You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

8.30 Mega Stacks AKA the sleepstacks

edited October 2016 in Poker Chat
I see from various posts and from searching for these over the last couple of weeks that they have been removed due to the recent changes to the tournaments on Sky.

The reasoning given is that they were not making their guarantees which I was not aware of but it is a reasonable financial excuse.

These were very popular amongst some of the more experienced players on here and I for one did not play for the money (was nice) but because the stack size was 10000 it gave a lot of wriggle room in your play. With the normal tourneys you have 2000/3000 chips which when you make an error or sky makes an error for you your come back options are limited generally to a shove option. The 10k stack allowed for some slip ups and rewarded solid play allowing people to settle in judge their opponents and make some plays. The 10k stack is now also a popular live starting stack (which although live is a much slower game) it gives good practice for bigger live tournaments.

Can these tournies on Mon Wed and Fri (Mon and Friday because a lot of regs playing the offordable and the dtd series also like to have the mega a an accompaniment) be brought back into the schedule.

Either

a with a reduced/no guarantee
b as a password tourney like the tpt ths ones used to/still are.

The only change I may suggest to attract more runners is that you start them earlier on a Monday/Wednesday as they do take time and a late finish on a school night may have put people off them.

Cheers Tim

Comments