You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Could you please introduce antes?

edited October 2016 in Feedback & Suggestions
Antes make things so much more interesting. I probably don't need to explain the benefits to the community, but I will say that it makes things much more exciting. Every other poker client or site uses antes, with good reason, so will Sky introduce them?

It's the single reason I don't play on here full-time and I'm sure there must be others put off by their abscence.

Comments

• edited October 2016

I guess Running Antes may be on the list somewhere, but certainly not near the top. They are certainly not needed in Bounty Hunters, which is where the bulk of the traffic here resides.

For the Freezeouts, yes, I agree, they would be more "exciting" if they had RA's. However, everyone is playing under the same basis, so nobody is at any advantage or disadvantage.

Worth noting - though you know this already, I fancy - but RA's will be of most benefit to winning players, as their edge increases with them. Those who lose money in MTT's will just lose it faster when RA's are present.

You are also correct in noting that every other poker site has them, & that's a fair point. I'd also say, however, that Sky Poker has increased revenues by a double digit % in each of the last 3 years, & is doing so again on the current financial year. In a declining poker market, no other site has managed this. Which is an interesting thought, I'd say.