You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Chat ban

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat

Hi my name is Greg, aka Norbit.

I have been playing on this site for couple of years now and really like it but about 5/6months ago i was chat banned permantly :(

I'll admit i used to have some anger problems, but since then ive changed alot and i can even laugh about bad beats, but i miss being able to chat on the table with players that i know quite well and even the ones i dont.

I miss being able to say the usual things like ' nh, gg, ul ' etc.

Now this was my first ban, no warning just perma banned, but im asking for one more chance to show im not the little rude teenager that didnt like loosing lol, if i do then ban me from sky poker permantly, thats how confident i am that i wouldnt.

I didnt know who to post this too, so i thought i'd just put it up here so someone could see.

So if you one of the people i annoyed back in day then ill take this time to apolgise...any comments welcome

Cheers Norb

Comments

• edited July 2009
    all i can say fella for permanent ban u must of said sum nawty things
  • edited July 2009
    i think it takes a lot for someone to come on the forum and admit they had problems, that they say they have faced and conquered.

i have to say fair play for that.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Chat ban:
    all i can say fella for permanent ban u must of said sum nawty things
    Posted by mickjenn1
    Holy cow Mick

ROTFLMAO

Gary
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Chat ban:
    Hi my name is Greg, aka Norbit. I have been playing on this site for couple of years now and really like it but about 5/6months ago i was chat banned permantly :( I'll admit i used to have some anger problems, but since then ive changed alot and i can even laugh about bad beats, but i miss being able to chat on the table with players that i know quite well and even the ones i dont. I miss being able to say the usual things like ' nh, gg, ul ' etc. Now this was my first ban, no warning just perma banned, but im asking for one more chance to show im not the little rude teenager that didnt like loosing lol, if i do then ban me from sky poker permantly, thats how confident i am that i wouldnt. I didnt know who to post this too, so i thought i'd just put it up here so someone could see. So if you one of the people i annoyed back in day then ill take this time to apolgise...any comments welcome Cheers Norb
    Posted by Norbit
    Hi Norbit, I think I have played more against you than anybody else on this site! In all that  time not once did you offend me or any one else at the table. I always found you very friendly and a pleasure to play against and chat too. Gl
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Chat ban:
    Hi my name is Greg, aka Norbit. I have been playing on this site for couple of years now and really like it but about 5/6months ago i was chat banned permantly :( I'll admit i used to have some anger problems, but since then ive changed alot and i can even laugh about bad beats, but i miss being able to chat on the table with players that i know quite well and even the ones i dont. I miss being able to say the usual things like ' nh, gg, ul ' etc. Now this was my first ban, no warning just perma banned, but im asking for one more chance to show im not the little rude teenager that didnt like loosing lol, if i do then ban me from sky poker permantly, thats how confident i am that i wouldnt. I didnt know who to post this too, so i thought i'd just put it up here so someone could see. So if you one of the people i annoyed back in day then ill take this time to apolgise...any comments welcome Cheers Norb
    Posted by Norbit
    Hi Greg

Please go to "get steve released ", in general poker chat and post a comment.

You will see what I have said on the subject.

Good Luck

Tiggs
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Chat ban:
    Hi my name is Greg, aka Norbit. I have been playing on this site for couple of years now and really like it but about 5/6months aHi Again
    go i was chat banned permantly :( I'll admit i used to have some anger problems, but since then ive changed alot and i can even laugh about bad beats, but i miss being able to chat on the table with players that i know quite well and even the ones i dont. I miss being able to say the usual things like ' nh, gg, ul ' etc. Now this was my first ban, no warning just perma banned, but im asking for one more chance to show im not the little rude teenager that didnt like loosing lol, if i do then ban me from sky poker permantly, thats how confident i am that i wouldnt. I didnt know who to post this too, so i thought i'd just put it up here so someone could see. So if you one of the people i annoyed back in day then ill take this time to apolgise...any comments welcome Cheers Norb
    Posted by Norbit
    Hi again

Have you tried to post an apology to the player or players you were abusive to?

If you play them regularly to could say sorry....... where your address goes under your avatar.

Even if the ban is not lifted you will feel better.

Tiggs
  • edited July 2009
    hi greg , i think you sound sincere . it takes courage to hold your hands up and admit you did wrong.i think tiggers on the right track.apologize to the players you offended.its a good start.considering your age , maybe eventually your ban will be lifted,even convicted criminals get another chance.keep doing the right thing and maybe sky will accept your offer in time.   good luck.
  • edited July 2009

Hi again,

Thanks for your comments, this is a really nice community.

As for apologizing, i wish i could apologize but i cant remember their poker names. So its more of a open apology, if i did offend anyone then im truly sorry if i caused any grief.

To Madmoo, yea i really enjoyed playing and chatting with u on the many occasions, hope your ok.

And i look forward to seeing the rest of you at the tables, good luck all.

Norb.
  • edited July 2009
    Ok... yet again the people have spoken!

Norbit you seem to be repentant and have made an attempt to atone for your sins. I have spoken to Customer Care and we will be reinstating your chat rights (you will be receiving an email shortly).

I hope you continue to enjoy Poker, this community and that chat box.

long live the power of the Community!

Rich
  • edited July 2009
    Well Done Rich

Long live the power of Rich.

Norbit/Greg

I would be pleased to play with you anytime M8

Gary
  • edited July 2009

i agree , well done rich.  

• edited July 2009
    Ok... yet again the people have spoken! Norbit you seem to be repentant and have made an attempt to atone for your sins. I have spoken to Customer Care and we will be reinstating your chat rights (you will be receiving an email shortly). I hope you continue to enjoy Poker, this community and that chat box. long live the power of the Community! Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    wat about bigsteve42
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Chat ban : wat about bigsteve42
    Posted by mickjenn1
    check out his thread Mick (we are looking into his case)
  • edited July 2009
    i agree , well done rich.  
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    Me too, well done Rich.
  • edited July 2009

Thank you so much Rich and Sky poker!  I will make sure that i use the chat box to be friendly and helpful!

IAMALLIN2/Gary i play low level cash 5/10p and 10/20p hope to see you around.

Long live the power of the community!!

Good luck all and see you at the tables!

Norb,
  • edited July 2009
    Thank you so much Rich and Sky poker!  I will make sure that i use the chat box to be friendly and helpful! IAMALLIN2/Gary i play low level cash 5/10p and 10/20p hope to see you around. Long live the power of the community!! Good luck all and see you at the tables! Norb,
    Posted by Norbit
    i dont think this is fair he was ban for a reason and should of stayed banned now sky will have to give everybody a second chance that is chat banned ?
  • edited July 2009
    Ok... yet again the people have spoken! Norbit you seem to be repentant and have made an attempt to atone for your sins. I have spoken to Customer Care and we will be reinstating your chat rights (you will be receiving an email shortly). I hope you continue to enjoy Poker, this community and that chat box. long live the power of the Community! Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    well i think if it was a first offence i think a life ban is un fair but ino first offences r a 3month ban therefore i think it wasnt ur first???? and i think also wen u get a ban abanshould stick for the duration but now sky have opened a gate for all offenders to get a second chance