You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM Query

edited September 2016 in Poker Chat
Hi all,

Just finished a DYM there where we were on the bubble, 3 players had about 800 chips and chipleader had 8 or 9k. Blinds were 200/400 and sb (shortie) calls to my amazement bb (chipleader) mucks!!

This was after the shortie previously had 85 chips and chipleader continued to bet everyone else off pot - which was just bad play more than doing anything wrong. 

However after they carried out the act above Im just wondering did they do anything wrong? 

Few hands on the bubble made it clear they wanted this other player to cash!

Im confident it wasnt collusion, Im pretty sure shortie has no part to play in it but would like to hear others thoughts and if you guys have come accross this before?

Trust me it wasnt an accidental muck.

Comments

• edited September 2016
    Agree the muck can't be accidental given you get a warning if you try and fold a checkable hand.

I suspect the big stack has a grudge against one of the other 2 players and so is helping the short stack.
  • edited September 2016
    Is that ok to do? or is there any rule against it I wonder?
  • edited September 2016
    I cant see that it is "against the rules". If the sb is not knowingly working with the bb and the motive is as suggested then it is not collusion.

Petty, bad form etc but not against the rules. I suspect that such play is sub-optimal for the big stack as they will not be closing the game out when it should be. Albeit in this case it sounds highly unlikely they are at risk themselves.

I have seen this sort of play once where there was an open grudge in the chatbox and many times in more playful spirit between macacgirl and tikay.
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: DYM Query:
    We cant go on together with suspicious minds.
    Posted by chilling
    I will meet you at midnight under the moon light xx
  • edited September 2016
    I've seen it a few times but a blantant fold pre flop as the sb just calls there bb I have never seen before. That took the biscuit.

• edited September 2016
    Sorry Ger for taking this away from something you feel strong about,my regards to you paige xx
  • edited September 2016
    Sorry Ger for taking this away from something you feel strong about,my regards to you paige xx
    Posted by paige55
    it was never my intention to do that I also play dym
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: DYM Query : it was never my intention to do that I also play dym
    Posted by paige55
    you will find me playing the 30p dym
  • edited September 2016
    I cant see that it is "against the rules". If the sb is not knowingly working with the bb and the motive is as suggested then it is not collusion. Petty, bad form etc but not against the rules. I suspect that such play is sub-optimal for the big stack as they will not be closing the game out when it should be. Albeit in this case it sounds highly unlikely they are at risk themselves. I have seen this sort of play once where there was an open grudge in the chatbox and many times in more playful spirit between macacgirl and tikay.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Sums it up for me. Odd, unusual, a bit silly, & might go badly wrong, but no rules broken. If someone wishes to target someone else in a DYM, they are entitled so to do.

It was certainly NOT "collusion", as by inference, collusion requires 2 players to deliberately work together.

As to your last sentence, I must correct you slightly there. Maca & I DID spite call each other from time to time, & we certainly did our best to beat each other all the time. However, neither of us would open fold in the way Ger described, as it's a bit "dirty" & unfair on the other players at the table.  

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: DYM Query : Sums it up for me. Odd, unusual, a bit silly, & might go badly wrong, but no rules broken. If someone wishes to target someone else in a DYM, they are entitled so to do. It was certainly NOT "collusion", as by inference, collusion requires 2 players to deliberately work together. As to your last sentence, I must correct you slightly there. Maca & I DID spite call each other from time to time, & we certainly did our best to beat each other all the time. However, neither of us would open fold in the way Ger described, as it's a bit "dirty" & unfair on the other players at the table.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    True of course and when I said "sort of play" I wasn't thinking that exact play. I do recall at least one "spite fold" from maca when she was protecting her lead in the 100 game HU challenge between you, but it definitely wasnt a fold when checking was an option.