You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

XMAS UKOPS (5 SUGGESTIONS FOR SKY JAMES/TK)

edited November 2016 in Poker Chat
Just thought I'd add my two penn'orth to this:-

1. Completely agree
2. Completely agree-this was why the last game in the Mini didn't work well
3. That's got to be worth a go
4. Don't agree with this 1-i want everyone to have a chance, not just the grinders
5. Point taken, but think it was sufficient last time. Special avatar for series winner?

PS-would be good to have 1 day of the Mini devoted to you 4-card weirdoes :)

Phil

Comments

• edited November 2016
    Hi TK, James, SKY.

Following on from the unprecedented success of the last UKOPS, If of interest, here are my top 5 suggestions for the XMAS edition.

1) Have a UKOPS Leader Board with a separate Mini version again. (It was a real favourite last time, and I'm sure it paid for itself)

2) Always make the 7.00PM game and the 10.00PM game turbos. (Most players play 4 tables easily enough, so having the 7pm always as a turbo would work out well, as it should be almost finished by 10pm.) The 10pm UKOPS Turbo BH was a great success each day, so don't change this.

3) Have a Main Event "LATE EDITION" at 9.30pm with the same buy in as the main event of the day but a slightly faster blind structure and half the guarantee . Say 10min blinds if the Main Event is 15 mins etc (Good thing about having a leader board is that more people will have an incentive to play this) If the 7pm is a turbo, there will also be space to do this.

4) For a leader board to work for us, it needs to work for you, so amend the points system, by adding 30 points to each place, and give everyone 30 points for playing. All the other sites adopt this sort of strategy. An 80, 70, 60, 55, 50, 45pts (for the top 6), 40pts (7th-9th), 35pts (for a cash), 30 points for the rest, type thing.

This way players going for the leader board will not miss many games, as they are effectively giving 30 points to the field, per MTT they miss. Clearly the extra rake gained by having a "LATE EDITION" and a 30 points minimum per MTT will generate more revenue for Sky, and as such, I would suggest it could easily pay for a leader board promo.

5) Clearly the bigger the leader board prize pool the more incentive for players to go for it, This could work well for Sky, particularly if they have two main events per day.

Just some thoughts, if you want any more feedback/suggestions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: XMAS UKOPS (5 SUGGESTIONS FOR SKY JAMES/TK):
    Just thought I'd add my two penn'orth to this:- 1. Completely agree 2. Completely agree-this was why the last game in the Mini didn't work well 3. That's got to be worth a go 4. Don't agree with this 1-i want everyone to have a chance, not just the grinders 5. Point taken, but think it was sufficient last time. Special avatar for series winner? PS-would be good to have 1 day of the Mini devoted to you 4-card weirdoes :) Phil
    Posted by Essexphil

Cheers for the feedback Phil.

I do understand your view re point 4, however it would be a rake earner for Sky, and they need it to be +ev for them.

One argument SKY have about offering leader board promos, is that they don't generate as much rake as their other promos. This would go some way to alleviate that for them, and for it to be successful, it needs to work for them too.

However I completely understand your point re giving everyone, not just the grinders, a chance. Although doing this may offer Sky an option based on a combination of volume and results.

My mini gripe with Sky's promos is that they are usually JUST volume related and this offers them the opportunity to have a promotion that combines volume and skill.

Cheers,

G
  • edited November 2016
    When is the christmas UKOPS ?
  • edited November 2016
    When is the christmas UKOPS ?
    Posted by jubb
    You could take a wild stab at it :)
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: XMAS UKOPS (5 SUGGESTIONS FOR SKY JAMES/TK) : You could take a wild stab at it :)
    Posted by Jac35
    Haha I walked right into that one ...

What are the exact dates and when is the schedule released ?

• edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: XMAS UKOPS (5 SUGGESTIONS FOR SKY JAMES/TK) : Haha I walked right into that one ... What are the exact dates and when is the schedule released ?
    Posted by jubb
    I think it's normally between Christmas and New Year and the details releases early December
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: XMAS UKOPS (5 SUGGESTIONS FOR SKY JAMES/TK) : You could take a wild stab at it :)
    Posted by Jac35

New keyboard please, I'm a big fan of understatement, & I have to say, that did cause a monumental rofl.
  • edited November 2016

Hi guys,

First up, it's great that Graham, & Frinton Bloke take the time & trouble to put forward suggestions, & Grumpy Jack weighed in with a funny, as he does once a year without fail, & they are genuinely appreciated.

The keener eyed amongst you will deduce from that sentence that a but follows.....

• edited November 2016

But.......

The planning & gestation period for all Promos, including UKOPS, is 2 to 3 months minimum, so December & January are already firmed up, & February is pencilled in.

So UKOPS is already finalised, & has been for some time, the assets have been created, the schedule agreed, da de da.

James, who has the first responsibility (reporting to Sam primarily) for designing & planning UKOPS will read the thread though, & I'll send it them just to be sure. Also involved in planning these things is Mark, Justin & Kirsty.

The Landing Page for Xmas UKOPS 2016 (which Kirsty is responsible for) will go "Live" next Friday, 9th December, & at the same time, a UKOPS Preview Blog will also appear, together with a forum thread.

Until then, I'm afraid you'll have to talk amongst yourselves, because Sky Poker don't want any spoilers. 

It's like an Xmas pressie, it's a secret.

• edited November 2016
    But....... The planning & gestation period for all Promos, including UKOPS, is 2 to 3 months minimum, so December & January are already firmed up, & February is pencilled in.   So UKOPS is already finalised, & has been for some time, the assets have been created, the schedule agreed, da de da.   James, who has the first responsibility (reporting to Sam primarily) for designing & planning UKOPS will read the thread though, & I'll send it them just to be sure. Also involved in planning these things is Mark, Justin & Kirsty. The Landing Page for Xmas UKOPS 2016 (which Kirsty is responsible for) will go "Live" next Friday, 9th December , & at the same time, a UKOPS Preview Blog will also appear, together with a forum thread. Until then, I'm afraid you'll have to talk amongst yourselves, because Sky Poker don't want any spoilers.  It's like an Xmas pressie, it's a secret.       
    Posted by Tikay10

Thanks for the response TK.

Not to worry. Perhaps try some of these suggestions for the next one. (Easter 2017?)

In the mean time, I am very much looking forward to finding out what's in store for Xmas UKOPS.

Cheers,

G
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: XMAS UKOPS (5 SUGGESTIONS FOR SKY JAMES/TK) : Thanks for the response TK. Not to worry. Perhaps try some of these suggestions for the next one. (Easter 2017?) In the mean time, I am very much looking forward to finding out what's in store for Xmas UKOPS. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Well you are in plenty of time for that, & I have sent the Thread to the Team, so yes, they'll certainly look at them.