You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Postcard from Punta Cana - Day 1

edited October 2016 in Poker Chat

Good morning all. (It's morning here).

Here's the first blog from Punta Cana, where we get to meet the divine Devine's, have a little geography lesson, & learn the secret to winning a satellite.

PS - At present (10am) it is absolutely cascading with rain. Tough gig this.

The Blog is HERE

Any & all comments appreciated.

Comments

• edited October 2016
    Great write up as usual Tikay - look forward to the daily updates.  

Say hi to the rabble for me and remind them all that I'm looking forward to the mass of seashells they'll be bringing back through customs.....
  • edited October 2016
    As I posted this on the wrong thread. I will post again here.

Great Blog to start us off TK.

All the very best to the guys, especially, Danny, Chris, James, and of course now the devine's too. Plus anyone else I know (Sorry not sure of the full list, but I know we have a lot of great players out there!)

GL TO ALL SKY PLAYERS, SOME OF WHICH ARE GOOD FRIENDS. #SKY_PLAYER_TID
  • edited October 2016

Think this is the full list, Graham, though I think a few of the Guests will play as well. I know of at least 3 guests who will be playing. There's also a little Omaha jobbie later in the week, which, if I can get a pass from the boss, I might just play myself.   

Tatopagoa

24caliber

nickd4993

SaJeR

dameflop

CxE1

spocococ

Alvez11

Ludacris

FeelGroggy

LiveSnail

IHadTrips7

JMcririck

Nutter5932

watsmang

junior10

DramaLama

InsWinHere

SHANXTA

gonedoggin

nmongoosez

JokerPkr

lyonsbob06

gaben

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Postcard from Punta Cana - Day 1:
    Think this is the full list, Graham, though I think a few of the Guests will play as well. I know of at least 3 guests who will be playing. There's also a little Omaha jobbie later in the week, which, if I can get a pass from the boss, I might just play myself.     Tatopagoa 24caliber nickd4993 SaJeR dameflop CxE1 spocococ Alvez11   Ludacris FeelGroggy LiveSnail IHadTrips7 JMcririck 121285 Nutter5932 watsmang junior10 DramaLama InsWinHere SHANXTA gonedoggin nmongoosez JokerPkr lyonsbob06 gaben
    Posted by Tikay10

Best of luck with the PLO TK.

I know rspca12 (dog bloke as you call him) is out there as a guest.

So GL him.

Cheers,

G

P.S. Would love to exclaim, but too frightened of TK's reaction, if I use excessive punctuation.
  • edited October 2016
    Great write up as usual Tikay - look forward to the daily updates.   Say hi to the rabble for me and remind them all that I'm looking forward to the mass of seashells they'll be bringing back through customs.....
    Posted by IrishRose
    May not be allowed-may be a case of:-(groan)

She sells seashells on the sea shore

GL to all Sky players
  • edited October 2016
    Good luck everyone - run golden!

Great write up Tikay, just wish we were there with you again to see the thin swans :)
  • edited October 2016
    Good luck everyone - run golden! Great write up Tikay, just wish we were there with you again to see the thin swans :)
    Posted by bromley04

I hope TK's clothes turned up OK this time.

I believe you had to lend him some last year Adam :=)
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Postcard from Punta Cana - Day 1 : Best of luck with the PLO TK. I know rspca12 (dog bloke as you call him) is out there as a guest. So GL him. Cheers, G P.S. Would love to exclaim, but too frightened of TK's reaction, if I use excessive punctuation.
    Posted by StayOrGo
    I'm fine when they are used properly, Graham. However, "properly" is rarely more than once per 10,000 words. Sticking one behind every other sentence is what offends. Using them in multiples, well don't even get me started.

On a recent thread, completely unrelated to the thread, a new poster wrote this. This was the entire post, no more, no less.

"You can't even type-proof your message !!!!! ????"

I mean, where do you start & end in replying to that?

A proof reader would burst a blood vessel if he or she were forced to read that. What exactly does 4 exclamation marks followed by 4 question marks mean?

I can but imagine that the extreme irony of that post would be lost on the author.
  • edited October 2016
    Good luck everyone - run golden! Great write up Tikay, just wish we were there with you again to see the thin swans :)
    Posted by bromley04
    I fear that unless the reader has a basic knowledge of bird life, (unlike Natterley), that joke will be lost.

Young Natterley, whilst in Punta Cana last year, excitedly told us that she had seen some "thin swans". 

We were a tad puzzled by this, until she suddenly said - "look, there they are", whilst pointing at some........Egrets.  

• edited October 2016
    Hi Tony,
    I take it you have not had to find imaginative ways to re-use the undergarments and your luggage arrived with you.
    Enjoyable read as always, Will you be back for the big PLO UKOPS event?
    Good luck to all the Sky players and I hope you enjoy your self as well ( although I know you will be working hard to make sure the others enjoy it as well)
    Nick
  • edited October 2016
    Hi Tony, I take it you have not had to find imaginative ways to re-use the undergarments and your luggage arrived with you. Enjoyable read as always, Will you be back for the big PLO UKOPS event? Good luck to all the Sky players and I hope you enjoy your self as well ( although I know you will be working hard to make sure the others enjoy it as well) Nick
    Posted by pompeynic
    Thanks Nick.

I'm pleased to say my luggage arrived the same day as I did, so I'm wearing my own knickers this year. I really was very grateful to Adam Bromley for the loan of his underwear, but, not to sound ungrateful, pink with frilly lace trimming is not really my thing.

I should be back in time for the UKOPS PLO, yes.

How is the PLO8 DYM traffic this week?  Was the best ever last week, with £11 & £16.50 games galore, as many as 12 or 15 per night.

Hope you are running well mate.