You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£20 Gtd Omaha FR at 5.30pm

edited December 2016 in Poker Chat
Just a quick queston. Why are the rebuys and add ons not added to the prizepool for this tournament? On this occassion the rebuys and add ons amounted to £10.50. But, i have seen times where they have exceeded £20.  

Comments

• edited December 2016
    whenever I have beenin these freebuys and they have exceeded the guarantee in rebuys it was added to the prize pool, I assume it was an error in the set up, I doubt they would not add it to the pool deliberately.
  • edited December 2016
    The real question is why rebuy? I've seen players rebuy constantly to the point where they need to win it to break even...crazy!
  • edited December 2016
    there is a £20 Gte, if the rebuys and addons exceed the £20 it is added to the prizepool eg if there are a total of £30 rebuys and addons the prizepool is £30.

if the rebuys & addons total £10 then the £20 is the prizepool, to add them all on to the prizepool would be like Sky Poker giving a double freeroll ..... this is the same across all tournaments
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: £20 Gtd Omaha FR at 5.30pm:
    there is a £20 Gte, if the rebuys and addons exceed the £20 it is added to the prizepool eg if there are a total of £30 rebuys and addons the prizepool is £30. if the rebuys & addons total £10 then the £20 is the prizepool, to add them all on to the prizepool would be like Sky Poker giving a double freeroll ..... this is the same across all tournaments
    Posted by scouse_red
    I have screen shots of one where the rebuys and add ons exceeded £20 but the prizepool stayed at £20. I don't understand why people rebuy in a £20 freeroll. Seems ridiculous to me,
  • edited December 2016
    If youhad an mtt buy in of 50 pence and prize fund was 40 pence i guarantee you would have people regging for it.

Ger
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: £20 Gtd Omaha FR at 5.30pm : I have screen shots of one where the rebuys and add ons exceeded £20 but the prizepool stayed at £20. I don't understand why people rebuy in a £20 freeroll. Seems ridiculous to me,
    Posted by maybenever
    if they arethe photos you've included, they haven't been approved yet
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: £20 Gtd Omaha FR at 5.30pm : I have screen shots of one where the rebuys and add ons exceeded £20 but the prizepool stayed at £20. I don't understand why people rebuy in a £20 freeroll. Seems ridiculous to me,
    Posted by maybenever
    Do you though?
  • edited December 2016
     17 rebuys @ .50p = £8.50
      4 add ons @ .50p= £2.00

Total = £10.50 well short of gtd.
  • edited December 2016
    not a freeroll then the £20 should already be accounted for, any addon or rebuys should be added to prize pool but hey thats just my thinking. 
  • edited December 2016
    not a freeroll then the £20 should already be accounted for, any addon or rebuys should be added to prize pool but hey thats just my thinking. 
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    Its £20 guaranteed not £20 added. 
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: £20 Gtd Omaha FR at 5.30pm : Its £20 guaranteed not £20 added. 
    Posted by MattBates
    this

if it were £20 added the prizepool would be £30.50 ..... however as it is guaranteed, and. the rebuys ande addons are less than the guarantee it just means Sky Poker are giving away slightly less