You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A POINTS POLICY CHANGE OR CUSTOMER SERVICE ERROR?

edited September 2016 in Poker Chat
I hope someone can enlighten me....

Under the existing points system I usually manage to make the 50 point threshold to qualify for the following week's Freerolls, occasionally get to 100 points to earn a tournament token and that's it.

Played the £5.50 £300 Deepstack last night and logged on today to see I have zero points this week.

Queried it with Customer Services and they said 

Unfortunately the tournament you entered did not contribute to poker points

The price of the game was only £5.50, so no poker points were awarded for it i'm afraid

There was more conversation before and after and I was polite (but frustrated) but it was hard work and despite his assertion, surely he was wrong?

Any thoughts?!

PS: As a small stakes player, I objected to 'the price of the game was only £5.50, but bit my tongue.

Comments

• edited September 2016
    You should definitely get 5 points for the 50p fee you have paid. 
  • edited September 2016

Hi Pete,

Well I'm certainly not going to suggest the people in Customer Care are wrong, but that seems incorrect to me.

For a £5 + £0.50 MTT, you should get 5 points.

I'm struggling to think of a reason why you would not be awarded them automatically.

I would suggest you go back to them, if you don't mind. Something does not add up here.

Here's the relevant wording from the Rewards Page......

"Sit & Go's and Tournaments: You will also earn Poker Points for buying in to any Multi and Single Table Tournament. You will earn 10 Poker Points for every £1 in entrance fees paid. For example, if you enter a £10 + £1 tournament, the £10 is your contribution to the prize fund and the additional £1 is the "fee" that you pay. This means in this example that you will earn 10 Poker Points. All loyalty points earned will be credited to your account at the end of each hand or tournament and can be viewed by going to 'My Account'."

And the Rewards Page is
    HERE

There is not, as far as I am aware, any "minimum" criteria. A fiver MTT should give you 5 points.

The real mystery here is that it is all done automatically. It's not like there is a little man with a pen & paper who credits these points, its all done automatically.

All very mysterious. I woukld suggest you go back to them, all polite & cooey-wooey, & ask them to double check.

• edited September 2016
    Hi all, the £300 deep stack was set up not to award 5 points by mistake. Everyone who played this tournament over the past 6 days will be refunded their 50p fee. Apologies for the inconvenience and customer service givng you incorrect information.
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: A POINTS POLICY CHANGE OR CUSTOMER SERVICE ERROR?:
    Hi all, the £300 deep stack was set up not to award 5 points by mistake. Everyone who played this tournament over the past 6 days will be refunded their 50p fee. Apologies for the inconvenience and customer service givng you incorrect information.
    Posted by Sky__James

Ok thanks for clearing that up. Thought it was strange!
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: A POINTS POLICY CHANGE OR CUSTOMER SERVICE ERROR?:
    Posted by Sky__James

Cheers for this James. I know you are busy with the new schedule, but is there a script you can run to see if any other 'new' tournaments slipped through the net and not awarded points in error?