You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HOW COULD ANYONE CALL THIS? PRIMO!!!!!!

edited February 2010 in Sky Poker Tournaments
right i'm an ho and a bit into the primo 15k and someone raises 3x the bb, i reraise all in and this happens....... explain.......
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
bert117 Small blind  75.00 75.00 1855.00
crow01 Big blind  150.00 225.00 2490.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

goodylad21 Fold     
jd44 Fold     
xxx
Raise  450.00 675.00 11432.50
lightbown Fold     
bert117 Fold     
crow01 All-in  2490.00 3165.00 0.00
xxx
Call  2190.00 5355.00 9242.50
crow01 Show
  • A
  • J

xxx
Show
  • Q

Flop

Turn

River

• Q

xxx
Win Full House, 10s and Queens 5355.00

Comments

• edited February 2010
    explain?? you mean confirm how bad your opponents play is right?..you go all in against a large chip stack with a j off risking your tourney life and expect them to fold after committing 450 chips, OK you were unlucky and maybe your opponent shouldn't have called,but they did with a big stack to fall back on and a half decent hand and unfortunately for you they were lucky ...BINGO...this happens all the time and i know how frustrating this is,but to name the player as you have in posting this hand i believe is wrong,what is your aim in doing this EXPLAIN do you hope people will come on here saying what a bad player this is? 
  • edited February 2010
    A J off, short stack, I would have went  allin, then called and outdrawn, then say gg and leave, took my chance and lost, thats it. Naming the player is wrong.
  • edited February 2010
    Simple, your all in gives them the odds to call

I am sure they believe they have two live cards and if they do not put you on a pocket pair then they are at worst 40/60

Your all in prices them in at 6/4 so with such a large amount of chips behind it is an easy odds call to make.

And the player in question is also a very good player, have played with them lots both online and live

Dave
  • edited February 2010

im really sorry i didnt mean to name the player!! my unreserved apologies to him/her!!!!
    i just copied and pasted without thinking......
    the background of this is that he/she was bullying the table for a while with her stack

i was just really annoyed, and i know i wouldnt of called with q 10 o/s for a 3rd of my stack when the best i could wish for is a coin flip, and was beaten by a lot of better hands!

also i had played really tight up until then and shown the nuts once or twice

my apologies again and if anyone knows how i can edit my post please tell so i can do it asap....

i wasnt looking for anyone to say how much of a bad play it was fins, it was just meant to be a rant is all.

Dan

also the full house took the biscuit lol

• edited February 2010
    aha, now edited....
  • edited February 2010
    I agree with previous replies, the stack sizes explain it all. If the stack sizes were reversed I'm sure he/she would have played the hand differently.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: HOW COULD ANYONE CALL THIS? PRIMO!!!!!!:
    im really sorry i didnt mean to name the player!! my unreserved apologies to him/her!!!! i just copied and pasted without thinking...... the background of this is that he/she was bullying the table for a while with her stack i was just really annoyed, and i know i wouldnt of called with q 10 o/s for a 3rd of my stack when the best i could wish for is a coin flip, and was beaten by a lot of better hands! also i had played really tight up until then and shown the nuts once or twice my apologies again and if anyone knows how i can edit my post please tell so i can do it asap.... i wasnt looking for anyone to say how much of a bad play it was fins, it was just meant to be a rant is all. Dan also the full house took the biscuit lol
    Posted by crow01

No problem. after you've posted just look for 'edit post' below every post you make.
  • edited February 2010
    ... clicking on that will then allow you take out names etc.
  • edited February 2010
    it ws one of them "throw the computer out the window" moments lol

especialy after the 6 or 7 pints and a few g&t's (probably didnt help my play!!!)

im not a great player, i'm just a sore loser and i know it!

i was just trying so hard cos i won the seat in the freeroll, i wouldn't normaly enter a tournament that size....

i'l go and cry somewhere else now,,,, with my sore head......
  • edited February 2010
    SORTED..Top man you,i was also having a bit of a rant just hate it when people name players in this way,soz if i misread your reasons no offence mate.by the way i went out of last nights primo with aces against 10 8 flop k88 bye bye fins.