You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Payout Structures

edited October 2016 in Poker Chat
I only play tournaments on I-Pad these days but once the table has loaded as far i can tell you cant see payout structures.
Is there a set format depending on the amount of players in the tourney on how many players get paid ?

Comments

• edited October 2016

Hi Alfie,

Broadly speaking, 10% in all Bounty Hunters, and 15% in most freezeouts and rebuys.

Hope that answers your question.

• edited October 2016
    Thanks Tikay.  Just gotta do the maths now . I can just just about do the 10%. Haha 

• edited October 2016
    Pretty annoying playing this avenger rebuy tournament, only making 1 rebuy and addon and making a loss if you just cash.

Far worse a feeling making several rebuys and cashing this i can imagine.You would probably need to make the top 15 out of nearly 400 players to profit which is a joke.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Payout Structures:
    Pretty annoying playing this avenger rebuy tournament, only making 1 rebuy and addon and making a loss if you just cash. Far worse a feeling making several rebuys and cashing this i can imagine.You would probably need to make the top 15 out of nearly 400 players to profit which is a joke.
    Posted by Arrogant
    Be even more annoying if you finished in the top 15% but outside the Top 10% under the old system, as you'd get zilch, surely?

It's as long as it's broad really, more get paid less or less get paid more. 

The belief is that spreading the payouts wider is what the majority prefer, but it's never going to please everyone, & I do get your point.   
  • edited October 2016
    A mixed bag here, 
    Yes the app is behind others in the field in a few ways. It does not allow you to check a few things you might want to check, like how many get paid, how much they get paid, and what the relative chipstacks are. It also only allows one table table at a time. Having said that it is quite good graphically compared to most and generally is more user friendly.

Tikay said :- It's as long as it's broad really, more get paid less or less get paid more. 
    so true in such a short sentence, but as the payout structure changes so should the tactics. Broadly speaking and this does not do it much justice, but the longer and less front loaded the payout structure the tighter you should play, and the lower the value of a re-buy is and even not re-buy at all.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Payout Structures:
    In Response to Re: Payout Structures : Be even more annoying if you finished in the top 15% but outside the Top 10% under the old system, as you'd get zilch, surely? It's as long as it's broad really, more get paid less or less get paid more.  The belief is that spreading the payouts wider is what the majority prefer, but it's never going to please everyone, & I do get your point.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    This is one of the reasons I, (as a small stakes player) don't play Rebuy tourneys. The fact that you almost have to Rebuy once and should always have the Add-on (coz its better value than the rebuy), the tourney becomes a pretty expensive buy-in. Probably the reason why these tourneys aren't as well supported as the Bounty Hunters.
     I didn't even enter the Freeroll tourneys for the UKOPS rebuy tourney.....just in case I was successful. £55 for a rebuy is way beyond my Bankroll, never mind the Add on. 
    Everyone to their own....as they say.
  • edited October 2016
    personally, i dont see this fascination with wanting to pay the top 15%/20%/30%/55% of the field. This is not live poker. I dont want to min cash for less than i bought in for. just my opinion. 10%-15% tops