You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

all in sats

edited October 2016 in Poker Chat
Probably for the attention of Tikay as you respond frequently.

Im probably one of the few players that dislikes overlay in tournaments as eventually it will reduce gaurantees.

One thing i dont understand is the way all in sats are run. More often than not they dont fill enough to reach the buy in for the tourney and are having to be subsidised.

Why dont sky, instead of having say 3 all in sats 5-10 minutes after each other you have one all in sat that stays open until it is full with one entry in and then spawn continiously all the way until the end of late reg?

At least that way you have more chance of reaching a gauruntee in bigger events and no overlay in all in sats. It also gives punters like me more gamble.

Comments

• edited October 2016
    There will be tears in the midlands if the all in sats are tinkered with.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to all in sats:
    Probably for the attention of Tikay as you respond frequently. 
    Posted by mewillows
    Hi, I would like to think I reply to all reasonable questions. We should not post on forums on behalf of a business if we are not prepared to respond to reasonable questions and replies.

Except, of course, when we are on a mini jolly, which is my current situation, cruising and gawping at the wonders of nature.

I get back home late tonight, and will reply tomorrow morning.

Have a great day at the tables.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: all in sats:
    In Response to all in sats : Hi, I would like to think I reply to all reasonable questions. We should not post on forums on behalf of a business if we are not prepared to respond to reasonable questions and replies. Except, of course, when we are on a mini jolly, which is my current situation, cruising and gawping at the wonders of nature. I get back home late tonight, and will reply tomorrow morning. Have a great day at the tables.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Have fun there. Keep an eye out for the Norwegian Blue. Beautiful plumage:-)
  • edited October 2016
    I also do not like overlay in tournements for the reason mewillows states.  However I only reg for all-in sats if I hink they will run with overlay and therefore +ev.  If they were to be essentially sng all-ins then I wd not reg.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to all in sats:
    Probably for the attention of Tikay as you respond frequently. Im probably one of the few players that dislikes overlay in tournaments as eventually it will reduce gaurantees. One thing i dont understand is the way all in sats are run. More often than not they dont fill enough to reach the buy in for the tourney and are having to be subsidised. Why dont sky, instead of having say 3 all in sats 5-10 minutes after each other you have one all in sat that stays open until it is full with one entry in and then spawn continiously all the way until the end of late reg? At least that way you have more chance of reaching a gauruntee in bigger events and no overlay in all in sats. It also gives punters like me more gamble.
    Posted by mewillows
    Hi again.

I would think all sensible players realise that Overlay is not the thing of beauty many paint it to be.

I'll pass your idea Upstairs, but I actually suspect the current methodology is based on the logic of trying to ensure everyone gets a shot at playing the bigger events here, & if that costs a bit of money from time to time, so be it.

It's difficult, & important to keep ALL players as happy as possible, & of course, as you know, the bulk of the player base here & elsewhere is comprised of those with fairly limited budgets. These guys need to be looked after.

• edited October 2016
    In Response to all in sats : Hi again. I would think all sensible players realise that Overlay is not the thing of beauty many paint it to be. I'll pass your idea Upstairs, but I actually suspect the current methodology is based on the logic of trying to ensure everyone gets a shot at playing the bigger events here, & if that costs a bit of money from time to time, so be it.   It's difficult, & important to keep ALL players as happy as possible, & of course, as you know, the bulk of the player base here & elsewhere is comprised of those with fairly limited budgets. These guys need to be looked after.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Hi tikay,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

This is still for everyone to get a chance to play but it means that all in satsuma can run right up to the end of late reg as long as they fill and so would give more people the chance of playing bigger buy ins.

I remember the old 220 buy in 8k gtd. £9 to enter and 25 would be in sat and it wouldn't open unless it was full.

I'm sure you'd get more players playing if you did all in satsuma to auto spawn when current one was full tight up to end of late reg.

I would also like to see all in sats for 220 buy in, say £9 a head so 1 in 25 gets a seat.

Thanks 

• edited October 2016
    In Response to all in sats : Hi again. I would think all sensible players realise that Overlay is not the thing of beauty many paint it to be. I'll pass your idea Upstairs, but I actually suspect the current methodology is based on the logic of trying to ensure everyone gets a shot at playing the bigger events here, & if that costs a bit of money from time to time, so be it.   It's difficult, & important to keep ALL players as happy as possible, & of course, as you know, the bulk of the player base here & elsewhere is comprised of those with fairly limited budgets. These guys need to be looked after.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Good post & I agree....however, I have noticed a vast decrease in 'all in' sats over the last few weeks. For example, there are now only 3 AIPF sats to the Roller on Sunday. There used to be 3/4/5 times more. Whether by fault or design I don't know. Without getting the forum police jumping up and down, I would also state that these are sometimes won by players already qualified, which defeats the idea behind them, imo.

I like the idea drafted by Mr Willows (there you go Jamie, respect on a forum) and would hope that the satellite trees can be looked at after the new schedule has bedded in.