You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Controversially...

edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Tonight's edition of OmaHartigan will feature some No Limit Hold'em!

Yes, at 8pm, I'll be taking a short break from Pot Limit Omaha to play the £5.5k Bounty Hunter.

Between 7pm and 8pm you'll find me at the 5p/10p PLO cash tables.

Later, once I've busted from the tournament (shouldn't take long), I'll resume my PLO session at the 10p/20p tables.

Hope to see you later,

James.

Comments

• edited February 2010
    I dont think I will be able to join you James, no buyins from me :(
  • edited February 2010
    look forward to the lesson, take it easy on me as i am fragile!!
  • edited February 2010
    James Hartigan picks Machka for the pen (PMSL), I was happy to get a mention m8, It wasnt a problem :)
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Controversially...:
    James Hartigan picks Machka for the pen (PMSL), I was happy to get a mention m8, It wasnt a problem :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    I was outraged Barry!

If you PM me your address I have a spare pen from the APAT tourney

Dave
  • edited February 2010
    Posted by acebarry10
    Well, it wasn't easy picking between you and Cowgomoo for the 'Joke of the Night' award, Barry.

Ed, Matt and Dave moan about how difficult it is to cut people from Total Player.  Pah!  Last night, I made the toughest decision that anyone will EVER have to make on Sky Poker.

Personally, I think you deserve (at the very least!) a Sky Poker pen for all your efforts on this forum.  And I will do everything I can to ensure you get a piece of branded stationary :-)

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Controversially... : Well, it wasn't easy picking between you and Cowgomoo for the 'Joke of the Night' award, Barry. Ed, Matt and Dave moan about how difficult it is to cut people from Total Player.  Pah!  Last night, I made the toughest decision that anyone will EVER have to make on Sky Poker. Personally, I think you deserve (at the very least!) a Sky Poker pen for all your efforts on this forum.  And I will do everything I can to ensure you get a piece of branded stationary :-)
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Hi James

Its not a problem honest :)
  • edited February 2010
    Hope to see you on the omaha tables, plan on winning £11 quick to pay for the bounty hunter @ 8.00pm
  • edited February 2010

ITS AN OUTRAGE,A PURE SCANDAL,NOTHING SHORT OF A CONSPIRACY,MOVE IT TO AREA 51 NOW.LOL OR YOU COULD JUST GIVE BAZ A PEN.dav

• edited February 2010
    OK, let's do this!

I'm at Madeley (5p/10p PLO)...
  • edited February 2010
    Also at Broseley.  Same stakes.
  • edited February 2010
    Well, that's the end of my first PLO session.

And what a horrible session.

I got stacked THREE times by mabsue!  He got me on the river - twice.  And the third time?  Well, I wasn't concentrating and butchered the hand.  I only have myself to blame for an inexcusable lack of focus.  Sigh.

Anyway, I may be down 30 quid after an hour's play, but the evening's only just begun...

I'm currently playing the 8pm BH tournament.  And then I'll be frequenting the 10p/20p PLO tables.

Big shout out to some of the players who witnessed my pain and suffering at the 5p/10p tables: 35suited, SolarCarro, SoLack, YoYo999, BURNShurtz, mmmchips, Sellers and HuFlungPu.

• edited February 2010
    Er...I'm not having a very good night!

I lasted a whole NINE minutes in the Bounty Hunter (I went broke by over-playing QQ).

I clearly need to take a break.  So, give me 20 minutes - and then I'll open up a couple of Omaha cash tables :-)
  • edited February 2010

Lol, I know the feeling James.

Good Luck when you return.

I'm having a mare too, I'm being called with the weirdest of hands!

• edited February 2010
    I've (almost) de-tilted and have taken a seat at Purfleet - 10p/20p PLO.
  • edited February 2010
    I'm also at Ickham...
  • edited February 2010
    Posted by acebarry10
    Maybe we can work out something over custody of the pen, a pen-share if you like.

I could have it odd months and you even months?  Or maybe I can have the outer casing and you can nib and inky stick thing inside.

I'll speak to my lawyer in the morning and get the necessary paperwork drawn up.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Controversially... : Maybe we can work out something over custody of the pen, a pen-share if you like. I could have it odd months and you even months?  Or maybe I can have the outer casing and you can nib and inky stick thing inside. I'll speak to my lawyer in the morning and get the necessary paperwork drawn up.
    Posted by Machka
    Lololol
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Controversially... : Maybe we can work out something over custody of the pen, a pen-share if you like. I could have it odd months and you even months?  Or maybe I can have the outer casing and you can nib and inky stick thing inside. I'll speak to my lawyer in the morning and get the necessary paperwork drawn up.
    Posted by Machka
    You'll need a pen for that. Oh, wait......
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Controversially... : You'll need a pen for that. Oh, wait......
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hehehehehe
  • edited February 2010
    Well...

The second half of the evening went a lot better than the first.  I played 10p/20p PLO for nearly three hours with the likes of Llamaman (a formidable heads-up opponent), bigbloke, BigRed123, onlyme7304, MADMOO, Bashi, legs200, ghf, minty11, mabsue (again!), DOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and darich (who, when I left the table, had the better part of £100 in front of him).

I managed to turn things around and finished the session - and the evening - in profit!  Yes, I'm up £6!!!

However, when you take into account my £11 buy-in for the 8pm BH, I actually made a £5 loss.  But please don't let this minor detail detract from a great comeback story :-)

Next Monday, Tikay will be hosting the Omaha tables (in between naps) as I'll be on a plane from Copenhagen to Las Vegas.  But I'll see you on Monday 1st March for more ... OmaHartigan!

• edited February 2010
    good fun as ever - on a bit of a heater at the moment - seem to be hitting everything - sure it won't last....good comeback james - almost lazarusesque!
  • edited February 2010
    I only joined the table late,had about 20 mins with you james but enjoyed the time i had.Very well done to darich.dav