You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS Day FOUR Blog now up.........

edited January 2017 in Poker Chat

A Dire ending to Sky Poker UKOPS Day 4

HERE

Comments

• edited December 2016

Today's Blog includes a link to some interesting photos of a few Sky Poker veterans.
  • edited December 2016

So that's it from me for UKOPS XVIII, & I hope some of you enjoyed my wittering & waffling.

Until the next time, over & out.

• edited December 2016
    Great work over the week TK. Really enjoyed MOST of the write ups :-)

I was quite glad to bust early last night, I needed to wash my hair.
  • edited December 2016
    Great blog as always Tikay, always a pleasure to read this seeing who's won what.
    In terms of the leaderboards it appears that me and _Smoothe_ have the same points, and currently it says he has £100 more, I assume that we will be credited with the same amount.
    Another great ukops, and nice to see the omaha's do well, especially the hi-lo. I really like the addition of the leaderboards and hope they feature again in the next one
  • edited December 2016
    nice rightup tickay, thanks.

PLO8 was a nice addition to the leaderboard, found myself playing it to compete for points and had alot of fun.

I think some of the success of the PLO8 came from people like me picking it up for leaderboard points who woud never normally touch the game! perhaps thats how you can tie in future similar tournaments.

On a side note, any chance at a hyperturbo sng's promotion? To do similar things as the leaderboard promotion did for the PLO8 game. I would like to see these games run as on most sites they are quite popular, perhaps they need a kick start.
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: UKOPS Day FOUR Blog now up.........:
    Great blog as always Tikay, always a pleasure to read this seeing who's won what. In terms of the leaderboards it appears that me and _Smoothe_ have the same points, and currently it says he has £100 more, I assume that we will be credited with the same amount. Another great ukops, and nice to see the omaha's do well, especially the hi-lo. I really like the addition of the leaderboards and hope they feature again in the next one
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    I don't know the answer to that, Groggs, but I'll try & find out.
  • edited December 2016
    Enjoyed the UKOPS updates. Hopefully i,ll get a mention one day. Only played a few low buy ins but absolutely no where near in any
  • edited December 2016
    nice rightup tickay, thanks. PLO8 was a nice addition to the leaderboard, found myself playing it to compete for points and had alot of fun. I think some of the success of the PLO8 came from people like me picking it up for leaderboard points who woud never normally touch the game! perhaps thats how you can tie in future similar tournaments. On a side note, any chance at a hyperturbo sng's promotion? To do similar things as the leaderboard promotion did for the PLO8 game. I would like to see these games run as on most sites they are quite popular, perhaps they need a kick start.
    Posted by SkootaT
    Hi Skoota,

I agree with your first point, the Leaderboard Promo meant players who would not normally bother with PLO & PLO8 now played them. I did an analysis of who played them, & far & away the majority were NLH players who would not ordinarily move across to The Beautiful Game, which I mentioned in the Blogs.

Doubt The Business would run a Promo exclusively for HyperTurbo SNG's, but I'll pass the question up for you, & if I get a reply, let you know.

Well done to both you & Groggy in UKOPS, great performances by you both.
  • edited December 2016
    Great blog as always Tikay, always a pleasure to read this seeing who's won what. In terms of the leaderboards it appears that me and _Smoothe_ have the same points, and currently it says he has £100 more, I assume that we will be credited with the same amount. Another great ukops, and nice to see the omaha's do well, especially the hi-lo. I really like the addition of the leaderboards and hope they feature again in the next one
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    Hi again Groggs,

The Leaderboard points are correct, but the Dead Heat rules have not yet been applied. Payments will be made on Monday, & the correct payments, allowing for Dead Heats, WILL be paid.

In the case of you & Mr _Smoothe_, you will both receive £350, & not as (currently) shown on the Leaderboard. 

Are we cool? 
  • edited December 2016
    Excellent blog again Tikay.

But the link to the photo's isn't taking me to the correct page.
  • edited December 2016
    Great read again TK.

I'd like to congratulate Direwolf on winning the Main Event and also Jordz for winning the XMAS UKOPS TLB comp.

Outstanding stuff!

Jordz won the UKOPS PLO event and was 3rd in the UKOPS PLO8 event.

This clearly shows what a great versatile player he is, and it is absolutely appropriate that the spoils should go to someone that excels in all disciplines.

It's been a great UKOPS TK, thanks for all the blogs.

I am sure the leader board we have, was is in no small part, due to your influence. It was also very humbling to receive the very kind tribute from you.

Looking at the numbers from the last two UKOPS's, all these factors seem to be paying off, which is great to see.

Well done again Jordz, I enjoyed the battle, I left myself a lot to do on day 4, and I couldn't quite peg you back, but the victory could not have gone to a nicer bloke, who clearly has an outstanding game in all formats.

Happy New Year to you all!

Cheers,

G

P.S. Can I borrow your PLO and PLO8 books :=)

• edited December 2016
    Excellent blog again Tikay. But the link to the photo's isn't taking me to the correct page.
    Posted by dragon1964
    Ugh, sorry about that, no idea what happened there.

Try
    THIS
  • edited December 2016
    Great read again TK. I'd like to congratulate Jordz on winning the XMAS UKOPS TLB comp. Outstanding stuff! Winning the UKOPS PLO and 3rd in the UKOPS PLO8 shows what a great versatile player he is, and it is absolutely appropriate that the spoils should go to someone that excels in all disciplines. It's been a great UKOPS TK, thanks for all the blogs, and I am sure the leader board we have, was is in no small part due to your influence. Looking at the numbers from the last two UKOPS's, all these factors seem to be paying off, which is great to see. Well done again Jordz, I enjoyed the battle, couldn't quite peg you back on day 4, but the victory could not have gone to a nicer bloke, who clearly has an outstanding game in all formats. Happy New Year! Cheers, G P.S. Can I borrow your PLO and PLO8 books :=)
    Posted by StayOrGo
    When I've finished writing them, yes, of course Graham. ;)

Really enjoyed watching you fight for that Leaderboard, great stuff. You lost to a great competitor, too, but it was a coin flip I'd say.
  • edited December 2016

jordz16 won a ukops festival 2 years ago, or was it something similar.  i recall him tearing up the final day.  4 wins?.  so quite a magnificent performance... again.

wp jordan, excellent.

• edited January 2017
    Cheers guys, really enjoyed reading the blogs each day, definitely wouldnt have played any Plo or Plo8 if it wasnt for the leaderboard so i thought that was a great edition too!
  • edited January 2017
    Great read yet again.

These blogs certainly compliment the events to a tee, ticking boxes left, right and centre.

Catch up on previous days action, check.

Enjoy seeing familiar faces getting a ribbing, and the possibility of a name check, erm..check.

All cleverly put together in a well written comedic blog, well 2 out of 3 ain't bad I suppose.

Happy new year Tony, Sky team and players alike.

Best wishes for a prosperous 2017.