You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Gotta laugh really.

edited November 2016 in Poker Chat
Hi all hope you are all well and are crushing the tables. Now at the moment Im running worse than a one legged man in a three legged race. Dont panic this isnt another "Sky is fixed. who pushed the doom button etc" rant, althoughg getting busted 12 of 17 times on the river when in front does spoil the ambience of a nice evening playing poker. However the proof of my runbad comes in the form of my 8 year old grandson who on seeing me playing with a deck of cards engages in the following;

"Grandad I can play cards"
"Really what can you play mate" I respond with hopeful gleam in eye.
"I can play snap" he announces proudly "would you like a game?"
"Shuffle up and deal"

5 minutes later
"I win Grandad would you like to play again"
"Yes but well play for 50p"

5 minutes later  "50 pence please Grandad"
"Double or nothing" I then explain to him the concept of double or nothing and hes seems happy enough.

Four double or nothings later and hes walking into his mum in the kitchen proudly waving a tenner. Now I know that it should only be £8 but I didnt have change and neither it appeared did his moneybox

"Mum" he shouted exitedly "Grandad has given me ten pounds because Im good at cards".

She looks at me in repraochment, I shuffle in embarrassment ant look at no-one, and he tries to hustle a game of happy families

I hate cards. Now where did I put my old backgammon set.

Yours in poker 

Comments

• edited November 2016
    Great post. 
    I feel your pain at your results and joy in your happy ending.
    GG my friend
  • edited November 2016

Are you sure you didnt play treble your money.....but lost too much, so reverted back to double your money? No change for a £10 token?....typical Sky!

(Nice refreshing post btw) ;)
  • edited November 2016
    Mum" he shouted exitedly "Grandad has given me ten pounds because Im good at cards".

Followed by -

'I know dear, it works every time, now give me my share and go and play your grandmother'

Nice story btw.
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Gotta laugh really.:
    Hi all hope you are all well and are crushing the tables. Now at the moment Im running worse than a one legged man in a three legged race. Dont panic this isnt another "Sky is fixed. who pushed the doom button etc" rant, althoughg getting busted 12 of 17 times on the river when in front does spoil the ambience of a nice evening playing poker. However the proof of my runbad comes in the form of my 8 year old grandson who on seeing me playing with a deck of cards engages in the following; "Grandad I can play cards" "Really what can you play mate" I respond with hopeful gleam in eye. "I can play snap" he announces proudly "would you like a game?" "Shuffle up and deal" 5 minutes later "I win Grandad would you like to play again" "Yes but well play for 50p" 5 minutes later  "50 pence please Grandad" "Double or nothing" I then explain to him the concept of double or nothing and hes seems happy enough. Four double or nothings later and hes walking into his mum in the kitchen proudly waving a tenner. Now I know that it should only be £8 but I didnt have change and neither it appeared did his moneybox "Mum" he shouted exitedly "Grandad has given me ten pounds because Im good at cards". She looks at me in repraochment, I shuffle in embarrassment ant look at no-one, and he tries to hustle a game of happy families I hate cards. Now where did I put my old backgammon set. Yours in poker 
    Posted by TheEdge949

Thinly disguised  moan ?