You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

And finally....the UKOPS Day 10 Blog

edited November 2016 in Poker Chat

Morning all.

The 10th of the Daily UKOPS Blogs is now up,
HERE

Comments

• edited November 2016

A quick "thank you" to Miss Kirsty, up in Head Office, who had the dubious honour of proof-reading & uploading all 10 Blogs during UKOPs, also Tweeting them.

They are more time consuming to research, write & Upload than you may think, but Sky Poker are the only site I know which still has its own Online Community, & The Business think it is very important to nurture it.

• edited November 2016

Well done Kirsty. Will she be doing a daily blog for the Mini's too?
  • edited November 2016

^^^^

We are currently discussing that, Alan.

It adds considerably to her workload, but if she is able to find time, then I'm happy to write them. (I don't have the access rights or skills to upload them).

It is in discussion right now, e-Mails are going back & forth.  

• edited November 2016
    Cracking stuff - "that's the way he rolls" was inspired. 
  • edited November 2016

^^^

Ha, I'm glad someone spotted it.
  • edited November 2016

And news filters through from Upstairs that there WILL be Mini UKOPS Blogs.

• edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: And finally....the UKOPS Day 10 Blog:
    Posted by Tikay10
    Very good news love reading these well played all the winners 
  • edited November 2016
    Posted by Tikay10

Good good. Joking apart, I realise you put a lot of effort and time into these, and add a personnal touch too if you know/know of the players. Obv, Kirsty still has to do the majority of the work, no doubt.
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: And finally....the UKOPS Day 10 Blog : Very good news love reading these well played all the winners 
    Posted by weecheez1

+1
  • edited November 2016
    Very glad to hear. The write ups are brilliant and I thank you and if they had not continued for the mini UKOPS it would seem like it was devaluing the concept. 
  • edited November 2016
    i total agree i really enjoyed these write ups tk sir. was 1st thing i did every morning well afternoon lol.  the banter and wittiness in these were top notch, hopefully see more of this sort of thing in future maybe weekly round up or monthly sort of thing. hope all is well at sky hq when punta cana sched being realised :=).
  • edited November 2016
    Think the write ups are great. Love reading them and happy they will continue. Absolutely love the community feel of Sky can't get it anywhere else.
  • edited November 2016
    Good work Tikay, we've all really enjoyed it. Thanks for the mentions! This has been my first UKOPS and I'm already looking forward to the next one. How often do they run, 2-3 times a year?
  • edited November 2016
    Good work Tikay, we've all really enjoyed it. Thanks for the mentions! This has been my first UKOPS and I'm already looking forward to the next one. How often do they run, 2-3 times a year?
    Posted by The_Reflex
    It sort of varies, but I think, generally, early November, Xmas (between Boxing Day & New Year's Eve Eve), Easter, & sometimes one other slot.

I'd be reasonably confident that the next one will be sometime between Boxing Day & December 30th.

You played all 42 in the Main UKOPS - will you be doing the same (all 28) in the Mini UKOPS?

I just noticed you finished 3rd in the UKOPS Total Player Leaderboard for £600. Wowzer, very well done.  

• edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: And finally....the UKOPS Day 10 Blog : It sort of varies, but I think, generally, early November, Xmas (between Boxing Day & New Year's Eve Eve), Easter, & sometimes one other slot. I'd be reasonably confident that the next one will be sometime between Boxing Day & January 30th.   You played all 42 in the Main UKOPS - will you be doing the same (all 28) in the Mini UKOPS? I just noticed you finished 3rd in the UKOPS Total Player Leaderboard for £600. Wowzer, very well done.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for the info. I am going to give them a good go, but I have a few things on this weekend so I am highly doubtful to get the 100% attendance this time. 

Thanks, 3rd was a good result. I cashed all 4 last night, I was pushing really hard to win Total Player... In a way winning that is the most important thing to me. Really going to push for Total Player next time.
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: And finally....the UKOPS Day 10 Blog : Thanks for the info. I am going to give them a good go, but I have a few things on this weekend so I am highly doubtful to get the 100% attendance this time.  Thanks, 3rd was a good result. I cashed all 4 last night, I was pushing really hard to win Total Player... In a way winning that is the most important thing to me. Really going to push for Total Player next time.
    Posted by The_Reflex
    Never realised that, or would have mentioned it.

Has anyone else cashed in all 4 UKOPS Events on the same evening, I wonder?

• edited November 2016
    Already said this on the Day9 blog thread, but re-iterating what reflex said. (sorry for the duplication, but this is more appropriate to be on the thread of the last day blog)

I loved having the leader board and the blogs this year.

It made a big difference to the number of games I played.

I played all but one, and without the leader board. I would have probably only played about half of them. I just like the competition and kudos that having a leader board provides. (I don't think I'm alone here)

So I really think it paid for itself, and the numbers seem to suggest that.

Congrats to all, especially MUZOWNED for taking it down, and great effort on the last day reflex!

Great job Sky, and thank you once again for the blogs TK/Kirsty.

All the best to those who are playing Mini UKOPS.

Cheers,

G

• edited November 2016
    Superb writing. And my Bracelet arrived today.

I'm a very happy ABC-style geriatric....

Phil
  • edited November 2016
    Read every blog and loved them all

Thank you for taking the time to write these. Is the perfect balance of detail, poker fact and humour! Reason i logged in this eve just to catch up on yesterdays events.

• edited November 2016
    +1 to all of the above great write ups enjoyed reading all of the blogs well done Tikay and Kirsty
  • edited November 2016
    Already said this on the Day9 blog thread, but re-iterating what reflex said. (sorry for the duplication, but this is more appropriate to be on the thread of the last day blog) I loved having the leader board and the blogs this year. It made a big difference to the number of games I played. I played all but one, and without the leader board. I would have probably only played about half of them. I just like the competition and kudos that having a leader board provides. (I don't think I'm alone here) So I really think it paid for itself, and the numbers seem to suggest that. Congrats to all, especially MUZOWNED for taking it down, and great effort on the last day reflex! Great job Sky, and thank you once again for the blogs TK/Kirsty. All the best to those who are playing Mini UKOPS. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Thanks Stay, you were right up there too and had a good series, good work! I agree totally about the Total Player, I love leaderbaoards and trying to prove yourself over a series against everyone, it really motivates me.