You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky poker connection problems

edited November 2016 in Poker Chat
This is the 2nd time this week I have been unable to carry on playing on the sky poker site.
During a game I have been discoonected and unable to get back onto the site.
I have complained to my servive provider sky.com.
They have done checks on my broadband and say everything is fine.
Could be problems with the website I am trying to connect to.
Both times the problems have started after 10 pm
Using the sky poker client

Comments

• edited November 2016
    its been working fine for me tonight, im with sky broadband and also use the client
  • edited November 2016
    I've had some grief in DC's. The worst , just after I reraised. I've caveman technology though.
  • edited November 2016
    its been working fine for me tonight, im with sky broadband and also use the client
  • edited November 2016
    I have uninstalled the poker client and re-installed it.
    I notice the app is for x86 systems.
    I have windows 10 64bit system which caters for 32 bi systems as well in compatibilty mode.
    Could this be something to do with the problen?
  • edited November 2016
    I'm having quite a few problems with slow opening tables (missing first hand etc) and tonight i had problems with one table losing connection whilst the other 4/5 all ran as normal.
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Sky poker connection problems:

I also had an issue a couple of days ago. I lost my Internet connection for only about 1 minute, shortly after the start of a tournament. When I was back online, the table would not reload again and I could not continue with the tournament. I am having to play on a browser at the moment, as I can no longer get the download client to work.

Fortunately, customer services refunded my buy-in, but said that they would not do so again, as it is my responsibility to have a reliable Internet connection. Whilst I can see their point, the tables should be able to reload after a disconnect - I am not going to play in any tournaments with a large buy-in now, for fear of losing connection and being unable to reload.