You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

staking

edited October 2016 in Poker Chat
i have played on here for years i just wonderd does anybody do staking

Comments

• edited October 2016
    medium rare for me please

• edited October 2016
    In Response to staking:
    Posted by mousesteam
    Hi mouse,

I'm sure there are a few here who are staked, or who stake others, but we don't generally allow staking discussions on the Forum, & we don't really want it to become a Staking Board. 
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to staking:
    Posted by mousesteam
    FYI - Sky usually lock these threads, probably because it's a lose-lose situation for them to allow them to run. As soon as anyone doesn't get their money back as expected or whatever, people will invariably blame the site for allowing someone to open a thread like this, take their money to play with, and not pay back. That's not to suggest you would do that, but Sky have far, far more to lose than they have to gain by allowing these kinds of threads. Wouldn't surprise me if allowing staking discussion/enquiries goes against the responsible gambling stuff that they have to abide by, too.

To answer your question: Yes and no.

People do stake other players on Sky, although because of the the lack of tracking software on Sky (i.e. Pokertracker 4, Hold'em Manager 2) that can track profit/loss and allow hand history to be exported to backers, you'll find that staking is often limited to buying and selling percentages of tournament packages, because checking a handful of pre-selected MTT lobbies to verify cashes and how much money is owed, is pretty simple to do.

You'll find it much more difficult to find any kind of long term staking on here though - Tracking software is generally a pretty big deal for backers, as it allows them to look through their horse's hand history, assess whether they're a winning player, areas for improvement, and provide coaching if they so wish. Many long term backers will want to provide that kind of service, because they want their horse to improve over time and make them more money, so you'll have a tough time getting backed for anything more than a handful of tournaments on a site without tracking software.

If you're looking to sell a percentage of your action in some MTTs, look for the "Friends of Sky Poker" Facebook page (basically the unofficial community Facebook page), and the related "FOSP staking" page. If you're looking for something more long term, you're more than welcome to try the FOSP staking page still, but don't be surprised if nobody is interested for the reasons above, although people may still be able to point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps :)
  • edited October 2016

That's a great reply by Evil Pringle.

The first paragraph exactly encapsulates Sky Poker's position. Staking is not something they will ever want to see on their forum, for all the reasons Evil explained.

The thread will remain open for the time being, but if anyone wants to use the forum for staking purposes, it ain't gonna happen I'm afraid.

As to Mr Mouse, be aware that these days, if you want to be staked, you are going to need to show that you are a profitable player over a decent sample. If you can't do that, my advice would be not to bother pursuing the idea further. It will only end badly if you do.
  • edited October 2016
    ty very much for all of your advice helps alot