You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hand analysis 10,000 Bounty Hunter

edited January 2017 in The Poker Clinic
I have recently been having my worst run i think its a combination of bad bets and me progressively playing worse due to that. any advice on how to overcome tilting. i have been a profitbale player in the past but starting to think its not possible anymore.

I would also like some feedbacl on the hand below as i feel i didnt play it great.

thanks for your help kerrnal

Tormas77 Small blind   40.00 40.00 4684.50
2Guys1Acct Big blind   80.00 120.00 3940.00
  Your hole cards

lerky Raise   200.00 320.00 12470.00
Granite89 Fold     
squeak13 Fold     
Kerrnal Call   200.00 520.00 9155.50
Tormas77 Fold     
2Guys1Acct Call   120.00 640.00 3820.00
Flop

• A

2Guys1Acct Check     
lerky Bet   280.00 920.00 12190.00
Kerrnal Call   280.00 1200.00 8875.50
2Guys1Acct Fold     
Turn

• Q

lerky Bet   805.00 2005.00 11385.00
Kerrnal Raise   2010.00 4015.00 6865.50
lerky Raise   2650.00 6665.00 8735.00
Kerrnal Call   1445.00 8110.00 5420.50
River

lerky Bet   6082.50 14192.50 2652.50
Kerrnal All-in   5420.50 19613.00 0.00
lerky Unmatched bet   662.00 18951.00 3314.50
lerky Show

Kerrnal Show

lerky Win Straight to the 5 18951.00   22265.50

Comments

• edited January 2017
    A lot of it will depend on what info you had on lerky really.

What sort of ranges do you think they are opening under the gun with? Are they aggreesive post flop without a hand?

Against some players I fold pre there, against others I reraise, in a vacuum you are probably ok calling to set mine but it's generally not my favoured option.

I think alarm bells should be ringing on the turn reraise, there are not many draws out there and I think you are now only ahead of Axh being played aggressively and behind to 33,AA, QQ and 45.  I don't see opponent the getting over excited if they have just picked up 2 pair with AQ.

I would consider folding to the turn reraise, even though you have the chance to hit a FH, they could be reverse implied odds against some of your opponents holdings.

I would definitely fold to the river bet, you are only beating a missed flush draw and you still have a playable stack given the blinds and other stacks at your table.
  • edited January 2017
    Should blank out villains name really.

Pre is fine. More than deep enough to peel and we have position as well. Folding seems overly nitty. Could 3bet but it is an UTG open so think flatting is ok and if the blinds come along too we have potential customers should we flop very well.

Think flop is fine, raising there could cost us value on further streets and we don't need to protect against much, if anything.

Turn is where the waters become muddy. Folding a set is never easy however. Again, we could just flat the turn as villain is showing interest in this board and we are very strong whilst also reasonably underrepped and fairly wide ranged, plus gives them the chance to bluff any rivers or value town themselves with AQ/AT. I understand we want to build a pot though, but when it gets re-raised again then this should narrow them right down in range and the big concern is AA and QQ obv. I wouldn't be factoring in 45 too heavily so the concern is we are drawing close to dead even if we fill up on river.

Calling the turn kinda seals (seels?) your fate on the river.
  • edited January 2017
    i am not really experienced enough to give you any decent advice but when playing you last night i tried to steal the blinds with A4 and you called my all in with Aj you then lost the race and started being sarky in the chat box the thing was it was a freeroll so i dont know what you would be like playing for cash but i think that mental side of your game could be the problem
  • edited January 2017
    Just goes to show different people play different ways.

I feel that lots of hands that are behind are bluffing on the turn-2 pairs, pair/4-flush etc

I would play that as you did
  • edited January 2017
    I think it is the size of the opponent's reraise on the turn that screams strength. Up to that point we would assume we are ahead.

I agree with hyffty that we would generally be discounting 45 here and don't want to be swayed by knowing the outcome.

But the size of that reraise seems to scream call me or shove and if you do call I am playing for stacks on the river, rather than a bluff (which paradoxically could just make it a very good bluff). I would have opponent on QQ or AA here most of the time, which makes the turn call worse because we are so far behind. 

It is hard to bin a set but I feel with bottom set and strength from an opponent when we have shown strength ourselves I would here.

Maybe a history of bluffing between us and opponent might sway that view but a cold read on bet sizing alone I would fold.

• edited January 2017
    I guess I'm just too much of a nit, but vs an UTG open I think I bin 22 anyway.  Hating having to put in up to 1k pre-flop if the blinds decide to squeeze and, in theory at least, UTG should be playing a fairly tight range.

I suppose as played then we figure that on turn oppo has AA/AhKh/AQ/33/QQ and maybe as it's early doors, A3s/A2s (guess only clubs or hearts) - unless we know that they are a real bluff monkey.

Don't have any equity tools at work, but I'm guessing that 22 must be fairly close to 50/50 vs that turn range (assuming no bluffs)? 

Probably means we want to find a fold then and live to fight another day, particularly as they cover us so we don't get immediate moniez the times we do win... but it's a set on a board with no obvious completed draws... so I'd imagine I (and most people) would go broke here and just chalk it up to another cooler...

PS lerky always runs so good :)

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Hand analysis 10,000 Bounty Hunter:
    I guess I'm just too much of a nit, but vs an UTG open I think I bin 22 anyway.  Hating having to put in up to 1k pre-flop if the blinds decide to squeeze and, in theory at least, UTG should be playing a fairly tight range. I suppose as played then we figure that on turn oppo has AA/AhKh/AQ/33/QQ and maybe as it's early doors, A3s/A2s (guess only clubs or hearts) - unless we know that they are a real bluff monkey. Don't have any equity tools at work, but I'm guessing that 22 must be fairly close to 50/50 vs that turn range (assuming no bluffs)?  Probably means we want to find a fold then and live to fight another day, particularly as they cover us so we don't get immediate moniez the times we do win... but it's a set on a board with no obvious completed draws... so I'd imagine I (and most people) would go broke here and just chalk it up to another cooler... PS lerky always runs so good :)
    Posted by shakinaces

Isn't that a reason to peel? So the times we flop a set we can potentially win a load of chips if facing a narrow range. Obv the flipside is we will very occasionally flop a set and be close to drawing dead, but its spots like this that are great to get in fairly cheap, with position and whilst deep stacked, and see what the flop brings.
  • edited January 2017
    yep, to me u played it ok, no way can u put him on 54 on flop,when he reraises u close your eyes and go all in,hope he got ax,aq other two pairs,flush draws.your ahead of75% in his range.... if u plan to call river all in, as u did...turn allin gives u fold equity and u take control of hand.
    interesting hand ..gl on tables,kernal
  • edited January 2017
    This is normally a flop I would raise because bb and the opener have quite a few aces in their range, is that the right play or we better going for it on the turn? 

Hard to get away from this hand though and hard to put him on 54. Although bigger trips always a possibility given his strong turn bet.