You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

RIP Sky Poker Cash Games

edited October 2016 in Poker Chat
ZERO £.50/1 Cash games & only 4 £.25/.50 games running at 10.30pm on a Thursday night

Spin up tables are great for Sky's bottomline short term, but this is the result...

Comments

• edited October 2016
    By mentioning 'short term', I suppose you think that they're bad for Sky's bottomline in the long-term? If so, how come? I could be mistaken, jw
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: RIP Sky Poker Cash Games:
    By mentioning 'short term', I suppose you think that they're bad for Sky's bottomline in the long-term? If so, how come? I could be wrong, jw
    Posted by percival09
    Bad for the games long term = Bad for Sky's bottom line long term 

The money being raked out of those spin up games is insane

I very doubt they are beatable below £1/2, even the winners above will be tiny winners bonuses/rakeback

You need huge supply of fresh players constantly, possible on the biggest online poker site, but not on Sky

Too musch is being raked, they CANNOT win long term playing spin ups, they just don't know it

• edited October 2016
    Guess you can't sit and wait for the nuts in a spin up game.
  • edited October 2016
    Just have to pick your times a bit more these days, still plenty of value in the site, even for fairly casual players like myself, but definitely since the spin ups the normal games tend to be a lot more Reg heavy. Nothing stopping you mixing in other sites  - I've found this is working for me. 

Also don't think the spin ups will kill the site, as the guys losing on spin ups are the guys who used to lose on Reg tables. It's likely they will deposit their budgeted amount and lose it on the spin ups rather than Reg tables, so no difference to their bottom line. Spin ups give more action so maybe more fun etc. So money/value transferred from regs>Sky. If Sky reinvest increased profits in more promos targeted to these losing players they may feel they are getting better value for money. Sites are now waking up to the fact that regs are taking value from the system rather than adding.
  • edited October 2016
    I love the spin ups there fast and exciting and I don't think you could get the same buzz from putting £2 in a 2p 4p table as for the rake being insane is it any differant to the 2p games or is it just faster