You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

being banished from sky.

edited December 2016 in Poker Chat
my father {thomas1946} has been with sky for the last 4 years.he is 69 years of age.he went to log into his account and for some reasons unknown to him they had suspended his account.we was advised to contact sky support which we did.SKY would not disclose the information as to why they have suspended his account.all he does is play in the 14,20 £2.20 deep stack or the odd double up sit and go.he never gives verbal on the chat section nor ever abusive.but yet again SKY wont give us a reason for being banished from there gamiung site.
could anyone please give me some feedback as to how SKY can do this and get away with.
has this happend to anyone else other than us...thank you for your time and your feedback would be appreciated....

Comments

• edited December 2016
    ive been suspended for a period of inactivity but cc sorted it asap.

other than are u in same household i cant think of why.
  • edited December 2016

Hi mone,

Sky Poker don't allow these things to be answered on the Forum, & they certainly won't answer.

FWIW, the last thing a Poker Site wants to do is close accounts without good reason, as it means they lose a customer. So they always have a reason.

I did send the thread up to the Office for them to take a look, but I never got a positive response.  

• edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: being banished from sky.:
    Hi mone, Sky Poker don't allow these things to be answered on the Forum, & they certainly won't answer. FWIW, the last thing a Poker Site wants to do is close accounts without good reason, as it means they lose a customer. So they always have a reason. I did send the thread up to the Office for them to take a look, but I never got a positive response.    
    Posted by Tikay10

maybe so mr kendall.my father was on the phone for a good 40 minutes and they could only tell him that they have made their decission to remove him from sky with good reason but still would not give an explanation to him. could i take this further as this is not good enough and is far far from being acceptable..
  • edited December 2016
    ive been suspended for a period of inactivity but cc sorted it asap. other than are u in same household i cant think of why.
    Posted by MICKYBLUE

no.he lives in benfleet and i live in chelmsford.but when he tried to log on to play the slots here in chelmsford this is when it all occured..???..
  • edited December 2016
    Sounds suspicious to me OP
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: being banished from sky. : no.he lives in benfleet and i live in chelmsford.but when he tried to log on to play the slots here in chelmsford this is when it all occured..???..
    Posted by mone05

Ahh, now you mention the Chelsmford incident, the plot thickens exponentially 

• edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: being banished from sky. : no.he lives in benfleet and i live in chelmsford.but when he tried to log on to play the slots here in chelmsford this is when it all occured..???..
    Posted by mone05
    Be careful .... my wife got banned also for coming to my defence on the Forum..... please PM TK

if as you say,  he has not committed any offence then TK will sort it out privately for you.
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: being banished from sky. : Ahh, now you mention the Chelsmford incident, the plot thickens exponentially 
    Posted by mumsie

should it matter where he logs onto his account.be it chelmsford benfleet glassgow timbucktoo..i think not mumsie.
    it just upsets me that they can do this without good reason and for them to take away his only enjoyment at 69 years of age is disgusting as far as im concerned.
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: being banished from sky

Hi fella / madam 

If you feel you have been wronged, contact the AGCC. Is a link to it at bottom of home page 

They are the gambling commission who regulate sky, any complaints not resolved on site you should be directed to them.

As others have said, broadcasting on here will not help at all.  For the record, i log in all over the show with no problems so must be something else they have noted. AgCC is my advise 

• edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: being banished from  sky Hi fella / madam  If you feel you have been wronged, contact the AGCC. Is a link to it at bottom of home page  They are the gambling commission who regulate sky, any complaints not resolved on site you should be directed to them. As others have said, broadcasting on here will not help at all.  For the record, i log in all over the show with no problems so must be something else they have noted. AgCC is my advise 
    Posted by Nuggy962

ok thank you nuggy .noted ..
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: being banished from  sky Hi fella / madam  If you feel you have been wronged, contact the AGCC. Is a link to it at bottom of home page  They are the gambling commission who regulate sky, any complaints not resolved on site you should be directed to them. As others have said, broadcasting on here will not help at all.  For the record, i log in all over the show with no problems so must be something else they have noted. AgCC is my advise 
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Hi Nuggy,

I believe it is actually The Gambling Commission, not AGCC.

If he wishes to contact either, fine, but their concern will be whether the correct process has been followed rather than the actual decision.

FWIW, as soon as the thread first appeared, I sent it upstairs with the suggestion that this looked a little odd, & maybe they might wish to take another look. I was not aware at the time of the "location" issue as the OP never mentioned it. It was clearly a pertinent matter to mention, all things considered.

It does suggest Sky Poker's monitoring processes are very highly tuned indeed if they picked this location thing up based on that single incident. However, something clearly raised the software "flag".

I genuinely feel a little distressed about the matter "as told", & I'll send the thread upstairs again now, but I don't expect them to reply to me, as it's not a matter I should be getting involved with.

This is a real "off limits" matter for me, & it should not be on this forum either. Can I ask people to post responsibly. 

The last thing any Business ever wants to do is ban a customer. So they must (believe) they have good reason. It is very rarely as cut & dried as first suggested.    

• edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: being banished from sky. : Hi Nuggy, I believe it is actually The Gambling Commission, not AGCC. If he wishes to contact either, fine, but their concern will be whether the correct process has been followed rather than the actual decision.   FWIW, as soon as the thread first appeared, I sent it upstairs with the suggestion that this looked a little odd, & maybe they might wish to take another look. I was not aware at the time of the "location" issue as the OP never mentioned it. It was clearly a pertinent matter to mention, all things considered.   It does suggest Sky Poker's monitoring process are very highly tuned if they picked this location thing up based on that single incident.   I genuinely feel a little distressed about the matter "as told", & I'll send the thread upstairs again now, but I don't expect them to reply to me, a it's not a matter I should be getting involved with. This is a real "off limits" matter for me, & it should not be on this forum either. Can I ask people to post responsibly.  The last thing any Business ever wants to do is ban a customer. So they must (believe) they have good reason. It is very rarely as cut & dried as first suggested.      
    Posted by Tikay10

Plus 1

• edited December 2016
    In the op you say he mainly plays ( rainmans ) 2•20@2•20 and some dyms. Theres no mention until later about slots?
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: being banished from sky. : should it matter where he logs onto his account.be it chelmsford benfleet glassgow timbucktoo..i think not mumsie. it just upsets me that they can do this without good reason and for them to take away his only enjoyment at 69 years of age is disgusting as far as im concerned.
    Posted by mone05
    Timbucktoo is not in the UK unfortunately so wouldn't be able to log in and play from there :) (sorry trying to make it a bit lighter thread)
  • edited December 2016
    Guys,

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to close this thread.

It's getting fearfully close to crossing the compliance line, & that can't be allowed to happen.

All the posts have been well-intended, I know that.

Trial & investigation by Forum is not appropriate either.

The OP can use CC, or if he wishes me to pass any further Messagers upstairs, send me a PM.

I do hope it gets sorted satisfactorily.