You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bounty Hunter Champion starts tomorrow (Monday 2nd January)

2»

Comments

• edited January 2017

Hi MR Dirk.

I believe you were right, but it has been corrected now.

I think the top row had sort of slipped down one and was therefore out of sync, or something like that. Can't trust these thingymajigs, can you?

Sincere apologies.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Bounty Hunter Champion starts tomorrow (Monday 2nd January):
    Hi MR Dirk. I believe you were right, but it has been corrected now. I think the top row had sort of slipped down one and was therefore out of sync, or something like that. Can't trust these thingymajigs, can you? Sincere apologies.
    Posted by Tikay10

Great job again TK in getting this sorted so quickly, and very honest of you Dirk! :=)

• edited January 2017
    Hi Tikay,

It's all sorted now. Thanks very much...dropped to 2nd now!

Dirk

• edited January 2017

Very honest of you Mr Dirk, & I hope you do well in this, which would be fully deserved.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Bounty Hunter Champion starts tomorrow (Monday 2nd January) : Great job again TK in getting this sorted so quickly, and very honest of you Dirk! :=)
    Posted by StayOrGo
    We can thank the Department called "Gaming Ops" for that Graham, they were on it like a shot, I just send them a few messages.

There were some comical scenes at my end, though.

I have a personal laptop which I use for playing poker, & another "Company" Laptop which I use for work stuff. Only the Company Laptop can process/send/receive/see Company e-Mails, & I can't play poker on it.

So I had started my evening poker session at around 5.30pm, as usual, & soon had 5 tables running.

Then this thread appeared - I can see it on my I-Pad, which I use to monitor the forum whilst pokering but cannot action it via I-Pad - so I was juggling 5 tables, with all the binging & bonging going off, at the same time as sending & receiving e-Mails on the company lappie, & replying to the thread on the I-Pad. 3 pairs of hands & eyes would have been well useful.

The mystery is how I came to win 4 of the first 5 DYM's whilst all this was going off - then lose 4 on the bounce straight after.

Was a sight to behold. I never swore once. 15 or 20 times would be nearer the mark.  

• edited January 2017
    Just to add to more feedback on this promo

Im not rolled to play £110 tournaments often and the leaderboard prizes were too low to encourage me to  fire some of these a few nights a week.

Personally the way i would of gone about this promo is either add more money to the highroller pool or if there isnt a budget for that id go for 2 options

- have no leaderboard for highroller and add the 2k prizepool to the low and main leaderboards
     or 

- keep leaderboards for low and main, but no leaderboard for highroller but have 1k added in free money to the saturday and sunday £110 bounty hunters prizepools
  • edited January 2017
    Hi,

It's a shame that a few of the High Rollers didn't reach the guarantee this week.

I do agree with Arrogant to a degree.

I am sure if the High Roller TLB prize pool was slightly bigger and it was marketed well on social media, that it would breeze past the 100 runners every day. Although to pull the higher stakes players away from other sites, there has to be more value in the leader board.

I don't think many players are playing the H/R just because of the leader board, where as plenty of players will be playing the main and/or mini, just because of the leader board.

I really do want this to be a success for Sky, but the new MTT (ie the £110) is the one that is "vulnerable."

If part of what Sky have paid in overlay, could have been used in the prize pool, I believe it would have prevented overlay occurring, thus being more profitable for Sky.

Yes a bigger prize pool may suit me, but that's not why I am saying this. I really want these £110's to be successful for SkyPoker, so that perhaps they could become a regular feature.

I do think it is right however to offer significant money to the mini leader board, as it is the small stakes players that are the life blood of any poker site.

Having said all the above, even as it currently stands, these are FANTASTIC promotions. Great for MTT players and hopefully great for SkyPoker too.

So increase the prize pool (next weak perhaps even), flood social media with the details, you'll get your min 100 runners each day, I'm sure, thus creating a win/win situation.

Either way, I will spread the word with my poker contacts about how great these MTT's and promo's are!

Just a thought!

Cheers,

G

P.S. I know it's still early in the day, however the leader boards haven't been updated yet.

• edited January 2017
    Any updates on the leaderboard please.
  • edited January 2017

^^^

Fair question Jonjo, it should have been Updated by now imo.

I've sent a note up to The Team, as soon as I hear back I'll let you know.

Apologies for the delay, Friday is a really busy day in the Mother Ship, as all the week end repports have to be run, digested & acted upon. (The SB&G business week runs Friday to Thursday). No excuse though, it should be up by now.
  • edited January 2017
    ^^^ Fair question Jonjo, it should have been Updated by now imo. I've sent a note up to The Team, as soon as I hear back I'll let you know. Apologies for the delay, Friday is a really busy day in the Mother Ship, as all the week end repports have to be run, digested & acted upon. (The SB&G business week runs Friday to Thursday). No excuse though, it should be up by now.
    Posted by Tikay10

Thanks for chasing this TK.

For clarification, will they be updated Saturday and Sunday as well?

It would be useful to know who we are "chasing"

Are you manned for this at the weekend?

Cheers,

G

• edited January 2017

Jonjo,

There was a problem with CMS today, so nothing could be Updated.

It has now been fixed (dirt in the carburettor needle I think) and should be updated "imminently".

The under/over is 6pm. I'm on the Unders for a shilling.

Apologies for the hiccup.  
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Bounty Hunter Champion starts tomorrow (Monday 2nd January) : Thanks for chasing this TK. For clarification, will they be updated Saturday and Sunday as well? Are you manned for this at the weekend? Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Hi Graham,

Yes, they will be (should be....) Updated on Saturday & Sunday.

And yes, they are "manned" (Or Lady'd) for the weekend.

All these things are done "Gaming Ops". They are done Centrally (for all the SB&G Companies, all of who run Promos all the time) rather than by a dedicated member of the Poker Team.

Gaming Ops runs 7 days a week 365 days of the year, & the staff have staggered rotas so as to cover weekends, Bank Holidays, sickness & sudden attacks of piles or varicose veins.

And if any messages need carrying Upstairs from the players on this Forum, I'll be around all weekend.    
  • edited January 2017
    ^^^ Fair question Jonjo, it should have been Updated by now imo. I've sent a note up to The Team, as soon as I hear back I'll let you know. Apologies for the delay, Friday is a really busy day in the Mother Ship, as all the week end repports have to be run, digested & acted upon. (The SB&G business week runs Friday to Thursday). No excuse though, it should be up by now.
    Posted by Tikay10
    16. Leaderboards will be updated daily to display the number of bounties a player received for the week to date. Please allow up to 6pm the following day for leaderboards to be updated. 
  • edited January 2017

^^^^

Ha, not even late yet. 

Just almost late.

My Dad used to say to me "you were almost late", & it used to irritate me a tad, as I don't think you can be "almost late".

See also "was that photo taken when you were younger?" 
  • edited January 2017

Bounty Hunter Champion Leaderboards now updated. (as at 17.46).

The Unders have it.

Enjoy your evening at the Tables boys, I'm gonna fire up some tables now & win me a few bob. (Take the Unders).     
  • edited January 2017
    Hi, It's a shame that a few of the High Rollers didn't reach the guarantee this week. I do agree with Arrogant to a degree. I am sure if the High Roller TLB prize pool was slightly bigger and it was marketed well on social media, that it would breeze past the 100 runners every day. Although to pull the higher stakes players away from other sites, there has to be more value in the leader board. I don't think many players are playing the H/R just because of the leader board, where as plenty of players will be playing the main and/or mini, just because of the leader board. I really do want this to be a success for Sky, but the new MTT (ie the £110) is the one that is "vulnerable." If part of what Sky have paid in overlay, could have been used in the prize pool, I believe it would have prevented overlay occurring, thus being more profitable for Sky. Yes a bigger prize pool may suit me, but that's not why I am saying this. I really want these £110's to be successful for SkyPoker, so that perhaps they could become a regular feature. I do think it is right however to offer significant money to the mini leader board, as it is the small stakes players that are the life blood of any poker site. Having said all the above, even as it currently stands, these are FANTASTIC promotions. Great for MTT players and hopefully great for SkyPoker too. So increase the prize pool (next weak perhaps even), flood social media with the details, you'll get your min 100 runners each day, I'm sure, thus creating a win/win situation. Either way, I will spread the word with my poker contacts about how great these MTT's and promo's are! Just a thought! Cheers, G P.S. I know it's still early in the day, however the leader boards haven't been updated yet.
    Posted by StayOrGo

Hi Graham,

Keep an eye on the Forum tomorrow morning for news on increased Promo Activity, more satellites, & more seats via Freerolls to the BH Champion High Roller.

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Bounty Hunter Champion starts tomorrow (Monday 2nd January) : Hi Graham, Keep an eye on the Forum tomorrow morning for news on increased Promo Activity, more satellites, & more seats via Freerolls to the BH Champion High Roller.
    Posted by Tikay10

Sounds promising, I will look forward to that, thanks TK.

GL on the tables tonight my friend.

BTW, it's my birthday on Saturday 28th Jan, which happens, very fortunately to fall on:

CHELTENHAM TRIALS DAY

(Last day of racing at Cheltenham, before the festival itself, with lots of festival fancies running)

All being well, a few of us will be meeting up at Cheltenham Racecourse on that day.

Would be great if you could come.

Also if anyone else fancies it, send me a PM. Could be a nice way to meet up with a few friendly faces from Sky, and enjoy a bit of a punt together.

Cheers,

G