You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Problems with find a player

edited November 2016 in Poker Chat
For the past few days there has been problems with find a player. If you type who ever you are looking for it just says loading.... even though you know full well that they are playing poker on the site. This is causing problems for our Ryder Cup players. :(

Anyway it could be sorted out.

Comments

• edited October 2016
    I had issues with this last night and with HH at the same time. Is fine today for me
  • edited October 2016
    Hope it will be fine for you later tonight Matt when you run deep in your tourneys. :)

It seems to be hit and miss. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.
  • edited October 2016
    No need to search for me anymore Darkangel, you will find me at the plo8 dyms :).

Ger
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Problems with find a player:
    Hope it will be fine for you later tonight Matt when you run deep in your tourneys. :) It seems to be hit and miss. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.
    Posted by Darkangel7
    I've found exactly the same today......very Hit & Miss trying to watch My Team and WILL(HANSON) in the Early semi for the ROLLER. 
    At least all the results were POSITIVE. 

WELL DONE Will and 'The South'
  • edited October 2016
    The search option has been like that for years guys.
  • edited October 2016
    Does anyone know why find a player isn't working?  
  • edited October 2016
    Does anyone know why find a player isn't working?  
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Hi Donna,

The Business are aware, as they had several complaints over the weekend, & these were passed across to Team Tech.

It's a bit odd this, it's either intermittent, or user dependant. "Intermittent" glitches are, of course, the hardest to fix. Note that Ger states "it's been like this for years", while chilly willy says "no it has not". And it works perfectly for me, & not for you. And that is why some of these foibles are such a pain to sort.

I just tested it (on the Browser version) & looked up "comi27" who is currently playing cash, & it worked perfectly, I did it again with "free_bet", who is on a Spin Up table, & that worked fine, too.

I'm not suggesting you are wrong, by the way, just that either it is User Dependant, or intermittent. And, possibly, works on browser & not download perhaps.

EDIT - I just tested it on the Download, & - for me - it's working perfectly.  I'm not in the Office on some fancy hard-wired intranet, I'm at home on wifi, & I tested it on my 6 or 7 year old Company Lappie & my 9 year old steam driven personal lapppie, worked fine on both, & on Browser & Download. I use IE on my Company Lappie, & Chrome on my personal lappie.
  • edited October 2016
    I have problems with find a player - sometimes lol.  Usually if I clear cookies on the browser history it then resets and allows me to use it - but last night when trying to play the Ryder Cup HU games it just wouldn't play ball at all :(  I reset everything - even logged in and out of Sky during the 5 mins break and still couldnt' get it to work.  It just kept saying "loading" and then time out message on my search.  Had the same problems trying to go to My Tables.
  • edited October 2016
    same problem here never had any trouble before but its been hit and miss the last few days
  • edited October 2016
    Well would have thought your brief would keep you from being less chilli. Lol
  • edited October 2016
    Well would have thought your brief would keep you from being less chilli. Lol
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Love this post Angel........ xxx

Find a Player has always been fine in the past.....but as others are saying, it definitely hasn't been working properly for the last week or so. As Captain of 'the Saarrrrffff' who are going to win the North v South StayorGo Ryder Cup, it's very difficult to find and support my players in their matches. Last night whilst looking for Mattprawn and StayorGo the lobby kept saying Loading..... but didnt. As soon as I looked for Roseeeee(Irishrose) her tables came up straightaway. As you said, intermittent......but a bit annoying.
    On the other hand, Sky provide a great service with this option, and with the Rewards benefits and tournament tokens too, both of which I used to good effect last night when I qualified for UKOPS 11 Bounty Hunter from a £5.20 sat. using my tourney token and £3 REWARDS prize......So £110 seat for free. Many Thanks SKY
  • edited October 2016
    It's now double posting MTT's that people are in.
  • edited October 2016
    Just to be more clear, I have found most of the time it works, but it goes down intermitantly and has done for years.
    I have never tried deleting cookies however so maybe rose is on to something.

Ger
  • edited October 2016
    It's now double posting MTT's that people are in.
    Posted by Darkangel7
    I think this might be coz there seems to be double points for MTT entry. Same thing happened when S&G's were double and triple points
  • edited October 2016
    hasnt workrd for me for months my tables too dont work
  • edited October 2016
    As this post now has an official scrutiny stamp, heres my bit.

The search player hasnt worked for me for years , in the browser.

I checked again this morning and it still doesnt work.

EDIT
    , did a quick video on my way to work, bit ropey, but search not working live.

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Problems with find a player : I think this might be coz there seems to be double points for MTT entry. Same thing happened when S&G's were double and triple points
    Posted by MISTY4ME
    There are Double Points on all MTT's Tuesday to Thursday each week in October.

See HERE

• edited October 2016

Morning all.

Please see my post 0841 yesterday morning, in which I replied as fully as I am able, tried to address all questions, & explained that The Business are aware.