You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

poker refer a friend

2»

Comments

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: poker refer a friend:
    It's hard for a newby to hit the required 375 points...maybe there should be a reward ladder i.e. 20 pts  = Sky Poker Mug 40 pts  = Sky Poker T-shirt 60 pts  = Sky Poker hoodie 100 pts = £5.00 reward and so on, thus even the newbies get something for joining!!! x
    Posted by TRIP5

I am 1 of those newbies trying to get to 375. so far i am only at 190 or something. And with 8days left i don'tthink i will be making it. So i agree that maybe it should be lowered to 250 maybe thatway it is reachable.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: SIGN HERE, poker refer a friend and other legal SCAMS:
    In Response to Re: SIGN HERE, poker refer a friend and other legal SCAMS : I'm not going to read the rest of your post because this is stupid enough as it is. Learn to read. Nothing in life is free. Suck it up.
    Posted by beaneh
    Bit tight mate. I haven't done this myself but when i see the adverts that you get paid for referrals It is a bit misleading and I think that all the 'perfect ,holier than thou, never get ripped off ever messiahs that dog off anyone with the slightest excuse clan' should at least concede that Sky are relying on not so careful people who don't read t&c to sign someone up to line their pockets and make them money.

In other companies such as Gyms and the like you do get something for nothing for referrals. You don't get it after they have been on the treadmill for 100 miles or can bench press 200lbs.

Why is the 'catch' in the t&c rather than in your face with the offer? cos they know that no-one will do it that's why and if half the people don't read any terms they are laughing. I love Sky but certain people on here will only see them as saints no matter what they do or how unfair.

Even time share sharks cough up something there and then for nothing for referrals.

Soz if i have annoyed anyone but there you go lol
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: poker refer a friend :
    It's hard for a newby to hit the required 375 points...maybe there should be a reward ladder i.e. 20 pts  = Sky Poker Mug 40 pts  = Sky Poker T-shirt 60 pts  = Sky Poker hoodie 100 pts = £5.00 reward and so on, thus even the newbies get something for joining!!! x Posted by TRIP5 I am 1 of those newbies trying to get to 375. so far i am only at 190 or something. And with 8days left i don'tthink i will be making it. So i agree that maybe it should be lowered to 250 maybe thatway it is reachable.
    Posted by Damo_Bhoy
    you wont get there if you are playing low level cash or low level sng's UNLESS you multi table at these levels.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: poker refer a friend : you wont get there if you are playing low level cash or low level sng's UNLESS you multi table at these levels.

IS THIS IS THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS..??..LOL...GOOD POINT AIRWALKER...
    Posted by loonytoons
  • edited February 2010
    Can everyone stop posting mangled quotes and do them proper like, it's not rocket-science ;-) lol
  • edited February 2010
    Can everyone stop posting mangled quotes and do them proper like, it's not rocket-science ;-) lol
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    LOL. I am confused an all. Who's writing what?
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: SIGN HERE, poker refer a friend and other legal SCAMS:
    didnt your mum ever tell you , you get nothing in this life for free, mine did lol !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    I was stopped walking down the street before outside one of them cheque cashing places, they had a tombola type thing with tickets blowing about in it and I had to pick one. There was one with £20 marked on it stuck to the top not moving. I just had to peel it off and give them my details.  Im sure Mr Smith of High Street recieved some great offers and I pocketed a score for nowt.
  • edited February 2010
    Go to sky poker announcements in the forum and look at the thread ' refer your mates for £££'s' this explains all and who to contact.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: poker refer a friend 

It's hard for a newby to hit the required 375 points...maybe there should be a reward ladder i.e. 20 pts  = Sky Poker Mug 40 pts  = Sky Poker T-shirt 60 pts  = Sky Poker hoodie 100 pts = £5.00 reward and so on, thus even the newbies get something for joining!!! x Posted by TRIP5 I am 1 of those newbies trying to get to 375. so far i am only at 190 or something. And with 8days left i don'tthink i will be making it. So i agree that maybe it should be lowered to 250 maybe thatway it is reachable.
    Posted by Damo_Bhoy

Not much in life is for free. Complaining that you couldn't be ar sed to read the ts and cs and then finding out that you don't get something for free is just stupid. Plain and simple.
  • edited February 2010
    Janet Jackson said that the best things in life are free. I feel a bit short-changed, or maybe she's not a big poker fan......
  • edited February 2010
    I dont think its that hard to get, i deposited £20 on feb 3rd, so been playing 11 days and obviously with £20 its been low stakes, ive built itupto £127.77 and soemtiems play slighlty higher stakes and I now have 298 points for this month. 

Gareth
  • edited February 2010
    Dont know if the new promotion now includes refer a friend but new players now only need 75 points for a fiver
  • edited February 2010
    The OP seems to have got rinsed for this but i think he has a point. As the referer your already playing on the site so probably not going anywhere. I agree that the new depositor should have to earn enough points to get their part of the Bonus but the referer should be paid straight away. If you are an affiliate on something like FT or Stars Etc you get your referal payment for the sign up and then earn MORE if they qualify by playing and earning past a certain amount of points - thats the standard i'd expect, not to have to wait for someone to play enough to earn the right amount of points.

And no, i can't say truthfully that I fully read terms and conditions small print on here, i'd expect the advertised part of the offer to be reasonably transparent due to Skys reputation