You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Guarantee Changes - tonight ONLY

edited October 2016 in Poker Chat

With the biggest football match of the season so far taking place this evening (Liverpool v Man U, in case you have not been paying attention), several MTT Guarantees have been reduced for tonight only.

The main ones reduced are...

MARKSMAN Main Event, (£33 Bounty Hunter), reduced to £8,000

MINI MARKSMAN, (£5.50 Bounty Hunter) reduced to £2,000.

A bit unfortunate, but traffic is bound to be affected tonight.

On the plus side, in a few weeks time, Leeds Utd may be featured as the Monday Night televised game. Guarantees might well be raised that night.  

Comments

• edited October 2016

Note also, though for different reasons, the Sky High Roller satellites scheduled for this evening have been withdrawn. It is unlikely these will resume in the near future, instead they will just feature on Tuesday's only.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Guarantee Changes - tonight ONLY:
    Note also, though for different reasons, the Sky High Roller satellites scheduled for this evening have been withdrawn. It is unlikely these will resume in the near future, instead they will just feature on Tuesday's only.
    Posted by Tikay10[/QUOTE

Well that answers my question (were are the sats for tuesdays high roller)

I find that a tad annoying just have sats for this game running on a tuesday only if i dont make it home from work early enough then ive not much chance .

Im going to ask the question tikay why have they removed them? i know you might not give me the answer.

• edited October 2016

^^^^

Hi Neil,

You should know me better than that. Unless the question is rude, sarcy, or contains "????", I don't swerve questions here.

The Monday evening satellites to Tuesday's Sky High Roller have been removed as not enough people were playing them, & they were costing a fortune in overlay.

A shame really, but that's the deal.
  • edited October 2016
    ^^^^ Hi Neil, You should know me better than that. Unless the question is rude, sarcy, or contains "????", I don't swerve questions here. The Monday evening satellites to Tuesday's Sky High Roller have been removed as not enough people were playing them, & they were costing a fortune in overlay. A shame really, but that's the deal.
    Posted by Tikay10
    thanks for the swift replay tikay,and as you say it is a bit of a shame...
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Guarantee Changes - tonight ONLY:
    On the plus side, in a few weeks time, Leeds Utd may be featured as the Monday Night televised game. Guarantees might well be raised that night.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Oi!

Although if we're playing Villa on Sky, you might have a point.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Guarantee Changes - tonight ONLY:
    With the biggest football match of the season so far taking place this evening (Liverpool v Man U, in case you have not been paying attention), several MTT Guarantees have been reduced for tonight only. The main ones reduced are... MARKSMAN Main Event , (£33 Bounty Hunter), reduced to £8,000 MINI MARKSMAN, (£5.50 Bounty Hunter) reduced to £2,000.   A bit unfortunate, but traffic is bound to be affected tonight. On the plus side, in a few weeks time, Leeds Utd may be featured as the Monday Night televised game. Guarantees might well be raised that night.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    lol Cheeky 
  • edited October 2016

I now have a date for when Leeds Utd will feature on Monday Night football, their first match back in the Premier League. It'll be in 2095, apparently.
  • edited October 2016

Just a PS to this reduced Guarantee thing last night.

The Main ended up with 288 entrants, so beat the reduced Guarantee, but would have missed the original Guarantee by a goodly distance. Ditto the Mini, which got 419, it covered the reduced number, but missed the scheduled Guarantee by a long, long, way.

It could be argued, I suppose, that a reduced Guarantee was part of the reason numbers were lower than usual, but I would not buy that argument at all.

Meanwhile, of course, over at Sky Bet, it was quite the opposite, it was a huge night for them.  Such is the beauty of the SB&G business model. A 0-0 draw may not have been the worst result for Sky Bet, either.....

• edited October 2016

One more anecdote about the new MTT Schedule & Guarantees.

After the first few days, some of the Guarantees were slashed, & other MTT's cancelled.

I thought this was a bad idea, too much, too soon, & so in my wisdom, I wrote to James & Sam & implored them to give the schedule more time to bed in.

I've no idea if they took any notice of me, but if they did, I helped cost The Business a LOT of money, as it all added up quite quickly in the first few weeks.

It's not a disaster by any means, & the MTT traffic has improved significantly, but not yet by enough to cover some of the more ambitious Guarantees. 

So they were right, & I was wrong. Marv.

So I applaud their nimble-footed decision to be pro-active last night. Well done them. But I am warning them, one day I will get something right. I will.    

• edited October 2016
    I now have a date for when Leeds Utd will feature on Monday Night football, their first match back in the Premier League. It'll be in 2095, apparently.
    Posted by Tikay10
    If Leeds were to make it back, how many managers will Leeds have had between stints in the premier league?
  • edited October 2016

^^^^

Sky Bet go 712. I'm on the overs.

Did you know that Leeds United employ an official "Elland Road Tour Guide". That must be a fun day.

"Here's the Trophy Cabinet, but we can't open it as we lost the key 20 years ago. "