You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend footy betting (13th Feb)

edited February 2010 in The Shed
It's time to attempt to take a few quid from the bookies again. I could do with a winner (unless I happen to win £113m on the Euro lottery tonight). As usual I've gone for 3 different bets.

Main accumulator

Coventry to beat QPR (H) @ 11/10
Middlesbrough to beat Peterborough (H) @ 4/7
Norwich to beat Brighton (A) @ 5/6
Millwall to beat Exeter (H) @ 8/15
Shrewsbury to beat Hereford (H) @ 4/5

The 5 way on this currently pays 15/1.

Coventry will be in buoyant mood after turning over Forest in midweek (thanks for that, the one game that busted my midweek coupon!). Quite simply Rangers have been absolutely atrocious recently having won only one of their last 13 league games home & away. Boro have started to pick up slowly under Strachan and should see off a weak Peterboro' side who have yet to win on the road this season. Norwich have been strong lately with last weeks narrow defeat at Millwall being their first league defeat for 11 games (of which, they've won 10). Millwall have only lost 1 at home in all competitions all season & have beaten both Leeds & Norwich there too. Exeter have won only 2 & lost 8 of their last 11 league games so should pose minimal problems. Shrewsbury have lost only 1 of their last 8 league games whilst Hereford have managed just 1 away win all season.

Long shot

Forest to beat Doncaster (A) @ 5/4
Leeds to beat Leyton Orient (A) @ 4/5
Colchester to beat Stockport (A) @ 8/11
Bury to beat Chesterfield (A) @ 15/8
Southampton to beat Pompey (H) @ 15/8
Birmingham to beat Derby (A) @ 6/5

These 6 currently pay a massive 126/1 so well worth risking a pound.

Forest will want to get themselves back on track after 2 consecutive away defeats at Derby & Coventry. Leeds have started to pick themselves up again after a poor January & Colchester should turn over the division's whipping boys at Edgeley Park (Stockport have drawn 2 & lost 14 of their last 16 league games!). Chesterfield & Bury should be a tight game but Bury have been in better form out of the 2 having won 7 & drawn 1 of their last 8 league games. Saints/Pompey is a pure instinct bet. They've been good at home & will really be looking to add to Pompey's troubles. Despite the fact that Derby have been in decent form themselves of late, Birmingham should be too strong for them but it'll be close.

Over/Under

Preston/Blackpool - OVER 2.5 @ 10/11
Middlesbrough/Peterborough - OVER 2.5 @ 5/6
Brighton/Norwich - OVER 2.5 @ 5/6
Huddersfield/Swindon - OVER 2.5 @ 5/6
Millwall/Exeter - OVER 2.5 @ 10/11

The 5 way here is currently paying 21/1.

As ever, good luck to all those having a flutter this weekend & let's see if we can't sting 'em for a few quid.

Jay

p.s. Not sure if anyone has seen it, but Skybet has changed it's layout & seem to have a few new features on there. It loads up as usual but if you click in the top right of the screen you can try the new beta version. Seems a bit better to me but will take a bit of getting used to navigating round it.

Comments