You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday Night's MTT Top Trio - a look at how they went last night.

edited October 2016 in Poker Chat

As the new schedule settles in, thought it might be worth having a look at the Top Trio of MTT's on Sky Poker last night.

Three big events last night, with Guarantees of £8,000, £5,000 & £15,000, so here’s a quick look at who did what.

Comments

• edited October 2016

Super Rebuy @ 7pm, £55 buy-in, £8,000 Guarantee, 58 entries

With the rebuy rate quite low, this missed Guarantee by £1,100. On the plus side, it attracted a good few Big Boys from other Sites.

Winner was FLOBBY1 who earned £2,283 for easily his biggest scoop on Sky Poker, though it’s only a month since he started playing here I believe.

WIKED was runner-up, & he had a cracking evening, as we’ll see later, with Barrie26, jordz16 & SenorBegs all finalling too. Minor cashes went to MUZOWNED, jermaine99 & Sticky Solly.

Incidentally, prior to the new 15% payout structure, this would have paid the Final Table only, & not top 9.

Close up, but no cigars, were rancid, the old rascal HAYSIE, & aussie09.

• edited October 2016

Bounty Hunter @ 7.30pm, £33 entry, £5,000 Guarantee, 240 entries

The age old dilemma for Sky Poker. Folk complain “too many Bounty Hunters”, but whilst the Super Rebuy struggles, this £33 affair beat the £5,000 Guarantee by the best part of 50%, coming in at a whopping £7,200.  

Anyway, our winner was devil_tear, who won a Punta Cana package in 2015 if my memory has not failed me, & took along his young lady, or it may have been his daughter, I forget which.

ronny707 was 2nd, chiggy-wiggy 3rd, I8PALACE with, young groggs was 5th & lewis274 rounded out the top 6.

Amongst the minor cashes were StayOrGo (well done Graham),scotty77 (welcome back Ryan) & the dreadful ctbn (how?)

• edited October 2016

Sunday Major @ 8pm, £110 entry, £15,000 Guarantee, 181 entries

181 entries is quite something. If we look back at the last 7 renewals of this (previously called Super Roller) we see this;

28th August – 105

4th September - 131

11th September - 139

18th September - 138

25th September - 152

2nd October - 167

9th October - 181

Which is quite something, huh? Part of it is seasonality, of course, but that’s quite some uplift.

Anyway, last night’s winner was WIKED, who added just south of £5,000 to the £1,400 or so he pocketed in the Super Rebuy earlier in the evening. MBN etc.

pokarito (2nd), rickrose (3rd), 24caliber 4th, JChip 5th & I8PALACE in 6th, who also finalled the 7.30pm BH.

MUZOWNED just missed the Final, as he also did in the Super Rebuy, ditto jermaine99, the latter not running quite so good this week after winning a Samsung Tablet on Sky Poker last week in odd circumstances.

Minor cashes went the way of dewi-cool, an 83 year old Welsh friend of mine & APAT regular,  with Norwich City super-fan lovejunky, & Spurs nutcase TommyD both emulating their football teams & falling just shy of glory.

BMX Biker bloke LB44, jordz16, the Sky Poker veteran IRONZ, The_Reflex, who posted on the Forum last week for the first time, & chiggypig (also cashed in the 7.30 BH) all took home some consolation money.

• edited October 2016

If you played any of these, and have any Tales from the Table, or any good/bad beats, post 'em up.
  • edited October 2016

Be quite interested to see player sentiment towards the 15% payout structure.

Yes, it lops some off the top, but it certainly benefitted a lot of players last night in the Super Rebuy & Sunday Major.

What do you think?
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night's MTT Top Trio - a look at how they went last night.:
    Be quite interested to see player sentiment towards the 15% payout structure. Yes, it lops some off the top, but it certainly benefitted a lot of players last night in the Super Rebuy & Sunday Major.   What do you think?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Personally I love the 15% payout as I like to think I have a chance of winning my buy in back and a few hours of "free" poker rather than the dream of getting into the top FT each time.   But then again I'm sure if I was a regular on the Final Tables I'd prefer the bigger prize pot lol.  
  • edited October 2016
    15% is good for me but wd like to see the actual structures as it is actually 20% with small fields.  I noticed for instance that the rebuy jumped from 6 to 8 paid when it got to 40 runners last night.

Wd not like to see this spread to the BHs though.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night's MTT Top Trio - a look at how they went last night.:
    15% is good for me but wd like to see the actual structures as it is actually 20% with small fields.  I noticed for instance that the rebuy jumped from 6 to 8 paid when it got to 40 runners last night. Wd not like to see this spread to the BHs though.
    Posted by SoLack
    Hi Paul,

First the easy answer - the 15% payout structure will NOT be applied to Bounty Hunters, that's a certainty, at least in the foreseeable future.

As to those anomalies, I guess that in small fields, it can vary a bit depending on number of runners, otherwise it gets a bit awkward.

Players should actually be able to see the Payout Structures on the Site somewhere. They were always published, & quite right too. Oddly, I spent an hour or more last week searching for them without success, so either they are not there now, or I've lost the plot (NAP).

I'll have a word with the Office, as thy should be available for all to see at a glance. Bear with me/them though, as thy have their hands full with stuff right now.   

• edited October 2016
    [QUOTE]15% is good for me but wd like to see the actual structures as it is actually 20% with small fields.  I noticed for instance that the rebuy jumped from 6 to 8 paid when it got to 40 runners last night. Wd not like to see this spread to the BHs though.
    Posted by SoLack

That is correct (ish) under the new system, Paul.

31 to 40 pays SIX places, 41 to 50 pays EIGHT places. "Rounding" & all that.

The new payout structures will be published on the site in due course, once the dust has settled & things have settled down.

• edited October 2016
    If you played any of these, and have any Tales from the Table, or any good/bad beats, post 'em up.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I nearly completed the ultimate chip and a chair In the high rollErr.... When blinds were 500-1000 I got unlucky in a 85k pot and got left with 168 chips ... Managed to some how in a space of 1 hour have 300k in chips (all skill obviously;-). Only to finally finish 8th For £400+, good recovery from 168 chips , morale of the story "never give up "
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night's MTT Top Trio - a look at how they went last night. : I nearly completed the ultimate chip and a chair In the high rollErr.... When blinds were 500-1000 I got unlucky in a 85k pot and got left with 168 chips ... Managed to some how in a space of 1 hour have 300k in chips (all skill obviously;-). Only to finally finish 8th For £400+, good recovery from 168 chips , morale of the story "never give up "
    Posted by jermaine99
    Blimey - one sixth of a Big Blind.

Awesome comeback, must be said.

It's quite interesting how often we see that in SNG's & MTT's - a player gets near felted, so moves all in blind every hand, & somehow keeps hitting. It's exacerbated, of course, as everyone calls to "help" bust Mr Shortie, so he can easily quadruple or quintuple up.

In the UKPC Omaha a few years back, a lad named Adam Picken misread his hand (genuinely) in a pot v Chris Brammer, & was down to ONE BB in Level 2. He jammed the next hand, obv, & the whole table, all 8 of us called & checked it down, & he won the hand. A day later he was sat on the Final Table, & finished 6th for about £2,500.

Back in 2006, when I guess you were still at school, I did similar in the £750 NLH at Luton. The geezer to my right had been a perfect pain throughout Day 1, just kept playing back at me, & I lost patience & made a bad call on the penultimate hand of the day, which left me EXACTLY 1 BB. And I was BB next hand, the last hand of the day. So be it, it happens.

At least it would mean I did not have to return on Day 2. But as "Last Hand" had been called, everyone just folded, & my "mate", in the SB, said "here, you can have a walk". Gee, thanks pal, that was the first walk he had given me all day, exactly when I was most desperate for a caller. So I bagged up 1.5 Bigs for Day 2.

I debated not returning, but you know how it is, hope springs eternal & all that.

To cut a long & boring story short, THM records me as having won the Event for £24,000, though the reality is we did a bit of Business 3 handed, & I took about £17,000 iirc. 

As you say, never give up. 

Also, as you say, "all skill, obviously".....  

• edited October 2016
    Bounty Hunter @ 7.30pm, £33 entry, £5,000 Guarantee, 240 entries   The age old dilemma for Sky Poker. Folk complain “too many Bounty Hunters”, but whilst the Super Rebuy struggles, this £33 affair beat the £5,000 Guarantee by the best part of 50%, coming in at a whopping £7,200.     Anyway, our winner was devil_tear , who won a Punta Cana package in 2015 if my memory has not failed me, & took along his young lady, or it may have been his daughter, I forget which.   ronny707 was 2 nd , chiggy-wiggy 3 rd , I8PALACE with, young groggs was 5 th & lewis274 rounded out the top 6.   Amongst the minor cashes were StayOrGo (well done Graham), scotty77 (welcome back Ryan) & the dreadful ctbn (how?)  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Really doesn't surprise me TBH and I expect this to continue. If i remember correctly a £55 freeze-out ran in this slot on a Sunday prior to the new schedule being run on SKY and that always struggled for runners.
    IMO a £55/£110 regular or deep bounty hunter would be a much better option to fill this slot. Personally id love to see something like a £22 rebuy BH. I'm pretty sure either of those options would be popular and cover the guarantee's each week over the coming winter months. 
    Maybe I'm prematurely writing the current tournament that's there off and I expect SKY to give it a couple of runs to see if the runners pick up. 
    One small criticism of SKY (which sounds bad I know) would be that it can listen to its players on the forum and up taking a bit too much on board from their recommendations. Its obviously a good thing on the whole and SKY is definitely the best site out their for listening to its player base. However we see it all the time on discussion threads when players are asked what tournaments they want too see, players always ask for super-deep freeze outs or Omaha variations etc. and that they want less BH's and they always end up struggling to meet the guarantees.   
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night's MTT Top Trio - a look at how they went last night. : Really doesn't surprise me TBH and I expect this to continue. If i remember correctly a £55 freeze-out ran in this slot on a Sunday prior to the new schedule being run on SKY and that always struggled for runners. IMO a £55/£110 regular or deep bounty hunter would be a much better option to fill this slot. Personally id love to see something like a £22 rebuy BH. I'm pretty sure either of those options would be popular and cover the guarantee's each week over the coming winter months.  Maybe I'm prematurely writing the current tournament that's there off and I expect SKY to give it a couple of runs to see if the runners pick up.  One small criticism of SKY (which sounds bad I know) would be that it can listen to its players on the forum and up taking a bit too much on board from their recommendations. Its obviously a good thing on the whole and SKY is definitely the best site out their for listening to its player base. However we see it all the time on discussion threads when players are asked what tournaments they want too see, players always ask for super-deep freeze outs or Omaha variations etc. and that they want less BH's and they always end up struggling to meet the guarantees.   
    Posted by Curt360x27
    Good post Curt.

They ran a £110 BH last week as a non-Main event for the first time (excluding UKOPS etc) & there was some nervousness as to whether it would cover the £10,000 Guarantee, but it cruised over the line with plenty to spare.