You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Quick rule / ethic question

edited October 2016 in Poker Chat
The river board is.... say  KQJTx r

The  betting on this hand isnt super aggro ...and  betting suggests we both have an A..and its going to be a shared pottage...

One player warns " We both have A,,,watch the rake...." (pre-empting a donk bet )

Is this collusion ?

Comments

• edited October 2016
    normally both check no need for bet unless you think hes blagging ..me id go all in if id got the ace  after what he said , nowt to lose
    colluding mmm best not say owt why he said owt i dont know bit daft imo but colluding id say no but its boarder line me thinks
  • edited October 2016
    Hhhmm.

Between me and you..

It was me that spoke out .

I wondered after the event if what I said could be collusion.

Weve all been in that position where someone shoves on an obvious   share.

Thanks for replying though. 

Hope youve stopped hiding premiums.

• edited October 2016
    Surprising how often someone will have a 9 here that they will not fold, esp at micro/low stakes my default strategy would be shove all in, can think of 2 occasions where someone called a 3xpot shove with a 9, so you are probably losing money by checking down to save rake. 
  • edited October 2016
    Personally I don't think its collusion. Collusion is when 2 or more players actively agree an action that is to the detriment of
    other players. Sky poker is not a player,they provide a service for which they get very well paid indeed. Rake should be considered in you betting strategy, and as such is part of the game. when someone goes all in, you do not get the value of his bet if you call, it is minus the rake on their bet also minus the rake on your call, so the odds are worse than it appears
  • edited October 2016
    I dont think it is collusion either, as Sir-Gary says you are not working together to the detriment of other player(s).

WIth IHU's comments it is a balance of rake saved over value lost to players who will call, seen players call overbet shoves with sets and 2 pair not just the low end of a straight. Some players are persistent non-believers or just cant lay down "a hand".

Maybe an issue with announcing your hand while action to come?

Try reporting yourself and see what happens ;-)

• edited October 2016

Don't see anything wrong with it, but if the villain told me he had Broadway, & suggested I should not bet, I'd snap go all-in. He might be telling porkies, after all. It has been known.....