You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Internet issues

edited November 2016 in Poker Chat
hi all

I'm having issues with my internet, on virgin media, seems to konk out quite often and it's been down all this evening, probably due to the weather?

Anyone on virgin have the same issues? Any other providers any better?

Cheers all

Comments

• edited November 2016
    Hi,

I'm on sky (no relation), all good here.
  • edited November 2016
  • edited November 2016
    Cheers guys - is it consistently good with no short term drop outs (2-3 mins or so) from time to time?

• edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: Internet issues:
    Cheers guys - is it consistently good with no short term drop outs (2-3 mins or so) from time to time?
    Posted by SkyIsSoft
    hi Sky, i was having a similiar issue a few months back with BT broadband, the first time i started to get regular drop outs they sent an engineer and found a problem with the line somewhere down the road he cleared it of the issue reset it and all was good for a month or so. then the dropouts started happening again btu this time they "couldnt see" the dropouts happening their end. they would happen 5-10 times to me daily and despite me recording videos and sending them to them they still denied the drops were happening and refused to send an engineer or help in anyway. ive since swapped to a new provider and, touch wood, all has gone well. not a single drop out. 

you should definitely contact your provider and nag and nag them to get it fixed 2-3 mimnutes might seem small but it shouldnt be happenening, failing that u can buy dongles that can priovide internet connection while your main router drops in various places. that might be worth looking into
  • edited November 2016
    Thanks RLT, might look into a dongle.

To be honest it is good most of the time just really frustrating the times it does drop...
  • edited November 2016
    I used to have a similar issue with Talk Talk, and it's so frustrating. I have now swapped to Superfast broadband with SSE on a FANTASTIC deal they had..... 18 month contract for FREE unlimited superfast broadband (up to 76mb....thats to your street box) and line rental for £16 per month. You had to have calls with your landline(unlimited for 01, 02,03, numbers) for £5. So £21 total per month was best deal I've seen, and its been brilliant, but I know the deal finished/finishes sometime in November. Definitely worth giving them a ring and quoting this deal... they may still have it on/ honour it.