You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Xmas UKOPS announced

edited December 2016 in Poker Chat

Sky Poker's Xmas UKOPS will run from Tuesday December 27th until Friday December 30th.

All the details are HERE

Comments

• edited December 2016

UKOPS Leaderboard?

Yup, there will be a £5,000 Total Player Leaderboard, see HERE
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Sky Poker Xmas UKOPS announced:
    Sky Poker's Xmas UKOPS will run from Tuesday December 27th until Friday December 30th . All the details are HERE
    Posted by Tikay10

And the mini UKOPS will be.......?
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Xmas UKOPS announced:
    In Response to Sky Poker Xmas UKOPS announced :     And the mini UKOPS will be.......?
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Hi Pommy,

There is no Mini UKOPS this time around, though buy-ins range from £5.50 up.

Xmas UKOPS fits nicely in that "slot" between Xmas & New Year, just as Easter UKOPS works in the Good Friday - Easter Monday slot. 

I believe that Mini UKOPS will next return in the November UKOPS, though that's just my guess.  
  • edited December 2016
    UKOPS 24 £1,000 PLO8 7.30pm £22 buyin.

like this.

sky James probably only put it on to save me moaning:}

• edited December 2016

"There is no Mini UKOPS this time around, though buy-ins range from £5.50 up".

Shame to not see any Mini UKOPS events included in this festival, as I did think they were very well received and very popular. The £5.50 events you mention above are just normal ones for that time slot. It would have been nice to see something run in conjunction with this with the smaller BR player in mind (imho). Not a moan post as such, just an observation. Hopefully, the satellite tree will be suitably saturated.
  • edited December 2016
    "There is no Mini UKOPS this time around, though buy-ins range from £5.50 up". Shame to not see any Mini UKOPS events included in this festival, as I did think they were very well received and very popular. The £5.50 events you mention above are just normal ones for that time slot. It would have been nice to see something run in conjunction with this with the smaller BR player in mind (imho). Not a moan post as such, just an observation. Hopefully, the satellite tree will be suitably saturated.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    +1 to this. 

I'm unlikely to play any of the UKOPS events this time around regardless of buyin (I've got to move house by the first week of January), so I don't have any personal interest in the series, or a Mini UKOPS this time around.

However, the £5.50s are just regular minis that have been re-badged, so this series adds nothing for the low/micro stakes guys, outside of the usual satellites into a big MTT. Admittedly, it's hard to fit things into the schedule - The 5:30-6:30pm slots are best filled by satellites to the main events, and the 9:30 slot by the nightly £11 BH which has a fairly chunky guarantee to make.

I do think there's room to add some £2.20/£3.30 Turbo stuff @ 10:30 though, given that the "Quickdraw" Turbo BH is (presumably?) moving forward half an hour and being re-badged, leaving nothing in that timeslot for UKOPS week. £3.30, 5 minute blinds, finish not long after midnight, chuck a decent guarantee (maybe £500-£1k range?) and a UKOPS badge on it, easy game. Admittedly, you could probably make the same argument for an £11 MTT with like £1k-£1.5k gtd in that timeslot too, which would also give Sky more rake.

Could probably add a decent sized, slower structure NLHE event (Like £3.30/£2k gtd) in the 7:30 slot on Wednesday/Friday too, given the events in those slots are £22 PLO and PLO8 respectively - I doubt a £3.30 NLHE comp would take any liquidity from either of those, given the differences in game and buyin will attract a completely different type of player. 

People will either favour the £22 Omaha MTTs because of a preference for Omaha, or if they'd rather play a £3.30 Holdem MTT, chances are they wouldn't just flick in a £22 direct BI for a game they're less familiar with, at a significantly higher stake - And the £3.30 won't clash with Omaha satellites, should they choose to play those. I literally can't see a single person thinking "I wanted to play that £22 PLO, but I'll just play the £3.30 NLHE instead". Despite being in the same timeslot, I don't think they'd really be competing for liquidity at all, so that could be an option to add some more micro events.

Alternatively, a UKOPS Mini the week before (20th-23rd) perhaps would work. Running the "Mini" version prior to the main UKOPS means you could also consider adding some £110 seats for a "Player of the series" or something, too? It's also something that could be announced at much shorter notice than the main UKOPS, because of not needing satellites for anything bar possibly an £11 main event, so I don't think it's too late to reconsider, and potentially announce a mini UKOPS schedule later this week, perhaps?

Given the lack of micro stakes events in the main UKOPS, and the success of the mini UKOPS last time, I think it would be a catastrophic error by Sky to not capitalise on that this time around in some way, as well.
  • edited December 2016
    Surprised it's only me and Churchy highlighting the PLO8 UKOPs event.

All and sundrie seemed to be on complaining when there wasn't one.
  • edited December 2016
    Surprised it's only me and Churchy highlighting the PLO8 UKOPs event. All and sundrie seemed to be on complaining when there wasn't one.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Or a vocal minority! It would be good to confirm before the event that everyone is happy with buy in and start time. Just on the off chance it struggles for numbers and these are used as the reasons after the event. 
  • edited December 2016
    Surprised it's only me and Churchy highlighting the PLO8 UKOPs event. All and sundrie seemed to be on complaining when there wasn't one.
    Posted by Phantom66

I really hope both Omaha events do well. It will be interesting though to compare the numbers that each get. I  guesstimate that the PLO on 28th will do slightly better than the PLO8 on the 30th. Depends on how much 'noise' is made for event I suppose.

....plus there is still time for Sky to make them both rebuy bounty hunters , which will mean they both smash their guarantees.
  • edited December 2016
    @Matt - Start time shouldn't be an issue. Buy-in not sure. For a one off shot at a UKOPs PLO8 title I will pay £22 for it even though above usual bankroll level. £11 or even £55 with plenty of satellites might be better for hitting a guarantee. I'm still confident it will hit guarantee though.

@Max - My money would be on the PLO8 to get more entries. There is more of a PLO8 community on here to get behind it (hopefully).
  • edited December 2016
    I am pretty sure the Plo will do ok, the PLO8 will struggle I think, £22 Is above most of the ploppers reach.
    Hopefully both will cover the guarantees.
    Unfortunately Christmas is the only time of year I get to spend with family and I will probably miss all of the UKOPs events. 
    Personally I think the Mini UKOPs was the time to play and promote the four card game but anytime it gets a chance is good.
    Good luck to all who play.
  • edited December 2016
    @Matt - Start time shouldn't be an issue. Buy-in not sure. For a one off shot at a UKOPs PLO8 title I will pay £22 for it even though above usual bankroll level. £11 or even £55 with plenty of satellites might be better for hitting a guarantee. I'm still confident it will hit guarantee though. @Max - My money would be on the PLO8 to get more entries. There is more of a PLO8 community on here to get behind it (hopefully).
    Posted by Phantom66
    1st point think most would have preffered £11 buyin as its a big jump from the usual £5.50 entry to skys biggest plo/pl08 mtts on site but being a 1 off event should still make it.

2nd one i think pl0 will get more runners but both will easilly get the 50 runners needed to beat the gtds lots of the bigger holdem players will probably play both esspecially with the leaderboard running again as well.

Hopefully there will be a few sats and it would be even better if those sats where pl08/plo like the target event have never understood having holdem sats for plo/pl08 events but maybe thats just me.

Also starting stack blinds and late reg will all be factors in how well it does.

The only only reason i mentioned the times of previous events is that they did hold back the number of entries esspecially when you consider there is a lot less pl08 players on site during the day as can be shown just looking in the pl08 s&g lobby during the day.

5pm start time most people are just getting dinner/home from work etc etc so the tiiming is important and even tikay missed the pl08 event that started at 5pm and he would play any decent pl08 mtt on here as he has said many times there is not hundreds of pl0/pl08 players on site all day like holdem so obviously timing has to be right.