You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Forum Fun Comp - £110 Bounty Hunter Champion HIGH ROLLER seat to be won

edited January 2017 in Poker Chat

Morning all.

First up, as the "official" Leaderboard from Sky Poker does not get published until at least midday, & it is best for all concerned to settle this soonest, I am going to use the numbers shown in Poker Super Hero, as I did yesterday. (They were shown to be 100% accurate yesterday, as always). If Rob has any issues with that, let me know please.

Comments

• edited January 2017

The correct answers yesterday were.......

21 Heads in the 8pm Main was way outside the expected range, & nobody got remotely close to that.
  • edited January 2017

Quick reminder of what the rules in the Opening Post stated.....

"If no correct answer, we'll use the Countback system again, as I did today. If that fails to provide a clear winner, it will be the nearest TOTAL guesses (i.e., add up all three guesses)."  
  • edited January 2017

So we move into countback mode.

It is actually extremely close, ironically because everyone was so far out on the first answer. Mondo1985 was nearest with 16. (Correct answer 21) 

TWO entrants got the 2nd & 3rd answers the wrong way round (they answered 10 - 11 when the answer was 11-10), but were way too low on Q1, & on total guesses, so unlucky to mumsie & glenelg.

There were 41 heads in total, & TWO players gave a total of 41 heads as their answer, but were way out in the individual guesses. They were MAXALLY & IANP84. Based on time posted, MAXALLY would win that countback. However, both were way out on individual guesses, being 17 adrift if looking at each of their 3 guesses. 

So the £110 prize goes to MONDO1985. He was closest on his first guess (16) & his three guesses were only 8 out (5 + 1 + 2). This was the closet "total heads" & also wins the countback.

Given how awkward this was to settle, & how it has all been in good heart so far, Sky Poker will also award an additional consolation prize (free entry into tonight's £33 Main Event) based on "total heads". MAXALLY & IANP84 tied for this, but MAXALLY shades it as he posted 2 hours & 40 minutes earlier than IANP84.

• edited January 2017

So, minus the waffle, these 2 players will be playing as Sky Poker's guests tonight as follows:

MONDO1985 - Bounty Hunter Champion High Roller, £110, @ 19.45

MAXALLY - Bounty Hunter Main, £33, @ 20.00

Commiserations to many of you who were, one way or another, a shade unlucky.
  • edited January 2017

Just a quick note to thank Chris, too - this is a nice fun comp, however it's a right ballache to manage & must have given Chris a few headaches, but he is doing a grand job.
  • edited January 2017
  • edited January 2017

Cheers Tikay. Aint got a scooby how you managed to rig it to award me a prize, but most grateful.
    ..... Thanks to Chris for his tables, Sky Poker for the entry, My Gran for giving me words of wisdom on her death bed many years ago, the postman for delivering me this news, the teacher who taught me to read and write, my lawyer who keeps me on the straight and narrow, and finally, thanks to everyone who voted for me.

.....hic
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Forum Fun Comp - £110 Bounty Hunter Champion HIGH ROLLER seat to be won:
    Just a quick note to thank Chris, too - this is a nice fun comp, however it's a right ballache to manage & must have given Chris a few headaches, but he is doing a grand job.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Seconded.

If I am honest, if it wasn't for the up to date tables, I would either not bother entering, or at the least pick a number and post it without checking if it was valid or not, because I never have time to scroll though all the posts and find a unique number. 

I am sure many are like me too. 

Thank you, sir.