You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

9pm tonight £55?

edited December 2016 in Poker Chat

just to note, just in case...

It is showing as a £55 whereas normally on friday it is £110.

is this intended?

Comments

• edited December 2016

Hi Rob,

I'm no wiser than you are, but I fancy it may be by design - weird night tonight, with Office Parties, booze ups & that sort of stuff.

If I hear any different, I'll let you know.

• edited December 2016

Hi again Rob,

It IS intended to be as shown.

The Summit thing got killed by the success of the avenger BH Rebuy, & dropped a ton of money last week, so this replaces it.
  • ommomm
    edited December 2016
    Oh dear, was quite looking forward to this tonight. How we gonna cope with a £110 every night for a month if we give up on this after a bad week? (Sorry for the potential grenade)
  • edited December 2016
    Summit got dropped?! Noooooooooo
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: 9pm tonight £55?:
    Oh dear, was quite looking forward to this tonight. How we gonna cope with a £110 every night for a month if we give up on this after a bad week? (Sorry for the potential grenade)
    Posted by omm
    2 weeks, not a week, with overlay of around £2,000 (can't remember the actual number) & £2,600 respectively the last 2 weeks.

It simply ran into the revised Avenger BH main. When the Avenger was a regular Rebuy, Summit performed well. Once Avenger was converted to a BH Rebuy, it took off, but in doing so, it killed Summit.

The 2 were just too close together.

Hand grenade caught, safely defused, & handed back like a boss.

• edited December 2016
    I am disappointed that the summit has been removed from the schedule without trying it with a reduced guarantee.  I think the £10k guarantee, requiring 100 runners was always a bit ambitious ttutt.  The £55 jobbie gets between 45 and 65 runners on a regular basis and so a guarantee of £5k or £6k would work for the summit imo.

The sky high roller bh also missed the guarantee this week and so I assume that will be cancelled too (post ukops).

What happened to the Sky tells the forum of changes in advance idea?  Seems it is the Aussie spots the changes game now ha ha.
  • edited December 2016
    Just lower the GT until it finds its level.
    I dont think I have ever decided (online) to not play something because the GT is to low.
    Surely its better to start with a 5k GT and make 8k consistantly ,then maybe it will grow in time and the GT can be increased.
    Just changing the tourney because the GT was set to high seems a bit strange to me.
    Please dont change the £220 BH high roller , just lower the GT a bit.
  • ommomm
    edited December 2016
    Just lower the GT until it finds its level. I dont think I have ever decided (online) to not play something because the GT is to low. Surely its better to start with a 5k GT and make 8k consistantly ,then maybe it will grow in time and the GT can be increased. Just changing the tourney because the GT was set to high seems a bit strange to me. Please dont change the £220 BH high roller , just lower the GT a bit.
    Posted by jonjo75

Great idea, maybe the reverse should happen, start off lower and reward loyalty and player base by increasing if it hits the gte every week. I'm sure a well known poker rom has done this in the past. 
  • edited December 2016
    I am disappointed that the summit has been removed from the schedule without trying it with a reduced guarantee.  I think the £10k guarantee, requiring 100 runners was always a bit ambitious ttutt.  The £55 jobbie gets between 45 and 65 runners on a regular basis and so a guarantee of £5k or £6k would work for the summit imo. The sky high roller bh also missed the guarantee this week and so I assume that will be cancelled too (post ukops). What happened to the Sky tells the forum of changes in advance idea?  Seems it is the Aussie spots the changes game now ha ha.
    Posted by SoLack
    Ha, never seen "ttutt" before, but I instantly knew what it meant. (Or I think I do). Presumably it is a sort of phonetic version of ttytt? Very good.

If the Office notify me of MTT changes I always stick them on the Forum, no exceptions. If they don't, I can't, I'm sorry to say. They do tell me of MTT changes in most cases, maybe they forgot on this occasion.  

• edited December 2016

Some good news for Mr Sad, jonjo, & devil_tear.

Summit & Sky High have NOT been dropped.

They won't be running during UKOPS, nor will they run in January, during the Bounty Hunter Champion Promo, but they will return after that.