You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Computer brainbox? Laptop issues (sky poker)

edited November 2016 in Poker Chat
Anyone have any idea what is going on with this issue i have be much appreciated.

Bought a new laptop from argos today and everytime ive tried installing sky poker i keep getting a message pop up saying..

"The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author."

Ive tried google as you do but might aswell be in russian the way they explain it i can watch videos/youtube eg so its not adobe flash players its just when im trying to install something like sky poker it downloads but wont install as thats when i receive that message.

Comments

• edited November 2016
    Check your clock and date is set right (bottom right of windows desktop).

Download the latest version of adobe air before downloading the skypoker installer.    https://get.adobe.com/air/

Disable antivirus stuff temporarily.

All worth trying
  • edited November 2016
    If it's any use to you I haven't been able to download the Sky Poker client for over 12 months.  I have tried everything suggested and it still won't work.  I get that same error message about the file being damaged.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled til blue in face and finally I gave up!

Now play Sky poker using Google Chrome only - and apart from last 2 weeks when issue with my tables/my sky poker were happening (but now resolved) it's been pretty stable on the Chrome browser.