You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Very Very Serious Complaint

edited January 2017 in Poker Chat
A number of people have said to me that I closely resemble the "bald headed man" avatar. When my grandkids have visited during the time that you covered the Open on the telly, every time that avatar popped up they used to shout "theres Tony" irrespective of the player it was representing. They thought that avatar was me.
We have friends that live in the Canaries, and we normally visit them for a couple of weeks at Christmas, and have just returned. As my passport was running out, I had to get a new one this year. As everyone knows a passport photo is around avatar size.
I was at Cardiff Airport queueing at the departure gate with my passport ready at the photograph page. I glanced at the photograph and suddenly thought avatar, but it wasnt. It was nowhere near the avatar.
I hadnt noticed before, but Sky have changed the avatar. Unbelievable, how could they think they could get away with this without a proper referendum. What happens now if you go back on the telly, and my Grandkids visit, they wont know its me, when it is.
I am absolutely devastated that Sky could have the audacity to change the avatar so comprehensively without any consultation with the players, but they have.
The new avatar is younger looking, thinner, and has a couple less chins.
How on earth do they expect to attract new players.
In addition practically every mtt on the site is a bounty hunter, and the starting stacks bear absolutely no relation to the buy ins.

Comments

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Very Very Serious Complaint:
    A number of people have said to me that I closely resemble the "bald headed man" avatar. When my grandkids have visited during the time that you covered the Open on the telly, every time that avatar popped up they used to shout "theres Tony" irrespective of the player it was representing. They thought that avatar was me. We have friends that live in the Canaries, and we normally visit them for a couple of weeks at Christmas, and have just returned. As my passport was running out, I had to get a new one this year. As everyone knows a passport photo is around avatar size. I was at Cardiff Airport queueing at the departure gate with my passport ready at the photograph page. I glanced at the photograph and suddenly thought avatar, but it wasnt. It was nowhere near the avatar. I hadnt noticed before, but Sky have changed the avatar. Unbelievable, how could they think they could get away with this without a proper referendum. What happens now if you go back on the telly, and my Grandkids visit, they wont know its me, when it is. I am absolutely devastated that Sky could have the audacity to change the avatar so comprehensively without any consultation with the players, but they have. The new avatar is younger looking, thinner, and has a couple less chins. How on earth do they expect to attract new players. In addition practically every mtt on the site is a bounty hunter, and the starting stacks bear absolutely no relation to the buy ins.
    Posted by HAYSIE

Great to see your complaint is being taken seriously x
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Very Very Serious Complaint:
    In Response to Very Very Serious Complaint : Great to see your complaint is being taken seriously x
    Posted by IrishRose
    Thankyou Rose, Iam glad someone is sympathetic.
  • edited January 2017
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Very Very Serious Complaint:
    A number of people have said to me that I closely resemble the "bald headed man" avatar. When my grandkids have visited during the time that you covered the Open on the telly, every time that avatar popped up they used to shout "theres Tony" irrespective of the player it was representing. They thought that avatar was me. We have friends that live in the Canaries, and we normally visit them for a couple of weeks at Christmas, and have just returned. As my passport was running out, I had to get a new one this year. As everyone knows a passport photo is around avatar size. I was at Cardiff Airport queueing at the departure gate with my passport ready at the photograph page. I glanced at the photograph and suddenly thought avatar, but it wasnt. It was nowhere near the avatar. I hadnt noticed before, but Sky have changed the avatar. Unbelievable, how could they think they could get away with this without a proper referendum. What happens now if you go back on the telly, and my Grandkids visit, they wont know its me, when it is. I am absolutely devastated that Sky could have the audacity to change the avatar so comprehensively without any consultation with the players, but they have. The new avatar is younger looking, thinner, and has a couple less chins. How on earth do they expect to attract new players. In addition practically every mtt on the site is a bounty hunter, and the starting stacks bear absolutely no relation to the buy ins.
    Posted by HAYSIE

That I doubt.

You are old, overweight, miserable, & obdurate.

• edited January 2017

PS - Love you really.

Not in a manly way, mind, more in the way a man loves his dog, or his carpet slippers.
  • edited January 2017
    PS - Love you really. Not in a manly way, mind, more in the way a man loves his dog, or his carpet slippers.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Packed up the cigs.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Very Very Serious Complaint : Packed up the cigs.
    Posted by HAYSIE
    and I prefer grumpy to miserable, and I only look old, and overweight because you changed the avatar.