You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THE FIVEOO - THURS 16TH JULY

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
Yes Ladies and Gents,

The FiveOO is back at 9pm tonight on Channel 865 and Live Webstream.

In the studio are Richard Orford and Tikay....Yes, he's finally back from Vegas!

Playing in The Sports Star Challenge is Soccer Saturday's Alan McInally.

Make sure you get all your messages in to this thread or email to skyopen@bskyb.com

Good luck tonight,

Andy

Comments

• edited July 2009

Can't wait!

Get those e-Mails in please!
  • edited July 2009
    Richard and tikay back together great stuff.

I am sitting, waiting with baited breath (Oh those maggots taste good) to hear the banter we have missed so much.

As you both know I am playing in the five 00 and would like to say a big THANK YOU to Rich on air, he may have missed it the the first 3 times.

You never know, with a following wind (Beans were nice too) and a little poker god help lets see how deep can get.

Keep up the good work
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE FIVEOO - THURS 16TH JULY:
    Richard and tikay back together great stuff. I am sitting, waiting with baited breath (Oh those maggots taste good) to hear the banter we have missed so much. As you both know I am playing in the five 00 and would like to say a big THANK YOU to Rich on air, he may have missed it the the first 3 times. You never know, with a following wind (Beans were nice too) and a little poker god help lets see how deep can get. Keep up the good work
    Posted by acebarry10
    You are a true gentleman Barry. We'll try to look at some of your hands tonight. Good Luck

Andy
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE FIVEOO - THURS 16TH JULY : You are a true gentleman Barry. We'll try to look at some of your hands tonight. Good Luck Andy
    Posted by Sky_Andy
    Bazza... if your talking about winning the tourny naming comp, then they are 2 seerate rich's... 1 is a backroom Suit at sky the other is Orford the presenter... heaven forbid Orford working behind the scenes on sky, place would go in meltdown :-D
  • edited July 2009
    Will this also be broadcast on Sky Sports after 10pm or can we expect a whole night of messing around? lol
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Rich and Tikay, it`s nice to have the "A" Team back again

Two Questions for Tikay, as he stated he would be bringing his train books along

What type of locomotive is the Hogwarts express?

When in vegas did you feed your wild side...

Rich. answer below
    Great Western Railway Hall Class, no. 5972 "Olton Hall" on display at Doncaster Works open day on 27 July 2003. This locomotive is used to haul the Hogwarts Express in the Harry Potter films

Gary
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE FIVEOO - THURS 16TH JULY : You are a true gentleman Barry. We'll try to look at some of your hands tonight. Good Luck Andy
    Posted by Sky_Andy
    Dont forget me Andy :D ... im gonna be playing!! ;-)
  • edited July 2009
    Hi guys,

Dowzer - we are not simulcasting on Sky Sports but I assure you I am currently having a chat with Mr. Orford about 'towing' and 'lines'.

Flash. I won't forget about you either mate.
  • edited July 2009
    I say let Rich loose, get him to show some of his acting skills.... captain's log and all that :)
  • edited July 2009
    Hi guys, Dowzer - we are not simulcasting on Sky Sports but I assure you I am currently having a chat with Mr. Orford about 'towing' and 'lines'. Flash. I won't forget about you either mate.
    Posted by Sky_Andy
    Are you going caravanning?

:O Anyway, don't be hard on him - the banter and the "messing around" is what makes him and TK the success they are and is what makes me want to watch and Im sure others agree! They still do get the job done (and very well in IMO) but make the show much more enjoyable than just doing a straight laced/boring poker show :)
  • edited July 2009
    tikay

I dont know if you are aware, but they are running a £40.00 freezout tournament on Wednesdays at Napoloeons Owlerton.

I know it was one of your favourite places for poker, so thought you should know

Cheers m8
  • edited July 2009
    Hi guys, Dowzer - we are not simulcasting on Sky Sports but I assure you I am currently having a chat with Mr. Orford about 'towing' and 'lines'. Flash. I won't forget about you either mate.
    Posted by Sky_Andy
    We all wish we could forget about Flash yet he keeps popping back up again.  Andy, whilst your giving Rich a chat about towing and lines, why not also give him a chat about position and keeping chips ;) oh.......... and I'm playing tonight as well - don't miss me out lol
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE FIVEOO - THURS 16TH JULY : We all wish we could forget about Flash yet he keeps popping back up again.  Andy, whilst your giving Rich a chat about towing and lines, why not also give him a chat about position and keeping chips ;) oh.......... and I'm playing tonight as well - don't miss me out lol
    Posted by phil12uk
    WARNING!!!!!

Dont talk to Phil he has Swine flu... Oink Oink

Oinkment is on its way to you m8, dont worry.

P.S stop rolling in mud
  • edited July 2009
    Swine flu alert over!!!!!! I have a vile bacteria bug that is festering away in my stomach :( It's now exactly a week since I was able to keep anything down (even water).  Great for the figure before the hols tho so that's one good thing.  Also doesn't affect my game as you'll see tonight my young friend when I last longer than you and take this tourney down!
  • edited July 2009
    Well im happy to say i will be playing tonight, £22 is a bit steep for me so thought i would try my luck in one of the £1 satellites this afternoon, won a seat in the five 00 semi this evening. the semi has just finished and i was lucky enough to win one of the seats into the main event tonight.

happy days, not bad for a quid :)
  • edited July 2009
    Well im happy to say i will be playing tonight, £22 is a bit steep for me so thought i would try my luck in one of the £1 satellites this afternoon, won a seat in the five 00 semi this evening. the semi has just finished and i was lucky enough to win one of the seats into the main event tonight. happy days, not bad for a quid :)
    Posted by mike1975
    Well done Mike - your post just inspired me to have a crack at a satellite. It, errrrr, started at 7 and I am out at 7.03 - pocket 10's beaten by pocket 5's hitting a straight! Grrrrrrr!
  • edited July 2009
    Hi all,

No word of a lie but Tikay was shown how to use a microwave oven tonight. I thought I was a bad cook, but at least I could always fall back on frozen microwave meals. What does Tikay do for food? The mind boggles.

He seemed quite impressed with the microwave. He said 'I reckon these things will catch on'

Tonight, I hope to be bringing him up to speed with other things from the past 100 years.

If you can think of any major inventions/ historical events that you think Tikay should be informed about, then please jot them down here in a way he can understand, so I can read them out on the show.

E.g. The Boer War is now over and, to break the news to him gently, Queen Victoria is said to be feeling a little poorly

Cheers!
  • edited July 2009
    . He seemed quite impressed with the microwave. He said 'I reckon these things will catch on'  Cheers!
    Posted by RichOrford
    LOL!

Have a good night all, dont think im gonna enter it too busy sleepstaking, but will be watching the show!
  • edited July 2009
    lol more than a little scary, just out of interest is Tikay aware that when he stands in front of the big boxes with numbers on,.....we can all see him? :)
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE FIVEOO - THURS 16TH JULY : LOL! Have a good night all, dont think im gonna enter it too busy sleepstaking, but will be watching the show!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    changed my mind, im in! if i make the hour break ill be amazed, not got a good record in the 500
  • edited July 2009
    Welcome back to the A team

Rich

Has Tikay been informed that food can be stored in a new fangled contraption called a fridge

It replaces the victorian ice cellar, this as Tikay`s probably remembers was filled with ice in the winter to keep food fresh through the summer

This was considered a new idea and would not catch on when he was a kid

LOL
  • edited July 2009

An old man called Tikay from Sky
    Let out an extremely big sigh
    "No-one else seems to know
    About my faithful old po"
    (for flushing toilets had passed him right by)

• edited July 2009
    Andy,

This is a good hand

177356062 (21:17 16/07/2009)
  • edited July 2009
    Dear Richard and tk,
    this is just to let tk know but it may upset him not all trains are fuelled by coal on the mainline. Most of them went to the scrap yard in the sky in 1968. karlluke
  • edited July 2009
    has tikay not heard of the microwave bed either u get 8 hours sleep in 10 minutes.
  • edited July 2009
    I'm in tears here! Blue rubber gloves for Dave and "Alan" ... 
    Brilliant show folks, from the Nosey of the Bonk.

• edited July 2009
    I'm in tears here! Blue rubber gloves for Dave and "Alan" ...  Brilliant show folks, from the Nosey of the Bonk.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    LOL that was classic! recorded it for 'Alana' to watch.:) You ok elliot?
  • edited July 2009
    Hi guys,
    My first Open tonight. Only been playing on Sky a few months and become a regular (Ex PS) mainly due to the banter and the feeling of 'community'.
    If you read this out I promise to post a picture of me in my Harry Potter outfit....my alias is FatHarry cos I look like a Fat Harry Potter
    Keep up the good work and BIG shout for Will, I followed the tread like I was there......If only
  • edited July 2009
    Anyone dubious about the amount of 3 outers that seem to appear? Not another moaning story becasue I was knocked out because i've hot more than my fair share too.

It seems to me that a short stack all in, (either myself or opponent) with AK v AJ will lose to a J (For example) or QQ loses to 88. I've only played on the TV tourney's here but this has happened un-naturally often - as I say both in my favour and against me. Could it be a way of quickly getting the numbers down?

I've played poker online since 2003 on various sie's but have never seen so many 80/20 shots lose when all in.
  • edited July 2009
    Evening gents.

After the success of Tikay's tourney last night, I just wondered if you'd had any luck getting your own named tourney yet Rich?