You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Void hand?

edited December 2016 in Poker Chat
Hi everyone, anybody know what this means? I was in a DON getting too short and mult-tabling when I got A10o went to fist pump shove the table "froze" but to my recollection the other tables were ok then the hand sort of disappeared and was replaced with junk!! I thought it might have been my connection but I'm sure the other tables were fine and I've got fast fibre so never really have problems so I went to the hand history to see if lag caused it to fold but saw the info below "hand voided".Anyone know what this means?
CheersHand History #1105556223 (23:05 01/12/2016)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceGraeSmall blind 50.0050.004650.00poker51Big blind 100.00150.001935.00 Your hole cardsA10    Hand voided    

Comments

• edited December 2016
    In Response to Void hand?:
    Hi everyone, anybody know what this means? I was in a DON getting too short and mult-tabling when I got A10o went to fist pump shove the table "froze" but to my recollection the other tables were ok then the hand sort of disappeared and was replaced with junk!! I thought it might have been my connection but I'm sure the other tables were fine and I've got fast fibre so never really have problems so I went to the hand history to see if lag caused it to fold but saw the info below "hand voided".Anyone know what this means? Cheers Hand History #1105556223 (23:05 01/12/2016) Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance Grae Small blind   50.00 50.00 4650.00 poker51 Big blind   100.00 150.00 1935.00   Your hole cards A 10         Hand voided        
    Posted by Mr_Carps

Hi Carps.

Yeh this happens occasionally, as well as many other minor inconsistencies, such as:

Not being able to see hole cards.
    Unable to see flop, but turn and river ok.
    Not seeing the chips when someone goes all in.
    Chips appearing to be on the table before the hand starts.
    Only seeing your cards for a brief moment before they disappear.
    Cards reappearing after you fold (frustrating if they were AA)

There are just general "refresh" issues on the site as a whole.

Perhaps look at it, as added features :=) It happens with any range of hands, just unfortunate, on this occasion, it happened when you had a half decent hand.

Maybe with the money saved by stopping Sky Poker TV, they will address these issues, although, when you play long enough on Sky, you can kinda get to like them in weird sort of way. A unique selling point for Sky Poker?

Personally, I would rather put up with these minor issues and have the Sky Poker Channel back, but this is not possible.

To me the friendliness of SkyPoker and the Forum/Community more than make up for these minor foibles, although I can also understand your frustration.

Cheers,

G
  • edited December 2016
    Hi G thanks for taking the time to reply.It makes sense now hopefully I won't see much more of these features in the future ;-) The software especially lack of space for notes + having to keep making them smaller to get new info in when multiing /not being able to make a note when someone busts and also replaying previous hands take some getting used to when you're used to playing on the "major" site where you take these things for granted! However I totally agree, I'm loving the community feel here and the forum and for a micro player the rewards are pretty decent too :) I've moved the majority of my play here despite Sharky showing I'm £60 down (winning tickets then bricking) I'm actually £35 up lol so making a small profit and I'm loving the DON's.All in all I'm really enjoying my time on here long may it continue.
    Thanks for the help and good luck on the tables :)