You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A few questions for Sky about tokens

edited November 2016 in Poker Chat
The rewards tokens scheme is great and it is even better since they became valid for a few months.

However, there are still issues.

Tonight I had 3 tokens in my account 2x£2.75 with a short expiry and a £2.30 token valid until January.

I entered a £5.50 dym and all 3 tokens got used. 

I would have thought that the 2*£2.75 tokens would have been used to match the exact buy in. 

I assume the logic is flawed in the code and instead of looking for an exact match it starts allocating tokens until it matches or exceeds the buy-in and for some reason allocated the £2.30 token first then had to allocate both of the £2.75s.

This is a bit frustrating for me personally as I am actively trying to save tokens up for bigger tournament entries.

I should add that I contacted customer care and without fuss I was credited with £2.30.

Three possible solutions:

1. Could the logic be looked at so that any combination that matches the buy-in is used?
2. Could it be changed so that you can select which tokens you want to use on an entry?
3. Could you be given a token as change if your token values exceed the buy-in?

Also

4. Could it be changed so that all poker tokens are valid for months not just the reward ones? 

Comments

• edited October 2016
    when you contacted CS, how cool was thier on-hold music ?
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: A few questions for Sky about tokens:
    when you contacted CS, how cool was thier on-hold music ?
    Posted by mumsie
    I used live chat mumsie.
  • edited October 2016
    last week I got two £5 tokens to use from the MISSION promo. So this week when i was awarded £20 in tokens I decided to use one token for a £4.80 satellite  entry. I was horrified when I later checked my account and saw I only had £10 left ........I hadn't realised that they were £10 tokens. So I definitely agree it would be good to be able to choose which amount token you want to use.
    Great Promo though SKY.....Thank You
  • edited November 2016

Hi POTO.

I did forward this to the Office at the time, & that's about all I can do.

A large volume of these Tokens are awarded every week, & have been every week since June of last year.

Generally, the vast majority of users use them straight away, & have found various workarounds to overcome the shortcomings in the process, which are acknowledged.

So I think it unlikely that there will be any major change in the process in the near-term but I will send it back up to the Office again for their further perusal.

Please bear in mind you are probably almost unique amongst Sky Poker users in the manner in which you are "saving these up".  

• edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: A few questions for Sky about tokens:
    Hi POTO. I did forward this to the Office at the time, & that's about all I can do. A large volume of these Tokens are awarded every week, & have been every week since June of last year. Generally, the vast majority of users use them straight away, & have found various workarounds to overcome the shortcomings in the process, which are acknowledged.   So I think it unlikely that there will be any major change in the process in the near-term but I will send it back up to the Office again for their further perusal.   Please bear in mind you are probably almost unique amongst Sky Poker users in the manner in which you are "saving these up".    
    Posted by Tikay10
    "Almost unique" but not wholly unique. Some others have posted on my thread that they are doing the same (notably pomfrittes who pocketed £200+ with them).

I know it's a relatively small issue affecting a small part of the playing pool. I don't expect major s/w tweaks. Not expecting anything unless there just happened to be something that was easy to do with no adverse impact on other players or the sky workload.

More may save them if other tokens (e.g. Mission MTT) had longer expiry dates and it wasn't tricky to avoid spending the "wrong" ones when you have a mixture.