You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live chat help

edited October 2016 in Poker Chat
If you have come looking for a moan post, just keep on moving.

Just contacted Danny on live chat to sort a problem I had through my brilliant play (brag) and my total stupidity and forgetfulness (non-brag).
He immediately found a solution.

Excellent service, thank you.

This post was just to give credit where it is deserved when enough people are quick to moan.

Now let's go and lose some money (to Tikay probably).

Comments

• edited October 2016

That's a lovely Post, Dragon, & I shall pass it on to the Contact Centre folks.

No group of people in this or any other Business are more maligned than those who work in Contact Centres. And let's remember, most Customers who complain are often upset, irritated, or just jolly angry. Who'd want to spend all day dealing with them? Not a job many of us would fancy, I suggest.

No team of people try harder, or work harder, to do a good job than those who work in the Contact Centre at SB&G. (It is In-House, at Leeds, not contracted out).

They work to "Service Levels", & report daily on whether these were achieved, & if not, why not. The Daily Report from the Contact Centre is a huge file, & reports on every aspect of their work - reason for contact, amount of contacts, means of contact (Live Chat, Social, 'Phone, e-Mails), forecast volumes & service levels v actual.

It is also broken down into Bet, Gaming, & a few other headings.

The reasons for the Contact are sorted into a Top 5 or Top 10, which provides feedback to The Business as to where Customers have problems.

And here's the thing - relative to SB&G as a whole, Poker generates a negligible amount of Contacts, so small as to be almost un-measurable, or even visible in a pie chart. So they don't employ anyone just to look after poker. There's no point, they'd sit twiddling their thumbs all day.

Daily volumes average a 4 figure number. Just over a week ago, there was a site wide problem between Midnight & 3am. That generated a five figure number of Contacts, &, of course, inevitable delays against Service Levels, as it's impossible to have sufficient resource on tap to handle such short term peaks.

Often, these peaks are nothing to do with SB&G. Yesterday afternoon, for example, a jockey was seriously injured in a race at Hexham, & racing was delayed for 2 hours as a result, whilst he was attended to, & the Air Ambulance was mustered etc. That resulted in a huge spike of contacts, who were cross that their bets in subsequent races had not been settled. (They could not be - the races had yet to even take place).

So when we see angry sorts come on here & complain that the Contact Centre is a "Joke", & the Staff don't know much about poker, it does tend to irk somewhat, & I have little sympathy with them, because they have not tried to understand the complexities & difficulties.

Thanks for the kind words which I shall pass on, & I hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday.     
  • edited October 2016
    Just to add to the praise - I have not been on Sky for a while, but in the past whenever there have been technical problems with tourny's, Sky have always come to a solution that is more than fair to players. I 'may' just have been lucky that when it has happened to me it has been resolved swiftly and fairly. Although, from experience with other sites, Sky rates right up there for me for their customer service.

Mich