You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£210 HU hyper disconnection resolution

edited January 2017 in Priority
I sat 2 HUSNGs on 28th Dec vs Gazzeh, he was away / disconnected / had a PC problem or something and didn't show, he was blinded out. £105 and £210 BI games.

He hit me up a few days later, suggesting I ship him £210 back.

I dunno what the high stakes regs normally do but this seemed sporting, so I am doing this (have shipped most of it on PS already).

I'd invite sky to send me £20 for the rake for this game and for all intents and purposes we pretend the £210 game didn't happen. I realise that sky is not obliged to send anything back to anyone but I am trying to do the right thing.

Im also hoping this will be reciprocated by other regulars in the future if I am ever in a similar spot.

Happy New Year

E.W.

Comments

• edited January 2017
    good on you for shipping back. If it is a reg I know would do the same for me I would usually sit out for as long as I could.

Not sure how Sky will view this but maybe best to chat to CC :)
  • edited January 2017
    I think CC would auto refuse. Your best bet is likely just to hope one of the Sky employees that actively browse this forum are feeling particularly kind / generous. Perhaps a tournament token is more likely. 

I personally anything is unlikely. I don't even know why they would. You're still using their site to gamble - where that prize pool goes doesn't really matter I wouldn't think. 

I give you credit for your actions, but I'd say you have about a 4% chance of another regular doing the same for you in the reversed situation. Hat off though. 
  • edited January 2017
    IMo in this situation if you agre to give him the money back you should send him his buy in back, minus both of your rakes he should be willing to accept that as it was his issue he should cover that
  • edited January 2017
    Agreed. It's on the opponent to pay the rake, not Sky imo. 
  • edited January 2017
    Granite89 sat my £105 hyper husng, my table never popped up and so i was blinded out, I sent him a facebook message and the next day i saw him at the table, asked him to send back and I would pay rake and he claims its not the etiquette to do so.
    I understand getting sent back from a rec would be unreasonable to think so back from a respected reg I fully expected a full sent - me paying rake. pretty disappointed at the action that he chose.
  • edited January 2017
    just wanted to say that I feel its quite scummy not to send back but if thats how sky regs do here then meh.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: £210 HU hyper disconnection resolution:
    just wanted to say that I feel its quite scummy not to send back but if thats how sky regs do here then meh.
    Posted by RektSai
    Thanks for sharing that with us RektSai, riveting