You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Dave Colclough, aka el blondie

edited October 2016 in Poker Chat

Ghastly news this morning that Dave has passed away. He was just 52.

He had been living in the Philippines, & was flown home recently for treatment, but to no avail. 

He was a giant in poker's formative years, an icon of poker & we shall never see his like again.

I'll write some more on this later, he deserves nothing less. 

RIP Dave.  

Comments

• edited October 2016
    That's a real shame, he was one of the originals I watched on TV and came across as a really nice, genuine guy.

I think that poker's origins in smoke filled rooms often combined with heavy drinking has led to a few meeting an early grave.

RIP El Blondie
  • edited October 2016

Oh my that's very sad.

2016 has been a horrid year for losing people :/

• edited October 2016
    I once played at the Loose Cannon in London and after busting out of the tournament I got chatting to the gentleman who ran the place (his name escapes me) and after a while I went to ask him who he thought the best poker player in England was. I got as far as " So who do you think..." and before i could finish my sentance he said "Dave Colclough." The Big Game in the sky just got a lot tougher.
  • edited October 2016

Just plain awful news.  Dave did a great deal in poker when it came to making it for everyone.  One of the best.

• edited October 2016
    RIP sir , always stuck in my mind always remember him during pokers formative years on the telly , good guy will be missed , jeeze no age :(
  • edited October 2016
    :( R.i.p No age to go. Thoughts are with his family and friends at this sad time.
  • edited October 2016
    Sad to hear that, I recall you posting another time that Dave was unwell. If you can lose money together and still stay friends that says alot, 

He was a stand out player for me watching early LNP, partly because he was a computer programmer as was I at the time, but he seemed to just get the job done effeciently, quietly and politely.