You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£1500 & £1000 Bounty Hunter Fiasco

edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Reducing the GTD Prize will just mean more reduced entrants

no it won't. 

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Just noticed this in the tournament lobby:

The £1500/Gtd Bounty Hunter has been reduced to £1200

And

The £1000/Gtd Bounty Hunter has been reduced to £750

Errrrrrrrrrr What? **I was assuming this is because they are not raking in enough money? ** or maybe the numbers were down because its virtually impossible to enter both of them on the same night due to the timing of them.

Reducing the GTD Prize will just mean more reduced entrants and inevitably the end of our big bounty hunter  

**Edited** I have edited this thread because I have checked the entrants and the numbers are not down

So, Why have they been reduced? Answers Anyone Please..........
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: £1500 & £1000 Bounty Hunter Fiasco:
    Reducing the GTD Prize will just mean more reduced entrants no it won't. 
    Posted by scotty77
    Of course it will scotty, every time sky reduce the guaranteed prize pool in any of their tournies, the numbers always dwindle, until eventually it dies on its feet.
  • edited February 2010
    I don't usually play these tourneys Trev (in fact I think I may have only ever played it twice), but were they regularly making their guarantees? If not then that explains why they've been reduced.

The one thing we always have to remember is that Sky is a business & if tourneys are not making the guarantees then why should Sky give money away for nothing.

Of course, if they were pretty always making the guarantees then it doesn't really make sense to reduce it imo.
  • edited February 2010
    not played here for a while but could it have anything to do with live champions league involving man utd,, when i was a regular i used to notice that the gtd's always dipped when there was a big match on,, must have something to do with sky taking a catious approach on these nights and not expecting same volume of players as usual.

As i said it was a trend i noticed when playing here on a regular basis and is my theory as to why they have been decreased today.

• edited February 2010
    I don't usually play these tourneys Trev (in fact I think I may have only ever played it twice), but were they regularly making their guarantees? If not then that explains why they've been reduced. The one thing we always have to remember is that Sky is a business & if tourneys are not making the guarantees then why should Sky give money away for nothing. Of course, if they were pretty always making the guarantees then it doesn't really make sense to reduce it imo.
    Posted by silentbob
    Hi Slient bob.
    Here are the entrance stat for the last 4 £1500 B/Hunters that Ive been in.

10th Feb - 170 entrants @ £10 = £1700
    12th Feb - 210 entrants @ £10 = £2100
    13th Feb - 233 entrants @ £10 = £2330
    15th Feb - 191 entrants @ £10 = £1910

The tourny is usually £11 to enter but obviously I have not included the additional £1 fee as this does not go into the prize pool. So it certainly isnt because the numbers have dwindled.
  • edited February 2010
    not played here for a while but could it have anything to do with live champions league involving man utd,, when i was a regular i used to notice that the gtd's always dipped when there was a big match on,, must have something to do with sky taking a catious approach on these nights and not expecting same volume of players as usual. As i said it was a trend i noticed when playing here on a regular basis and is my theory as to why they have been decreased today.
    Posted by TINTIN
    Interesting concept TinTin, perhaps the man in the know at sky poker is a Man U supporter lol.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: £1500 & £1000 Bounty Hunter Fiasco : Hi Slient bob. Here are the entrance stat for the last 4 £1500 B/Hunters that Ive been in. 10th Feb - 170 entrants @ £10 = £1700 12th Feb - 210 entrants @ £10 = £2100 13th Feb - 233 entrants @ £10 = £2330 15th Feb - 191 entrants @ £10 = £1910 The tourny is usually £11 to enter but obviously I have not included the additional £1 fee as this does not go into the prize pool. So it certainly isnt because the numbers have dwindled.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Thanks for the info Trev,

Certainly on the face of it then I can't see why this has happened if Sky are not actually losing money from it? Maybe Rich or Bernie could shed some light on it?
  • edited February 2010
    Bounty Hunter Fiasco?
    Posted by Machka
    Funny funny post, well done m8
  • edited February 2010
    Bounty Hunter Fiasco?
    Posted by Machka
    Lol verry funny Machka, nice one.
  • edited February 2010
    Its all because the footy was on, be back to normal tomorrow !!!
  • edited February 2010
    Its all because the footy was on, be back to normal tomorrow !!!
    Posted by goodylad21
    Well I have taken a look Today and............No, it is not back to normal

Also if you look at the £1200 satelites Today, the description in the tournament area say that it is a satelite into Tonights £1500 Bounty Hunter, however, if you go into the lobby is says it is only a £1200 BH.

Sky, What is Goin On? Reduced GTD Bounty Hunter Prize Pool & Now -  Missleading Description.

Any Ideas - Sky Rich.............Anyone? 
  • edited February 2010

Trev it's quite normal for guaranteed prize-pools to fluctuate up and down. Sites often cough up big overlays on guaranteed mtt's, but they can only do that for so long.

As I said they go up and down on all sites, so this is no different. I played a $50k guaranteed last week that made a pool of $102k ........... but it ended up with 6000 runners. Not long ago it was a $30k guarantee. Another site has a nightly mtt that was $40k but is now $25k. It happens all over m8.

• edited February 2010

Business on the Site is always affected by "big" Champions League nights, & no amount of Guarantees will stop people watching CL if that's their thing.

It's perfectly normal, & it's just makes no sense to throw money away when the Players will not be there.

Sky Poker have a budget for Guarantees & "overlays", & it is a massive sum of money. They just have to manage that Budget sensibly. All their spend, ultimately, comes out of the same pot of money, & if the spend in Guarantees & Overlays is increased, then something else will be cut.

A good question by PokerTrev, but I think the answer makes sense, too.

• edited February 2010
    Trev it's quite normal for guaranteed prize-pools to fluctuate up and down. Sites often cough up big overlays on guaranteed mtt's, but they can only do that for so long. As I said they go up and down on all sites, so this is no different. I played a $50k guaranteed last week that made a pool of $102k ........... but it ended up with 6000 runners. Not long ago it was a $30k guarantee. Another site has a nightly mtt that was $40k but is now $25k. It happens all over m8.
    Posted by elsadog
    Hi Elsa.
    I know what your saying, but as per one of my posts above, there have been no overlays in this tourny, the tourny has exceeded the required entrants for the gtd prize pool.

I don't know whether you saw my post today in this thread, but todays satelite tourneys say £1200 BH Sat, but the description on the right says, satelite into Tonights £1500 BH, which is a bit missleading me thinks.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: £1500 & £1000 Bounty Hunter Fiasco : Hi Elsa. I know what your saying, but as per one of my posts above, there have been no overlays, the tourny has exceed the required entrants for the gtd prize pool. I don't know whether you saw my post today in this thread, but todays satelite tourneys say £1200 BH Sat, but the description on the right says, satelite into Tonights £1500 BH, which is a bit missleading me thinks.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    It made "only" 358 runners last night Trev, & no amount of Guarantee would have changed that much. It was a VERY big football night.

As to today's satellites, they have clearly made a mistake & forgotten to change the Template, &, you know, mistakes can happen. I'll drop them a note so they can correct it.
  • edited February 2010
    Hi PokerTrev,

Champions League football has a say in it. Because Sky Poker is a very UK-centric poker room, when there's a major football game on, we expect to see a dip in the number of players who come to the site and subsequently play the tournaments. Lowering the guaranteed amounts isn't the norm, just good business practice in those rare cases where an English football team actually does achieve a result in Europe ;)

Last night was Man Utd, tonight is Chelsea and Arsenal. You should find the guarantees are back to normal tomorrow.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
    Dave
  • edited February 2010

I've looked at tonight's Satellite. In the Lobby, it's clearly Labelled "£1,200 BH Sat", but in the wordy bit, it says "£1,500 Bounty Hunter".

I've dropped them a note, & arranged to have the culprit summarily shot. ;)
  • edited February 2010
    I've looked at tonight's Satellite. In the Lobby, it's clearly Labelled "£1,200 BH Sat", but in the wordy bit, it says "£1,500 Bounty Hunter". I've dropped them a note, & arranged to have the culprit summarily shot. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    LOOOOOOOOL - Dont make me laugh tikay!

You know I can't stay serious for too long. Anyway, I think the culprit may have been watching the game lol, but don't tell anyone.

Ok Thread Closed, I'm going to make a brew.
  • edited February 2010
    One sugar for me please.
  • edited February 2010
    One sugar for me please.
    Posted by elsadog
    Lovin the new pic Elsa - Is that a wig your wearing?
  • edited February 2010
    Sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!