You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MADE PRIORITY FOR FIRST TIME

edited November 2016 in Priority
Hi.

Very happy to say that I have made priority for the first time.

I tend to grind out all MTT's £22+, but until recently, as I rarely play cash or SNG's, that was never enough to get priority.

However due to the following I JUST made it this month (By 4 hours)

1) The new schedule including the £220 Sky High Roller and the £110 BH
2) Points Multiplier on MTT's
3) UKOPS
4) 31 days in October

I would like to think that, going forward, there will be more points multipliers for MTT's, as it does seem just, that as someone who grinds out nearly all £22+ MTT's that there are on Sky, I should indeed reach priority.

Many thanks, I look forward to seeing what priority is all about.

Cheers,

Graham

Comments

• edited October 2016
    In Response to MADE PRIORITY FOR FIRST TIME:
    Hi. Very happy to say that I have made priority for the first time. I tend to grind out all MTT's £22+, but until recently, as I rarely play cash or SNG's, that was never enough to get priority. However due to the following I JUST made it this month (By 4 hours) 1) The new schedule including the £220 Sky High Roller and the £110 BH 2) Points Multiplier on MTT's 3) UKOPS 4) 31 days in October I would like to think that, going forward, there will be more points multipliers for MTT's, as it does seem just, that as someone who grinds out nearly all £22+ MTT's that there are on Sky, I should indeed reach priority. Many thanks, I look forward to seeing what priority is all about. Cheers, Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Congrats Graham, it must be a ton of work to make it playing mostly MTTs. I think almost everyone else who makes priority plays cash or sngs to get enough points. If you don't know exactly what hitting prio means I'll summarise it quickly:

In short, you get 10% RB (in addition to weekly rewards) which should be in the region of £90 for you if you just made it playing MTTs. There is a £1K freeroll and a £2K freeroll MTT every month usually 1st and 3rd Tuesdays or something like that (2nd and 4th??? IDK). Gets about 75 runners and should be right up your street. You should get someone at sky hq to contact if you need help / have a question. You get a few quid on your birthday too as a present. There is some kind of thing where you get your BI to certain mtts back if you bubble it, can't remember the exact details though because I don't play donkaments.

There are also special one off prio event things eg. premiership thingy, the tablet giveaway, exclusive sattys to live stuff, rake races etc. Some months it won't really be relevant (eg. cash game rake races which you will not win if you just play MTTs), some months you might get something very tasty. I would check the priority tab regulalry because some of the promos you have to opt into speficially to qualify.  

I think that is everything, congrats again on making prio.

GG

E.W.
  • edited November 2016
    Well done Graham. Welcome-and thanks for the rail just now.

Suggest you look at playing a few Turbo DYMs if you are a little short at the end of the month-works for me.

Phil
  • edited November 2016
    Congrats Mr Graham sir - like you I also managed to make Priority this month - mainly due to the double MTT points mid weeks and of course the ill fated points rush at the start of the month when I tried for the Punta Cana last chance thingy.

Gl with it - and I'll try to remind you of the priority freerolls when I remember them myself!!  

We "should" get an email through with contact details for priority but I've never automatically had the emails before and had to chase them up. 

Gl on the tables xx
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: MADE PRIORITY FOR FIRST TIME:
    Well done Graham. Welcome-and thanks for the rail just now. Suggest you look at playing a few Turbo DYMs if you are a little short at the end of the month-works for me. Phil
    Posted by Essexphil

Cheers for the tip Phil, and congrats on winning yesterday's UKOPS M/E. :=)
  • edited November 2016
    Congrats Mr Graham sir - like you I also managed to make Priority this month - mainly due to the double MTT points mid weeks and of course the ill fated points rush at the start of the month when I tried for the Punta Cana last chance thingy. Gl with it - and I'll try to remind you of the priority freerolls when I remember them myself!!   We "should" get an email through with contact details for priority but I've never automatically had the emails before and had to chase them up.  Gl on the tables xx
    Posted by IrishRose

Thx Rose,GL to you too.

G
  • edited November 2016
    Yeah i made priority for the first time too,

It's a bit odd that someone playing all of Sky's highest buyin's cant make priority even if they played every day in a normal month.

More points promotions for MTT's or perhaps winning tournaments awards more points than busting (towards priority not weekly bonuses) might be a good idea.

Or what about a point's tournament? 10k(?) point's GTD, £10 buyin, all the tournaments cash rewards are instead points, An interesting thought.

Although I guess at the end of the day MTT grinders just aren't often paying enough rake to justify sky showering them in gifts.
  • edited November 2016
    Actually I have made priority for the first time and for the same reasons as Graham, but where is the welcoming email, and the promised contact, I achieved it over a week ago
  • edited November 2016
    Congrats Mr Graham sir - like you I also managed to make Priority this month - mainly due to the double MTT points mid weeks and of course the ill fated points rush at the start of the month when I tried for the Punta Cana last chance thingy. Gl with it - and I'll try to remind you of the priority freerolls when I remember them myself!!   We "should" get an email through with contact details for priority but I've never automatically had the emails before and had to chase them up.  Gl on the tables xx
    Posted by IrishRose
    Hi Rose, & others.

The Priority Freerolls this month are on the 15th (Mini) & 22nd (Main).

There is a permanent Landing Page which publishes these dates, HERE

Alternatively, I mention them - & all other Prio Promos - on this Forum Board - every month & generally post a reminder, too, or have done for the last 6 months or so. Just keep an eye on this Board & you'll not go far wrong.

Congrats on making Prio, of course.

• edited November 2016

I too have made priority for the first time this month.  Some great Sky promotions and new MTT's made a real difference.

This feels like first day at Big School.  Great to have found some other new boys and girls to meet in the playground.

Look forward to the free rolls later this month.

Cheers

Matt

• edited November 2016
    I also made prio for the first time. :) 

I would like to know how I can access the "dedicated service team" as advertised?
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: MADE PRIORITY FOR FIRST TIME : Thx Rose,GL to you too. G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Well done all for making Priority,and a BIG well done to Phil on your great win...may need to change my notes on you !
     Never given the Priority much thought, but I now intend to play more on Sky poker, less on other sites, so now have a target !
     Good luck all and run well .

• edited November 2016
    I also made prio for the first time. :)  I would like to know how I can access the "dedicated service team" as advertised?
    Posted by Aavistan
    Hi Aavistan,

I have passed this across to the Prio Team.

I imagine they will contact you shortly.

• edited November 2016
    Hi TK/SKY, regarding the post below from your post in Poker Chat:

"In stunning news, Sky Poker have announced that Happy Days will operate in both Cash Games and SNG's for an entire month for a 3 hour period each evening.

This will be from November 7th (next Monday) until December 4th."

This is a great promo for Cash and SNG players, however after such great strides have taken place regarding MTT promo's which have proved effective (look at the numbers for UKOPS for example), it seems disappointing that MTT grinders are not also awarded in this way.

As I and many others above have said in their posts above, we've managed, finally, to qualify for priority for the first time, and seeing as most months we play all £22+ MTT's available on Sky, it does seem just/fair, that we should do so.

Also the Premiership Promo for priority, is once again a great promo, however with the points multipliers now on for SNG's and Cash, MTT grinder are significantly disadvantaged in this too. (As the points are multiplied for this too, I believe)

I have been really pleased with the strides that Sky have taken to retain, even increase their MTT player pool, but if feels like a step back for MTT players to be excluded here.

I love playing on Sky and I really want to stay not go, and these things can tip the balance. Please don't take this as a moan, it's great that Sky do these promo's, and I wouldn't want Sky to stop these for Cash and SNG's, I just think it would be good if the new addition of MTT grinder's to Priority have a chance of staying there, by including MTT's in the Happy Days Promo's.

Cheers,

G

• edited November 2016
    MTT players are able to get bonuses in other ways though. For example, a rebuy early semi with 5 seats guaranteed finishing with 6 runners...
  • edited November 2016
    MTT players are able to get bonuses in other ways though. For example, a rebuy early semi with 5 seats guaranteed finishing with 6 runners...
    Posted by Sky__James

Hi James. Thanks for the reply.

Yes this is true, as I am sure you just noticed, I was one of those six. Still confused as to why it stopped when it appeared to still have six players. One did bust, but I thought there were 7 before that.

I do agree that satellites can often offer value, and have some overlay, although they are usually fairly low stake affairs, compared to the £11,000 worth of monthly buy ins required for an MTT player to reach Priority, when there are no MTT happy days/points boosts.

The problem is, that even if willing to buy in to £11K's worth of MTT's every month, the schedule makes this hard to do, which is why a little points boost is required now and again.

Having said the above, I do very much appreciate the new additions to the schedule, particularly the Sky High Roller and the £110 BH on Friday. Going forward, I hope more of these type of MTT's can be added. I also very much appreciate the Leader Board promotion for UKOPS.

Of course, you are right, there are some great benefits for MTT players, so it may appear "greedy" wanting a points boost as well.

It's just things are going so well with MTT numbers atm.

Personally, Sky has become my main site again because of these things, so it would be great to keep the momentum going.

As I said, it was not intended to be a moan, just pointing out some views from the perspective of an MTT grinder, who is hoping to maintain Priority status.

Cheers for the feedback.

G
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: MADE PRIORITY FOR FIRST TIME : Hi James. Thanks for the reply. Yes this is true, as I am sure you just noticed, I was one of those six. Still confused as to why it stopped when it appeared to still have six players. One did bust, but I thought there were 7 before that. I do agree that satellites can often offer value, and have some overlay, although they are usually fairly low stake affairs, compared to the £11,000 worth of monthly buy ins required for an MTT player to reach Priority, when there are no MTT happy days/points boosts. The problem is, that even if willing to buy in to £11K's worth of MTT's every month, the schedule makes this hard to do, which is why a little points boost is required now and again. Having said the above, I do very much appreciate the new additions to the schedule, particularly the Sky High Roller and the £110 BH on Friday. Going forward, I hope more of these type of MTT's can be added. I also very much appreciate the Leader Board promotion for UKOPS. Of course, you are right, there are some great benefits for MTT players, so it may appear "greedy" wanting a points boost as well. It's just things are going so well with MTT numbers atm. Personally, Sky has become my main site again because of these things, so it would be great to keep the momentum going. As I said, it was not intended to be a moan, just pointing out some views from the perspective of an MTT grinder, who is hoping to maintain Priority status. Cheers for the feedback. G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Hi Graham,

This is a frequently aired topic.

It's not quite as cut & dried as you suggest, there are various MTT based Promos, but it is a difficult area to do Promos for. 

UKOPS, for example, could be seen as a MTT based Promo, could it not?

There was also Mission MTT recently, & 2X Points on MTT's.

The Priority Freerolls are open to all Prio Members, obviously, but I'd suggest the MTT guys have a head start, as it's their area of expertise.

And, of course you or I don't know what Sky Poker have lined up in the next few months for MTT-ers.

I think it's not an unreasonable question, & please be asured these things are re-visted frequently, & I know there was discussion in this area quite recently.

Anyway, with all the money you win in MTT's, you must be loaded. ;)

PS - not forgotten those PM's that arrived overnight - leave that with me please, I hope to be able to respond tomorrow. It's not something I can approve myself, so it has to go Upstairs.     

• edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: MADE PRIORITY FOR FIRST TIME : Hi Graham, This is a frequently aired topic. It's not quite as cut & dried as you suggest, there are various MTT based Promos, but it is a difficult area to do Promos for.  UKOPS, for example, could be seen as a MTT based Promo, could it not? There was also Mission MTT recently, & 2X Points on MTT's.   The Priority Freerolls are open to all Prio Members, obviously, but I'd suggest the MTT guys have a head start, as it's their area of expertise.   And, of course you or I don't know what Sky Poker have lined up in the next few months for MTT-ers. I think it's not an unreasonable question, & please be asured these things are re-visted frequently, & I know there was discussion in this area quite recently. Anyway, with all the money you win in MTT's, you must be loaded. ;) PS - not forgotten those PM's that arrived overnight - leave that with me please, I hope to be able to respond tomorrow. It's not something I can approve myself, so it has to go Upstairs.     
    Posted by Tikay10

As always, thanks for the feedback TK. Yes you are right of course, as I alluded to in my reply to James. Sky do some great promo's in all areas.

I wouldn't say loaded lol, but I do OK.

The reason I ask all these things, is that I want Sky Poker to remain the most +EV site for me to play. As you know I love Sky, the community the people etc. So really hope to keep Sky as my main site. Just, from a PRIORITY perspective, I think it should be achievable for full time MTT grinders to make priority.

All the best, and yes, reply to the PM's as and when you have time, I know you are a busy man. :=)

Cheers,

G
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: MADE PRIORITY FOR FIRST TIME : Hi Aavistan, I have passed this across to the Prio Team. I imagine they will contact you shortly.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hey TK, I've made priority a few times, as well as this month, yet not a word from the dedicated team :) are you sure they're about? :)
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: MADE PRIORITY FOR FIRST TIME : Hey TK, I've made priority a few times, as well as this month, yet not a word from the dedicated team :) are you sure they're about? :)
    Posted by nmongoosez
    ;)

I think you will hear from them in the next day or so.
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: MADE PRIORITY FOR FIRST TIME : ;) I think you will hear from them in the next day or so.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I'm the same-never heard from them in any of the times I've made Priority. Do get an email every week saying I'm approaching silver/gold/platinum/retirement though :)
  • edited November 2016

Hi again guys,

There has been a few instances where e-Mails have not been sent for a variety of reasons - these are being addressed right now, & it's probable that everyone who has not been notified will be getting their e-mail shortly.

Apologies.

• edited November 2016
    In Response to MADE PRIORITY FOR FIRST TIME : Congrats Graham, it must be a ton of work to make it playing mostly MTTs. I think almost everyone else who makes priority plays cash or sngs to get enough points. If you don't know exactly what hitting prio means I'll summarise it quickly: In short, you get 10% RB (in addition to weekly rewards) which should be in the region of £90 for you if you just made it playing MTTs. There is a £1K freeroll and a £2K freeroll MTT every month usually 1st and 3rd Tuesdays or something like that (2nd and 4th??? IDK). Gets about 75 runners and should be right up your street. You should get someone at sky hq to contact if you need help / have a question. You get a few quid on your birthday too as a present. There is some kind of thing where you get your BI to certain mtts back if you bubble it, can't remember the exact details though because I don't play donkaments. There are also special one off prio event things eg. premiership thingy, the tablet giveaway, exclusive sattys to live stuff, rake races etc. Some months it won't really be relevant (eg. cash game rake races which you will not win if you just play MTTs), some months you might get something very tasty. I would check the priority tab regulalry because some of the promos you have to opt into speficially to qualify.   I think that is everything, congrats again on making prio. GG E.W.
    Posted by EmmaWatson

Many thanks for this info Emma.

Cheers,

G

• edited November 2016
    Well done on priority !! I made like 9600 points last month so close :(
    Hoping to make 10k this month though, it is tough considering ill play almost every mtt available on the schedule