You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

new payout structure query

1st £2459.20
2nd £1438.40
3rd £821.28
4th £631.04
5th £538.24
6th £445.44
7th £334.08
8th £222.72
9th £157.76
10th

Got to the ft of the main on saturday and had time staring at the payouts for the ft. I feel there has been a minor error somewhere and i'd like tikay or someone that understands poker to look at it.

the problem i believe exists withthe jumps 7-8 7-6 6-5 and 5-4
7-8 = £111
7-6 = £111
6-5 = £93
5-4 = £93

the jumps should be increasing all the way up through and into ft.

£120.64

Comments

• edited October 2016

Good morning aiken.

Before I (try to) answer that, I must tell you that I awoke this morning not exactly feeling great. Nothing to worry about, but at my age, we don't always feel tip top first thing in the morning.

When I read your post I was not sure whether to laugh or cry. 

In the end, I decided it would make the Sam & James deliriously happy when they saw your delicious tikay put down. As put downs go, it was well-executed, & suitably subtle.

".....i'd like tikay or someone that understands poker to look at it...."

I'm hurting here, you know. But laughing too.

WP, WP.  

• edited October 2016

Now, to your question.

I'm not sure it was wrong, to be honest.

Really, the pay jumps are subjective. The payout structure used in this case is quite common across the industry. Some do it this way, some do it a different way. Neither are necessarily wrong.

It's also a function of maths. Bear in mind, payout structures have a number of variables - buy-in, number of runners, type of tournament, % of field paid etc. Each variable adjusts the maths.

Let's assume for a  moment we have a 100 runner MTT, paying 15% of the field. The %'s paid to each position would look like this. 

1st 28.5%

2nd 16.5%

3rd 10%

4th 8%

5th 6.9%

6th 5.9%

7th 4.9%

8th 3.4%

9th 2.7%

10th 2.2%

11th 2.2%

12th 2.2%

13th 2.2%

14th 2.2%

15th 2.2%

From that we can see the pay jumps in the 8th to 4th places are.....

1.5%

1%

1%

1.1%

The point is, I don't believe we can say these you are "wrong", nor are those payouts, it's a subjective thing as to how the %'s are apportioned. The % payouts on Sky Poker are very similar - identical in some cases - to many others across the industry, Live & Online.

Alternatively, of course, I could get someone who understands poker to reply. ;)

PS - very well done on making the final, & have a great weekend.  

• edited October 2016
    Firstly my apologies there should have been an else in my initial statement ie Tikay or someone else who understands poker. Still does not sound quite right :)

still think the jump 7-8 is wrong but if you have looked at it and can see no wrong i'll stand corrected.