You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad beats (not a moan)

edited October 2016 in Poker Chat
I only play low stake tourneys (mainly £2.20 and £5.50 deepstack).Seems to be loads of bad beats in these tourneys.... What I want to know is, is it the same in higher stake tournies what the main players player in, your always gonna get them, I fully understand that... but seems to be loads in the lower ones which I play in...Like I say, not a moan, just interested in peoples views!!

Comments

• edited October 2016
    The trick is, is to dodge them. and know when to lay your hand down. Hard not to fall in love with pocket rockets but it is only a pair after all. You play a lot of hands in tourneys and they can be quick fire one after the other - bound to be a few incredible bad beats during the game. In the lower priced games, people will hang onto marginal hands because they don't have too much money to lose and if or when they do get there they think they are good players.
    Make lots of notes on these players and bide your time.
  • edited October 2016
    1st-you cannot dodge bad beats. Not unless you quit.

Second-imagine you played perfectly, always getting your money in on the turn ahead. You would lose sometimes, even as a -80-92% favourite. These are bad beats and sometimes they happen more frequently than seems normal.

If the only time you lose is through bad beats your doing ok.

try and remember when you win from behind more.