You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Question about tournament tokens

edited October 2016 in Poker Chat
I have been saving up my tournament tokens so that I can put them together and play either a main event or use them in the upcoming UKOPS. I now have 2 x £2.50 tokens from the latest MTT tournament token promo.
These two tokens have to be used up this week, so , my question is this, If I want to use them in say a mini tournament @ £5.50 what happens? Does the computer take the two tokens and then 50p cash? or will it use one of my £2.30 tokens to make up the extra money? Do I then get a token for £1.80 or do I just lose that value?
Thanks for any assistance in reply.
Nick

Comments

• edited October 2016
    Hi bud yes it will take the 2 tokens and 50 p cash . 

If u went to play a game for say  £3.30 with a £5 token u wont get any change in cash or tokens it would take the whole £5 token hope that helps bud gl in your tournaments. Carl
  • edited October 2016
    If you have tokens less than a value of a buy-in it will use all tokens and top up with cash.

However, if I have read that correctly you already have some £2.30 tokens and £2.50 tokens.

If you have tokens totalling more than the value of a BI you will lose part of the value of a token.

I am not sure of the exact combination it will use, but for example if you enter a £5.50 tournament you could lose £1.80 worth of a £2.30 token as it use one to make the BI up to £5.50.

You don't get change - it's all or nothing with a token.
  • edited October 2016
    It does highlight an issue and I see your dilemma

With the rewards tokens being saveable, I did just what you are planning to do and I was lucky in that the first £5.00 tokens came the very week I was entering a main.

Other promotional tokens tend to have have 1 week expiries, presumably as many of them are aimed at attracting new or returning players and they want to keep them on the site.

It does mean that you are forced to lose value which doesn't seem fair.

I imagine it would require more tweaking under the hood to allow tokens to be part used and given change. It can be done on other parts of the SB&G network. I doubt it would be a "high priority" fix though. 

In the bigger scheme of things losing part of something given for free isn't the worse thing that can happen.

• edited October 2016
    Would actually love if you could use your tokens as a free bet, could be an idea.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Question about tournament tokens:
    It does highlight an issue and I see your dilemma With the rewards tokens being saveable, I did just what you are planning to do and I was lucky in that the first £5.00 tokens came the very week I was entering a main. Other promotional tokens tend to have have 1 week expiries, presumably as many of them are aimed at attracting new or returning players and they want to keep them on the site. It does mean that you are forced to lose value which doesn't seem fair. I imagine it would require more tweaking under the hood to allow tokens to be part used and given change. It can be done on other parts of the SB&G network. I doubt it would be a "high priority" fix though.  In the bigger scheme of things losing part of something given for free isn't the worse thing that can happen.
    Posted by Phantom66
    I got 2 £2.50 tokens thank's to my free entry into semi & had a couple of £2.30 ones stashed for a rainy day.Got round not using up my £2.30's(which was what the software wanted to use first) by buying to any mtt's with a buy-in less than the value of 1 token with a start time a good way off & seeing which token was used then de-reg'd(getting the tokens back) the mtt's that took the short use tokens & reg'd for what i wanted to use them for.Finally de-reging all the other mtt's to regain the tokens i wanted to keep.
    Simples lol.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Question about tournament tokens:
    It does highlight an issue and I see your dilemma With the rewards tokens being saveable, I did just what you are planning to do and I was lucky in that the first £5.00 tokens came the very week I was entering a main. Other promotional tokens tend to have have 1 week expiries, presumably as many of them are aimed at attracting new or returning players and they want to keep them on the site. It does mean that you are forced to lose value which doesn't seem fair. I imagine it would require more tweaking under the hood to allow tokens to be part used and given change. It can be done on other parts of the SB&G network. I doubt it would be a "high priority" fix though.  In the bigger scheme of things losing part of something given for free isn't the worse thing that can happen.
    Posted by Phantom66
    I got 2 £2.50 tokens thank's to my free entry into semi & had a couple of £2.30 ones stashed for a rainy day.Got round not using up my £2.30's(which was what the software wanted to use first) by buying to any mtt's with a buy-in less than the value of 1 token with a start time a good way off & seeing which token was used then de-reg'd(getting the tokens back) the mtt's that took the short use tokens & reg'd for what i wanted to use them for.Finally de-reging all the other mtt's to regain the tokens i wanted to keep.
    Simples lol.
  • edited October 2016
    Nice one belsibub - a cunning plan!

I might need to do that myself next week when I will want to keep the £2.30 and use the MTT tokens.