You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Whats people's opinions on regs playing satellites when the've already qualified for the event?

2»

Comments

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Whats people's opinions on regs playing satellites when the've already qualified for the event?:
    In Response to Re: Whats people's opinions on regs playing satellites when the've already qualified for the event? : The point has been made that sats wouldn't run without the regs playing for cash so not sure of the relevance 
    Posted by MattBates

The only answer for that is....

MAXALLY220001Entry to UKOPS 12 | £5,000 Bounty Hunter + As you have already registered/qualified for this event you have been awarded the cash equivalent of £22, which is equal to the Buy-in and Fee.

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Whats people's opinions on regs playing satellites when the've already qualified for the event?:
    In Response to Re: Whats people's opinions on regs playing satellites when the've already qualified for the event? : The only answer for that is.... MAXALLY 22000 1 Entry to UKOPS 12 | £5,000 Bounty Hunter + As you have already registered/qualified for this event you have been awarded the cash equivalent of £22, which is equal to the Buy-in and Fee.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    wpwp

• edited October 2016
    I would consider myself to be a rec. (Definitely was after a night out in Truro last night!) player, but I will always try and win extra cash by playing in sats. if I have already qualified for a major tourney, coz it provides me with extra money to play more sats. if I'm successful.
    Last week I was fortunate enough to win a Fun Forum comp. with which I played the 'ICEMAN' Freezeout tourney. I also managed to sat. into the tourney thru the 6pm semi so won £33. I've used this money unsuccessfully today, trying to qualify for tonight's UKOPS 25K Main event, which I had already qualified for too. So I've provided at least one extra seat for someone to play in an event which, had I not been allowed to enter, wouldn't have been available.

Certainly last year with the UKPC sats., if those that had already qualified, not been allowed to play the sats., most of them wouldn't have gone ahead at all. 
    I also enjoy playing with likes of TommyD, MattBates, Feelgroggy, DogBloke, GSmith13, ChicknMelt  and the others, and watching and learning...

• edited October 2016
    I am a rec.

I hardly play sats.

I can see why they are +ev for regs, but then by definition the regs are playing +ev poker. Funny that the better players win more games.

I can see why recs might feel aggrieved if they do not qualify and a reg wins cash as they have already qualified, however I do not blame regs for doing so, or feel aggrieved myself. If the regs didnt play they wouldnt run or would definitely offer far fewer seats,

Sats can be +ev for recs when there is overlay. I entered a PLO UKOPs semi which had 5 seats and only 10 entrants. I won a seat and then qualified for the next semi (via 65p all-in sat) which had 3 seats and 11 entrants but still overlay. I won another "seat" and pocketed £55 cash. I was pretty happy at that point. I think it was my 2nd all-in sat so for £12.30 I have qualified for a £55 tournament and I am already £42.70 in profit :)

As with any form of poker, keep track of your own results to see if they are +EV. If they are not then find the games that suit you better and work on your own game to improve.

• edited October 2016
    pay ure money play any game u want      simples
  • edited October 2016
    pay ure money play any game u want      simples
    Posted by CATCH-22

Is the correct answer.
  • edited October 2016
    what is this cashing you all mention?
  • edited October 2016
    what is this cashing you all mention?
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    If you qualify for a tournament or buy in to it, if you enter a satellite tournament targetting the one you have bought into/qualified for..... you get the cash equivalent of the tournament entry if you manage to qualify again