You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Good Luck to all playing in the Derek Kavanagh Cup today.

edited January 2017 in Poker Chat
Before I started to play poker I thought all poker players were just gamblers and chancers, little did I know how wrong could I have been. These past 2 years since Rose got me to join and play poker my outlook on not only playing but also the players has changed immensly.

All I can say is that the players who i've met are crazy, funny, and all round good people. The poker community really pulls together when someone is ill or having a challenging time. It really is a close nit community which I am proud to be a part of.

I don't know half and a quarter of the Poker players but i'm learning. Derek has lung cancer and unfortunately is in hospital at the minute with pneumonia. The out pouring of players that wanted to join is over whelming. It doesn't only touch our tiny Sky community but it far reaches that to other sites and forums too. Just look at the monies raised by us for Grahams TBL charity thread, Icetigers pledges and other things.

This is a great community and a fantastic place to play. Lets hope that Sky will manage a few live tournaments this year where old and new players can meet up and swap stories, play poker and have fun.

Good luck to everyone playing and just remember to run golden.

Comments