You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SPPPPOTY 2016

edited January 2017 in Poker Chat

SPPPOTY = Sky Poker Player/Personality/Person Of The Year 2016

Lots of people have contributed to the Sky Poker Community in many different ways in 2016.

There no correct answer, & no prizes, but give me the 3 names you think have earned the most respect of the community here in 2016, & tell us why you nominated them.

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Stayorgo
    Stayorgo
    Stayorgo
  • edited January 2017
    Only 3? That's hard.
    1) Tikay 10 - Toughest gig in Poker, keeping everyone happy done with style. Helpful above and beyond the call of duty.
    2) Jac35 - life stuff, poker stuff, great diary, moans when needed, great guy.
    3) Stay or Go - Community spirit at its finest, great help to newbies and pro's alike, fine work off the tables too.

Honourable mentions to Phantom,Aussie,Hrry,Dohh, I could go on....and on. :)
  • edited January 2017

I would have to nominate Tom.

The way he deals with life and the things it can throw at you is a real inspiration.

His diary is a must read. I am always amazed when reading how he can keep a diary so upbeat despite everything going on.

He is also a really good guy and always available for a chat.

Its people like him , Jac and yourself that makes me come back every day for a read.

The forum and Sky Community comes in for unfair criticism but it has helped me in the last couple of months.

So from the community I would like to thank Jac , CPFC , LMFAllin , HHY , Hendrik and Tom.

• edited January 2017
    Stayorgo
    Ajmilton
    Tikay
  • edited January 2017
    Scouse Red
    Darkangel
    StayorGo

• edited January 2017
    Ice_Tiger     Tremendous courage. Even trying to facilitate games days before his passing.

StayOrGo.    Puts himself out for others.

EssexPhil.   Gave a great example of what can be achieved.
  • edited January 2017
    Steve Ball
    Graham Carter
    Tikay

Steve was always great and curteous at the tables and how he dealt with the hand he was given was an inspiration to us all.
    Graham for his selfless work with charity and also in helping other poker players to improve. Always takes his good and bad beats well.
    Tikay, I know didn't start this thread for himself but what a great ambasador he is for Sky and poker.  Going above and beyond the call of duty to improve the experience for us all.

Thanks to you three and the many more that make playing poker on sky great fun and help me improve at the great game.
  • edited January 2017
    Stay or Go for everything that he's done on for the community and also being an all round good guy

Irishrose, just because she's Rose, very generous, kind, compassionate and caring and loved by everyone and can play poker very well, just wish she would realise this and she shouldn't doubt her ablitlites.

Chilling, for being funny and sarcastic and an all round good person
  • edited January 2017
    ICE_TIGER

for his excellent contributions, to feedback and questions, on the community.
    Always a gent at the tables, never a cross word from him, and for what he faced,
    during the whole of 2016. despite the inevitable, He was always looking forward, 
    even days before his passing, he was planing to play live poker events in 2017.
    You don't need a dictionary to find the meaning of the word courage, 
    just google Steve Ball, R.I.P

STAYORGO

For his tireless efforts on the forum, this guy just gives.

SCOUSE_RED

Generous with his time and effort on the community.
    Where would we be without table. ;-)

That's 3 I could go on, there are so many more that deserve a mention 

• edited January 2017

I will give you three sets of names.

1) GaryQQQ, Aussie, all the DTD/Orfordable admins, ScouseRed and all others who have contributed in giving their time to the community by uploading  results/tables etc. An often thankless task.

2) Everyone on the charity thread who either participates or contributes.

3) The whole Admin team (headed by Tikay of course) from Sky Poker in keeping this community forum going.
  • edited January 2017
    Stayorgo, this guy just keeps on giving 
    Tikay, just a legend who holds the sky poker community together
    Garyqqq, tournament results thread obvs for so many years
  • edited January 2017
    Stayorgo - The Charity thread is brilliant. And he's simply a nice guy as well

Aussie09 - I don't always see eye to eye with Rob. However, I have a lot of respect for the huge amount of work he puts into his tables which people like and brings people to the forum. He's opinionated but I like that. He makes the forum a better place.

Tomgoodun - Tom is my hero. His thread is wonderful. A truly inspiring man. He writes with such charm and wit. He never has a bad a word for anyone. He hates to see rows and tries to calm them. I'd urge anyone who hasn't read his thread in the rail to have a look. I'd love to see his thread moved to poker chat where more would see it.  
  • edited January 2017
    I'll go for the 3 diaries I read the most in 2016...

Jac35
    Rlt
    Dohhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • edited January 2017
    StayorGo

Dohhhhhh

GaryQQQ
  • edited January 2017
    Tikay for endless trips upstairs

Tom for inspiring diary.

RTL for his  diary.

Aussie for his dedication. 

Stayorgo obvously.

• edited January 2017
    tikay

Stay or go

Weechez - good to see such an enthusiastic poster for someone new to the game
  • edited January 2017
    Aussie Aussie Aussie
    Oi oi oi
  • edited January 2017
    Man!! 3 is hard....

Been thinking about this for few days.  BTW I really liked Maxally's post and totally agree with it but....

I've gone for the posters whose posts in 2016 I "CLICKED" on first  when I logged in .... and a few others I've met on the tables & admired along the way....

GOLD - GARYQQQ - for services to "I came 3rd in the mini last night and I'll see my name on Gary's thread" WHOOHOO!  I still miss his thread!

SILVER - TIKAY1/10  - for services to "OH NO....TK had a comp today and I'm late hame and I've been left with rubbish!"  OH and services to Skypoker in general of course....

BRONZE - DOHHHHHHH or as I call him.. DO7H - for services to "the diary ofreclusive.. pizza eating, beer swilling, poker players everywhere" .  JJD Has turned his life around this year.  I was gonna give him GOLD but, he's been to Scotland wayy too many times this year.

Now for those "who didn't  quite make it" ....

SCOUSEBLUE "cough" - for services to " Spreadsheets everywhere"  ;-)

STAYORGO - for services to charity..but when you're on my table, I prefer GO!

SOLACK - for services to being always there..

I'm running short of names now so...last one....

MATTBATES - ;-)  

Pad

• edited January 2017
    In no particular order.

Darkangel - Great personality, always cheering and showing support in chatbox, genuinely brightens up my day. 

Aussie 09/ GaryQQQ - Agree with comments above, for the continued effort they put in with recording results.

StayorGo aka the G-dog. I echo the sentiments above, great charity initiative, and seems like an all round nice fella. Not a bad poker player either.  ;)

• edited January 2017

Morning.

Firstly, please don't include me in these replies, as I'm just doing my job, & I actually enjoy fielding questions & helping folks. I've very appreciative of those who mentioned me though. For those that did NOT nominate me, I've arranged for the DOOM switch to be turned on for you. That'll teach you.

So let's now whittle the most popular nominees down.

• edited January 2017

The 10 most popular nominees seem to be (in alphabetical order);

Aussie09

Darkangel

Dohhhhhhh

EssexPhil

GaryQQQ

Ice_Tiger

JAC35

Scouse_Red

StayOrGo

Tomgoodun

• edited January 2017

So, from that list, please nominate your TOP 5.
  • edited January 2017
    Jac35
    Stay or Go
    Ice Tiger
    Aussie 09 
    Dohh
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: SPPPPOTY 2016:
    In no particular order. Darkangel - Great personality, always cheering and showing support in chatbox, genuinely brightens up my day.  Aussie 09/ GaryQQQ - Agree with comments above, for the continued effort they put in with recording results. StayorGo aka the G-dog. I echo the sentiments above, great charity initiative, and seems like an all round nice fella. Not a bad poker player either.  ;)
    Posted by devil_tear
    This would be my 3 also !
  • edited January 2017
    Tom
    Stay or go
    Aussie
    Dark Angel
    Garyqqq

• edited January 2017
    Tomgoodun
    JAC35
    Ice_Tiger
    StayOrGo
    Dohhhhhhh

• edited January 2017
    Tom
    Gary
    Dohhh
    Dark A

Jac
  • edited January 2017
    I would have nominated phantom had I seen this in time, but of the 10 'finalists'?

Garyqqq
    Aussie09
    Scouse Red
    Jac35
    stayorgo

• ommomm
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: SPPPPOTY 2016:
    The 10 most popular nominees seem to be (in alphabetical order); Aussie09 Darkangel Dohhhhhhh EssexPhil GaryQQQ Ice_Tiger JAC35 Scouse_Red StayOrGo Tomgoodun
    Posted by Tikay10
    Certainly think Phantom is missing from this list. Contributes a lot to the forum and also puts a lot of work into the FA Cup comp, which he set up and runs and is extremely popular. Possible to add him to the list?
  • edited January 2017

^^^^

Yes, of course, feel free to add Phants to the list.

I was just trying to whittle it down to a more manageable list of names, & at that point, nobody had mentioned Phantom.