to hear anything from them. With flight prices rising wouldn't it be dealt with a little more professionalism?
Rant over

Comments

• edited September 2016

Hi,

Your Package is currently being processed.

It's not just "send the money", it has to first go to "Fraud & Risk", for an audit to ensure no hanky panky has gone off, then it gets approved, & the next stop is finance who sign off the Travel Expenses.

I would imagine you'll hear tomorrow, & I hope you'll have the most wonderful trip to Punta Cana & love every minute.

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cuna follow up by staff?:
    Hi, Your Package is currently being processed. It's not just "send the money", it has to first go to "Fraud & Risk", for an audit to ensure no hanky panky has gone off, then it gets approved, & the next stop is finance who sign off the Travel Expenses. I would imagine you'll hear tomorrow, & I hope you'll have the most wonderful trip to Punta Cana & love every minute.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for the reply - altough I wasn't expecting just "send the money" as you put it. I was going by what's written in the detail outlined on the website and not a big fan of contacting support where the poker support staff on a couple of occassions have been without any knowledge. 

Thank you - I do hope to have a fun time away :)
  • edited September 2016
    I do hope to have a fun time away :)
    Posted by nmongoosez
    Hope you have a fab time out there - I'm sure RSPCA, FeelGroggy, CxE and all the other players will "help" you with the task of enjoying yourself out there lol.

Run golden!
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cuna follow up by staff? : Hope you have a fab time out there - I'm sure RSPCA, FeelGroggy, CxE and all the other players will "help" you with the task of enjoying yourself out there lol. Run golden!
    Posted by IrishRose
    Cheers Rose, Glad I'm able to get to this one :) Good job I'll be a sensible influence on those reprobates :)
  • edited September 2016
    Similar problem for myself, was lucky enough to win a package through the prize draw last week, and received the confirmation email last Friday. Said any questions to either reply to the email or call a certain number and to get the documents sent back in 3 days, well I replied to the email and haven't heard back, and everytime I try and call the number given I never get through to anyone no matter how long I wait. Starting to get a little concerned, is there another way I can speak to someone about this?

Apologies for this being poorly worded but it's been written from my phone whilst at work 
  • edited September 2016
    Similar problem for myself, was lucky enough to win a package through the prize draw last week, and received the confirmation email last Friday. Said any questions to either reply to the email or call a certain number and to get the documents sent back in 3 days, well I replied to the email and haven't heard back, and everytime I try and call the number given I never get through to anyone no matter how long I wait. Starting to get a little concerned, is there another way I can speak to someone about this? Apologies for this being poorly worded but it's been written from my phone whilst at work 
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Hi SHANX,

I'll send this upstairs & see if they can get this resolved.
  • edited September 2016
    Similar problem for myself, was lucky enough to win a package through the prize draw last week, and received the confirmation email last Friday. Said any questions to either reply to the email or call a certain number and to get the documents sent back in 3 days, well I replied to the email and haven't heard back, and everytime I try and call the number given I never get through to anyone no matter how long I wait. Starting to get a little concerned, is there another way I can speak to someone about this? Apologies for this being poorly worded but it's been written from my phone whilst at work 
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Hi again SHANX,

I sent your note to a Proper Suit, & he got straight back to me.

Your package is currently being processed, it goes through 3 or 4 different stages.

A perfect storm of staff holiday & sickness intervened, unforch, so it did not get processed with the usual efficiency. However, they are all over it now, & it should be sorted tout de suite. 

Apologies for any angst, but these things do happen from time to time.

Hope Punta Cana is a tremendous experience for you.

PS - Don't forget to go online & get your Toiurist Card. It's only £14, including postage. You Can get them at the Airport, but it means a 2 hoor queue, which is a real PITA  after a long flight.   
  • edited September 2016
    I see lyonsbob got the last spot in the prize draw. Not a bad year he is having for poker trips. 
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cuna follow up by staff? : Cheers Rose, Glad I'm able to get to this one :) Good job I'll be a sensible influence on those reprobates :)
    Posted by nmongoosez
    How dare you sir, put me in the same category as the juniors. Feelgroggy and rspca maybe poker gods but are mere virgin reprobates. I, on the other hand am now at such a higher level that im practicing tantric reprobation. These minnions have been rejected only by lesser mortals (and many women) wheres as i have been rejected on a biblical scale.I am eternally damned whereas they will seek salvation from their mothers bosom, or any bosom for that matter (a couple of guys should be really worried)

As to what i think of skye, i couldnt possibly write on here till after the watershed. It took me 6 weeks to get the hotel booking ref. When i asked skye they just threw t&c at me. 

As to flights. Last i checked, 1 week from 25th from gatwick was best with europa. Thats 7 nights so would need to book an extra night in punta. Check prices daily as they can come down but unlikely at this late stage. If your booking xtra night, do it yourself. Price from skyes partner wil be $350. Thats for higher spec room. You can book cheaper rooms in hotel or book a much cheaper hotel if on a tight budget.(would need to arrange own transport with last option) The tourist visa thing. A bit like turkey. Purchased online last year. Got out quicker but waited in the van taxi outside in scorching heat for nearly an hour. 

Anyone need any help please feel free to contact me.

Look forward to meeting everyone ( as long as they dont work for skye)
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cuna follow up by staff? : How dare you sir, put me in the same category as the juniors. Feelgroggy and rspca maybe poker gods but are mere virgin reprobates. I, on the other hand am now at such a higher level that im practicing tantric reprobation. These minnions have been rejected only by lesser mortals (and many women) wheres as i have been rejected on a biblical scale.I am eternally damned whereas they will seek salvation from their mothers bosom, or any bosom for that matter (a couple of guys should be really worried) As to what i think of skye, i couldnt possibly write on here till after the watershed. It took me 6 weeks to get the hotel booking ref. When i asked skye they just threw t&c at me.  As to flights. Last i checked, 1 week from 25th from gatwick was best with europa. Thats 7 nights so would need to book an extra night in punta. Check prices daily as they can come down but unlikely at this late stage. If your booking xtra night, do it yourself. Price from skyes partner wil be $350. Thats for higher spec room. You can book cheaper rooms in hotel or book a much cheaper hotel if on a tight budget.(would need to arrange own transport with last option) The tourist visa thing. A bit like turkey. Purchased online last year. Got out quicker but waited in the van taxi outside in scorching heat for nearly an hour.  Anyone need any help please feel free to contact me. Look forward to meeting everyone ( as long as they dont work for skye)
    Posted by CxE1
    Not sure what you have against Skye it really is a lovely place, gets a bit breezy at times.
    Not sure how many tourist board representatives will be in Punta Cana, but if you ask one of the representatives from the poker site who put together this great package they may be able to help....have a nice time.

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cuna follow up by staff? : How dare you sir, put me in the same category as the juniors. Feelgroggy and rspca maybe poker gods but are mere virgin reprobates. I, on the other hand am now at such a higher level that im practicing tantric reprobation. These minnions have been rejected only by lesser mortals (and many women) wheres as i have been rejected on a biblical scale.I am eternally damned whereas they will seek salvation from their mothers bosom, or any bosom for that matter (a couple of guys should be really worried) As to what i think of skye, i couldnt possibly write on here till after the watershed. It took me 6 weeks to get the hotel booking ref. When i asked skye they just threw t&c at me.  As to flights. Last i checked, 1 week from 25th from gatwick was best with europa. Thats 7 nights so would need to book an extra night in punta. Check prices daily as they can come down but unlikely at this late stage. If your booking xtra night, do it yourself. Price from skyes partner wil be $350. Thats for higher spec room. You can book cheaper rooms in hotel or book a much cheaper hotel if on a tight budget.(would need to arrange own transport with last option) The tourist visa thing. A bit like turkey. Purchased online last year. Got out quicker but waited in the van taxi outside in scorching heat for nearly an hour.  Anyone need any help please feel free to contact me. Look forward to meeting everyone ( as long as they dont work for skye)
    Posted by CxE1

Apologies, I should have said kids and experienced reprobates! :)

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cuna follow up by staff? : Hi again SHANX, I sent your note to a Proper Suit, & he got straight back to me. Your package is currently being processed, it goes through 3 or 4 different stages. A perfect storm of staff holiday & sickness intervened, unforch, so it did not get processed with the usual efficiency. However, they are all over it now, & it should be sorted tout de suite.   Apologies for any angst, but these things do happen from time to time. Hope Punta Cana is a tremendous experience for you. PS - Don't forget to go online & get your Toiurist Card. It's only £14, including postage. You Can get them at the Airport, but it means a 2 hoor queue, which is a real PITA  after a long flight.   
    Posted by Tikay10

Hi Tikay, thank you for your quick response.

I understand that these things can take a while to confirm, it was only that I've had to send off for a quick passport renewal and am therefore unable to provide some of the information that they requested to be provided within 3 days. I'm also yet to confirm who I will be taking as a guest. But if it's yet to be fully confirmed then I won't panic just yet!

I'm guessing you're not attending this year then?

Thanks again for your help,

Chris 

• edited September 2016
    As a certain Victor Meldrew once said - I don't believe it!

Any chance sky could give these packages to deserving, gracious folk please. 

Never been to Skye, sounds nice though.
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cuna follow up by staff? : Not sure what you have against Skye it really is a lovely place, gets a bit breezy at times. Not sure how many tourist board representatives will be in Punta Cana, but if you ask one of the representatives from the poker site who put together this great package they may be able to help....have a nice time.
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Lol. If only you knew. The LAPT organises this and they make sky support look like geniuses. I won early and found some relatively cheap flights.When looking for xtra night i saw free child places in room. Its my daughters birthday that week and half term. I knew it was unlikely i would get the free child place but maybe a discounted rate. These are huge resorts. We are in high end rooms. Easy to negotiate giving up room for a cheaper room elsewhere in resort.Over a £100 a night difference so its in their benefit. I contacted hotel and they needed a booking ref as there was no record of me. I spent best part of six weeks trying to get a booking ref by which time the price of flights had nearly doubled. If goose and shanx are frustrated after 3 days, imagine how i feel after chasing almost daily for nearly six weeks and missing out on a no brainer booking. Its not that its skys fault but when i told them of the issue they replied with terms and conditions.
  • edited September 2016
    As a certain Victor Meldrew once said - I don't believe it! Any chance sky could give these packages to deserving, gracious folk please.  Never been to Skye, sounds nice though.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    I presume its meant for me. I probably am turning into a victor meldrew at my age. Am i gracious, Im certainly not as charitable as i used to be.Deserving...hmmmm...i put my money into pot same as everyone else. "give these packages" Sky, living it loving it and lapt all make a profit from this package as any business should.
  • edited September 2016
    Posted by SHANXTA
    How good does he run :)   Good luck out there matey..
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cuna follow up by staff? : I can see which way you're leaning here vinny, maybe even tilting. Make up the difference in the rooms with a nice, lumpy cash or even a bink.glgl.
    Posted by chilling
    Cheers mate, I'm good at getting the girl back to the room but unfortunately no idea what to do when ive got her there. At least i  know how to drown my sorrows in a free bar.
  • edited September 2016
    I see lyonsbob got the last spot in the prize draw. Not a bad year he is having for poker trips. 
    Posted by Phantom66
    He's pretty adept at beating folk and coming top of the pile.
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cuna follow up by staff? : Hi Tikay, thank you for your quick response. I understand that these things can take a while to confirm, it was only that I've had to send off for a quick passport renewal and am therefore unable to provide some of the information that they requested to be provided within 3 days. I'm also yet to confirm who I will be taking as a guest. But if it's yet to be fully confirmed then I won't panic just yet! I'm guessing you're not attending this year then? Thanks again for your help, Chris 
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Hi Chris,

I would try to expedite things at your end if you can, so that when Sky Poker get in touch with you, you are all sorted & prepared.