You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I am having connection problems with skypoker, can anybody advise?

edited October 2016 in Priority
Hello

I am sometimes having problems when my connection to sky poker tables drops. Last night it happened 4 times, each for about 15 seconds when all the tables froze (I was playing 4/5 tables). I was autosat out, forutnately I was not involved in any big pots at the time apart from one where I auto checked back river with the best hand which was no big deal.

Im not blaming sky (it is almost for sure something at my end) but I am wondering is there anything I can do to prevent this in the future?

IIRC there is a client you can download for skypoker, might that be less likely to drop?

Would appreciate any advice as I am not much of a computer geek.

Cheers

EDIT: I see I still managed to win the points race last night, so I snagged a tablet. Thanks Sky!

Comments

• edited October 2016
    hi It is probably best not to bother with the download client, as the are having issues with adobe. They say they are near a solution, so consider it then.
    When it was working ok I preferred it to the browser as it seems to adapt better and fewer snags I found than the browser, though others like the browser. Connection issues are unforunately a problem with the internet and there is little to be done. When there is a fault it could be your machine. it could be Sky's servers or their software, it could be your ISP (internet service provider) and it could be the network servers that you are routing through. If you are having a bad night, then you could try disconnecting your internet, then reconnecting it, as this now may connect via a better route. if this does not work then try rebooting your pc. If this not work you could always read a book watch a film etc. Sorry the internet has bad days occasionally.
    Congratulations on your tablet